Kaisers of Shireroth
Founder: Björka HnossdóttirHead: Harald
Hallbjörn Haraldsson af Ettlingum Freyu, reigning as Kaiser Hjalmar (1635–1639), born 1588 in Port Nevermore (Kildare) is a former Shirerithian prince and kaiser. Exiled from Shireroth in 1651 due to the Auspicious Occasion. He is the eldest son of High King Harald of Stormark and the father of Fjǫrleif Hallbjörnsdóttir, King Noah, and Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill.
The son of Storish high king Harald of Ettlingar Freyu, Hallbjörn grew up in Stormark where he lived a lavish life as a Storish prince. As a teenager, he was a playboy and managed to conceive a daughter with Mallymkun de Béthune who was born in 1606 (Fjorleif). In 1614, during a Natopian emperor Nathaniel's state visit to Stormark, he met Nathaniel's aunt Esther and fell in love with her on sight. The two married the next year. They were happily married, and in 1616 a set of twins were born, Noah and Audun Joel. The happiness was squashed when in 1618 Esther was murdered in her home. Struck with grief, Hallbjörn vowed never to marry again, and began naming places and things after his dead wife. The marriage was retroactively annulled by the Auspicious Occasion 1651.
In 1623, upon his stepson Jonathan's abdication as Prince of Elwynn, the next in line to the throne was Noah, a minor. Accordingly, Hallbjörn was Steward of Elwynn until Noah was old enough to rule himself in 1632. His government saw a rapid Froyalanization of Elwynn. By the end of his rule, Hallbjörn was well acquainted with Shirerithian politics and had served in various roles in the imperial administration and in the military forces.
- Fjǫrleif Hallbjörnsdóttir, born 1606 (mother Mallymkun de Béthune)
- Noah Hallbjörnsson, born 1616 (mother Esther Ayreon-Kalirion)
- Audun Joel, born 1616, died 1651 (mother Esther Ayreon-Kalirion)
Ascension to the Golden Mango Throne
Main Article: The River War
Hallbjörn Haraldsson ascended to the Golden Mango Throne in the year 1635 after defeating an unexpected attack on the Kingly City of Eliria by rogue Imperial Volunteer Forces led by Princess Margana Win'Eth, the daughter of Kaiser Brrapa VII, becoming the 152nd Kaiser of Shireroth. The Kaiser, dejected by his daughter's betrayal, and ailing, ceded the throne to the victorious general who had led the Union Defence Force counter-attack which had carried all the way to the walls of Shirekeep. This general had used the nomme d'guerre of Hjalmar Heirðrsson, which was one of Hallbjörn's many aliases.
In consequence of which he took the throne under the name of Hjalmar.
As kaiser, his reign was characterized with institutional and legal reform. Feeling sorry for the more-or-less disinherited son Audun Joel, he took especial care of this son and nurtured him into succeeding him as kaiser in 1639.
He appointed his daughter Fjorleif to Kaiseress consort, a position she held for many years.
With his experience in the imperial government, Hallbjörn continued to serve in various positions in the imperial government until his forced exile in 1651.
Imperial Advisory Council of Kaiser Hjalmar
Kaiser Hjalmar assembled a group of unique and competent individuals to serve as his Imperial Advisory Council to provide him with wise advice and counsel when attending to the government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.
- Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Minister of the Exterior;
- Fjǫrleif Hallbjörnsdóttir of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Minister of the Interior;
- Thorgils Tarjeisson, Minister of Military Affairs;
- King Noah, head of state of the Elwynnese Union;
- Queen Noor, head of state of the Kingdom of Goldshire;
- Queen Mira Raynora Major, head of state of the Kingdom of Lichbrook;
- Altea Lomax, representative of the Imperial Dominions;
- Shyriath Bukolos;
- Audun Joel of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja;
- Yumi Zotrasdóttir of the House of Kviteseid.
- The succession of Kaiser Hjalmar to the Golden Mango Throne was of constitutional interest meaning that the son of the High King of Stormark has become the Kaiser of Shireroth - leaving open the possibility of the dynastic succession leading to Hjalmar becoming the ruler of both of the two largest Empires on Micras, with the potential for inheriting the regency of Alexandria at some point in the future also.
- The ascension of Kaiser Hjalmar to the Imperial Throne of Shireroth established a new Imperial Bloodline: the Line of Ettlingar Freyu.
Imperial Decrees made by this Kaiser: Imperial Decree 784, Imperial Decree 785, Imperial Decree 786, Imperial Decree 787, Imperial Decree 788, Imperial Decree 789, Imperial Decree 790, Imperial Decree 791, Imperial Decree 792, Imperial Decree 793, Imperial Decree 794, Imperial Decree 795, Imperial Decree 796, Imperial Decree 797, Imperial Decree 798, Imperial Decree 799, Imperial Decree 800, Imperial Decree 801, Imperial Decree 802, Imperial Decree 803, Imperial Decree 804, Imperial Decree 805, Imperial Decree 806, Imperial Decree 807, Imperial Decree 808.
Kaiser Brrapa VII
|Succession of the Shirithian Kaisership
Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill
|Steward of the Imperial Republic
|Chamberlain of the Imperial Household