The River Elwynn, which is also known as the Great Sacred River, is the longest river of the continent which is known as Benacia. It also is one of the longest rivers of all of Micras. The river consists of two major arms, the Blue Elwynn and the White Elwynn, which meander slowly southwards until they flow together east of the City of Shirekeep and become the Red Elwynn, which from that point on continues to meander slowly southwards to the Elwynn River Delta, passing the Gates of the Guttuli, where it flows into the Shire Sea. All three of the aforesaid major rivers have numerous tributaries.
- 1 Name
- 2 The Blue Elwynn
- 3 The White Elwynn
- 4 The Red Elwynn
- 5 Cultural geography
The River Elwynn derives its name from the Lady Divine Elwynn, who grew up on the riverbanks of the Blue Elwynn. Its original name, if any, is lost to time.
The Blue Elwynn
The length of the Blue Elwynn is, from its source in the Bailiwick of Neuneuensdorf in the Royal Precinct of the Elwynnese Union which is known as the Kingdom of Amokolia to its confluence with the White Elwynn at the City of Shirekeep, 2510 km. The Blue Elwynn is also known by the names of: Elwynn Azraq, Ellyn Azraq, and Storälven.
Major Tributaries of the Blue Elwynn
The major tributaries of the Blue Elwynn are the:
- Araxionian Elwynn (Elw: Ellyn Araxion). This most sacred flow has its source at the Tower of Araxion and is considered holy in branches of the Treesianoid and Froyalanish religions.
- Kilkadeshi Elwynn. The source of this river is situated near Kilkadesh. It is also known as the Ellyn Kilkaadexion;
- Mishalanski Elwynn or Mishalense Elwynn or Mudyy River (Elw: Ellyn Mixalaniel; Mishalanese: Mudyy), source is to be found in the east of the continental part of Mishalan.
The White Elwynn
The length of the White Elwynn is, from its source north of Eliria in the Royal Precinct which is known as the City and County of Eliria to its confluence with the Blue Elwynn at the City of Shirekeep, 1930 km. The Blue Elwynn is also known by the names of: Elwynn Pares, Ellyn Pares, and Alvynaån.
Major Tributaries of the White Elwynn
The major tributaries of the White Elwynn are the:
- Aiomidean Elwynn (Elw: Ellyn Ajomideon): This tributary flow has its source west of the Kingly City of Eliria;
- Elirian Elwynn (Elw: Ellyn Elirion): The source of this river is situated on the border between the Elirian Bailiwicks of Saarreoonu and Simnesekuq;
- Estherian Elwynn (Elw: Ellyn Esterion) This tributary flow has its source on the border between the Emirate of Alalehzamin and Utasia and the City and County of Eliria;
- Fenrir Elwynn (Elw: Ellyn Fenrireon). A river of which the source is to be found east of the City of Fenririe;
- Hol Elwynn, or Holwinn. (Elw: Ellyn Hollion) The source of this river is situated on the Suthergold-Ynnraile border.
The Red Elwynn
The length of the Red Elwynn is, from the confluence of the Blue Elwynn and the White Elwynn east of the City of Shirekeep, 2660 km. The Red Elwynn is also known by the names of: Elwynn Xaquun, Ellyn Xaquun, and Tywyllawin. The total combined length of the Blue Elwynn and the Red Elwynn is 5170 km; the total combined length of the White Elwynn and the Red Elwynn is 4590 km.
Imperial State Boundaries
The Great Sacred River runs through or along the Benacian mainlands of all the Imperial States of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. It also flows along eastern border of the Imperial Dominion which is known as Mishalan. It forms a significant portion of the border between Elwynn and Goldshire and of the border between Elwynn and Mishalan. The river also defines the whole of the state boundaries between Elwynn and Lichbrook as well as Lichbrook and Goldshire.
Major Places along the River Elwynn
|Blue Elwynn||White Elwynn||Red Elwynn|
|Valley of Mors||Timothea|
Note: *The City of Shirekeep is situated on all three the rivers of the River Elwynn system.
Notable Islands in the River Elwynn
|Blue Elwynn||White Elwynn||Red Elwynn|
|Amh Alari Isle||Alora||Brinatol|
|Iyl Thalas||Ilyve Thalor||Ilymaluma|
|Krull Isle||Qeshm Isle||Occiguttula|
|Sajid Island||Sanafir Island||Procyllóna|
|Ynys Wydryn||Wsnaes||Ynys Iverc|
The Jazâ'ir ul Zjandariyeh
The Jazâ'ir ul Zjandariyeh (Zjandarian Islands) are a group of many but small islands in the Blue Elwynn which are situated just north-west of the Royal City of Ardashirshahr. The Bailiwick of the same name has most of its land on the mainland though, mainly because of land reclamation during the Ardashirian era (filling the swampness and canals with stuff to make dry land and to help agriculture to feed the then ever-expanding city of Ardashirshahr).
Elwynn River Delta
The Elwynn River Delta, also known in Goldshire as the Guttuli, is the estuary where the water of the River Elwynn flows into the Shire Sea. Its isles are part of the Novaya Sorensk Territory, and one of the most important landmarks are the Gates of the Guttuli, which were built by Kaiser Brrapa VII to impress visitors.
Gates of the Guttuli
The Gates of the Guttuli are four massive towers of marble, constructed during the reign of Kaiser Brrapa VII. Built at the estuary of the Elwynn River (the Gurtuli) between the Counties of Lunaris and Krazilec between 6033 and 6040 ASC.