Emperor of the Natopians: Nathan, Nathaniel, Naian, Asara, Zakyyr
Avatar: Nathan II
The name Waffel comes from the Sin'felo elf clan of the Phoenix Forest, the Founder's oldest known maternal ancestors. In order to Natopianize the name for easier assimilation in Germanic Ziegeland, Nathan's homeland, Sin'felo was changed to von 'Fel and eventually became Waffel. The Founder's paternal family is native to Yellow Island, serving as shepherds in the countryside. Therefore Paine was chosen to indicate the humble, outlying, pastoral origins of the Founder. The name combines ancient mysterious foreign origins and humble native roots. The name may be pronounced "Va-fell-pain" or "Waffle-pain" depending on the speaker's preference. Both pronunciations carry the same tone of respect.
- Nathan Waffel-Paine (1455–1607) [m. Elijah Ayreon]
- Nathaniel Ayreon-Kalirion (1586–1632) [m. Noor bint Daniyal]
- Naian Waffel-Paine (1588–1644)
- Lord Erion (c1410– ), Prince of Arboria, President of Elwynn (1570–1573)
- Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak [m. Ivo Angus]