The Raynor Mausoleum was build in order of Kaiser Leto III, via Imperial Decree 436, as new burial place of the Kaisers. Before this, the Kaisers got buried in the Temple of Mors in Metzlershire. In practice it was only used for burials between the period 1561–1574. Subsequently its importance diminished after the practice of internment in the Valley of Mors began in Kaiser Gaelen IV's reign. It was used, somewhat scandalously, as a venue for entertainments and orgies during the stewardship of the Imperial Mother.