Welcome to Shirewiki, the free encyclopedia about Shireroth and all related matters, where anyone can edit anywhere.
Current Events (1653 AN)
- A new Charter has been promulgated by the Kaiser, cementing the permanence of dynastic rule and the outcome of the Auspicious Occasion.The powers of the regency have been invested in the Imperial Advisory Council and the Steward, Liv Dravot, now has one year remaining to her term after which elections for her successor must be held.
- A number of overseas territories, including Ura'Bos, have been evacuated. Resources freed up by decolonisation have been invested into securing the Lywall protectorate, a buffer between Malarboria and the hostile environment of the inner Benacian Green.
- The Elwynnese Monarchy has been abolished following the promulgation of a new republican constitution. The former King, Vilhjalm of Elwynn, continues in office as interim Prince. His successor will, in due course, be elected by the Elwynnese Senate. The exiled King Noah and his followers maintain their pretence to their former titles.
- Daniyal Dravot, a veteran Elwynnese imperial minister, politician, businessman, and husband of the Steward, is suffering a grievous illness and, at ninety-four years of age, faces the looming spectre of Mors himself. Rather than accept the inevitable he has ventured on a pilgrimage into Brookshire in pursuit of longevity.
- A dubious gentlemen, going by the moniker of Curt Kobain has been seen stalking the island of Yardistan, stoking the remembrance of a time when Yardistan was ruled by its own Anarch and generally asking "what the hell's happened to this place?". Observers are agreed that he is certainly curt.
States & Government
The Coat of Arms of the Landsraad
The Prætor is the presiding officer of the Landsraad and is elected by the aforesaid Federal Legislature. Zie presides over the Landsraad in all matters. The Prætorship of the Landsraad is one of the Great Offices of State of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. Aside from the occasional Kaiseral election by the Landsraad, it is the only elected position in the Imperial Government.
The office of Prætor is almost as old as the Landsraad itself. Prior to the Prætor, the members of the Landsraad moderated themselves, but as the Landsraad grew in size and importance, it became apparent that some form of mediation was necessary. Erik Mortis created the name "Prætor". The letter ash (æ) ought to be used if possible as the proper spelling is not "Praetor" (though it is generally accepted). Nicholas Raglan, a Yardistani, is known as first 'speaker' (an ancient, but nowadays obsolete, term to refer to the Prætor).
The Prætor has a wide variety of duties, functions and powers which are derived from tradition and custom, the Charter, the Procedures of the Landsraad, and several other legal documents.
Go to the forum | Test your editing skills in the Sandbox | List of all Shirewiki pages