From ShireWiki
Revision as of 15:49, 10 August 2018 by Verion (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
The Coat of Arms of Eliria
The mists of Mo'lluk covering the City of Eliria in the days of yore.
Ynys Qinmenor, an island situated in the Ildilyntra tributary of the River Elwynn which is home to one of the wealthiest residential areas of the City of Eliria.
Gunners of the Fleur de Lys-Longships Guard performing a 62-gun salute at Eliria Castle in honour of Kaiser Dominus Tarjeisson during his State Visit to Elwynn.

The City of Eliria, is the capital of the Elwynnese Union and of the Bailiwick of the same name. It was the first city to be chartered in Elwynn during the Ducal Reign of Scott of Alexander (1452–1470). Its metropolitan area makes it the largest city in Elwynn. Eliria is the seat of the Royal Government of Elwynn.


Eliria's name differs depending on which language used:

Each of the names come from old Elw enu elirioon, "the place of lyres". According to legend Tlygowa the Lyrist, en Elfinshi lady famous for her music, founded the city at what is today Eliria Castle.


1515, ruined by famine and war. Rebuilt by Andelarion and Ozarka Mons.

Briefly the war capital of Shireroth.

During the communist era (circa 1613-1618), an avenue from west to east was created through Elwynn, destroying in part large segments of the Old Town. This avenue still bears the name Avenue of the Workers’ Revolution.

1635, Attacked by Imperial Forces during the River War. Damaged sections of the city were expensively rebuilt in a manner that would magnify the glory of the victorious House of Ettlingar Freyu.

1644, grand occasion of the state visit of Kaiser Dominus.

1651, Many buildings associated with the Elwynnese Monarchy and the Froyalanish community are attacked and set-ablaze by rioting Elw. Reprisals by the Fleur de Lys-Longships Guard and Vanic Temple Guard are severe, causing the Cudgellers to either desert to go over to the side of the insurrectionists. Fighting subsides as Imperial Army and defecting UDF regiments arrive on the outskirts of the city to enforce the deportation orders that had triggered the Auspicious Occasion.


Sites of Interest

  • Arsalani Hospital;
  • Avenue of the Workers' Revolution;
  • Azde Avon-El;
  • Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel;
  • Cathedral-Chapel of Prince Dariolin;
  • Cudgellers Hall;
  • Daily Mail & Telegraph Ziggurat;
  • Duchess Isabelle Allot Theater;
  • Duchess Mari Greenwood Hall;
  • Eliria Castle;
  • Eliria Cathedral;
  • Eliria Central Station;
  • Eliria Depot;
  • Elirian Bazaar;
  • Elwnet Broadcasting House (closed, now Benacian Data Network hub);
  • Fleur de Lys-Longships Citadel (home to Imperial Marshals legation);
  • Fort Eliria (Headquarters of Republican Guard);
  • Gropecunte Lane;
  • Hall of the Twelve Peoples;
  • Lásamlingús (ruins);
  • Libraries Kalirion;
  • Mission Saint Utas;
  • Mandorallen's Church;
  • Mount Yaanek Temple and Palace;
  • Monument: "Ode to Multiculture";
  • Monument: "Tribute to Diversity";
  • Musée des Sceaux;
  • Palace of Krull;
  • Park of the Princes Nathan and Elijah;
  • People's Academy of Elwynn, King's College;
  • Royal Mall;
  • Royal Mile;
  • Senate Massacre Memorial;
  • Soreaa Isurui Library;
  • Statue of Duke Harald (toppled);
  • Statue of Prince Daniel;
  • St. Harald Aerodrome (closed);
  • St. Harald Archives (ruins);
  • St. Harald's Basilica (ruins);
  • St. Harald Priory (ruins);
  • Tarjei Einhornsson Military Academy;
  • Temple of Ryvenna;
  • Temple of Smiles (desecrated ruins);
  • Temple of the Sweet Lady of Eluin (desecrated ruins);
  • True Church (now used as a munitions store);
  • UDF Aerodrome (under Imperial occupation);
  • Utas's Church;
  • Vanic Times Longhouse;
  • Ynys Wydryn.