Prince of Amokolia
Prince of Amokolia is the title of the heir apparent to the White Orchid Throne and is in consequence thereof held by the person first entitled to succeed to the Kingship of the Elwynnese Union. The title is presently held by Prince Vilhjálm Daniel Gudrödar Noahs- og Noorsson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine, of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja.
Roles and Responsibilities
No formal public role or responsibility has been legislated by the White Orchid Throne or otherwise delegated to the present holder of the title by law or custom in zir capacity of Prince of Amokolia. It is expected that in due course the present Prince of Amokolia will assist zir Lord Father the King in the performance of His duties, for example representing the King when welcoming dignitaries to the Kingly City of Eliria, sitting in for for zir Lord Father at the King's Table Audience, attending State dinners during State visits, and representing the White Orchid Throne overseas at state and ceremonial occasions such as royal weddings and state funerals. He in future might also take up a seat in the Family Council of the House of Orchids.
In the days long gone by that Amokolia was a Dominion of the Kingdom-Empire of Victoria, the heir apparent to the Victorian Throne, Crown Princess Anika of Victoria, bore the title of Princess of Amokolia. Princess Anika ceased to hold that title after Amokolia's secession from the Kingdom-Empire of Victoria.
As Title of the Ruler of Elwynn
In 1582 the Jewel of the Many Facets adopted the name "Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)". In consequence thereof the title of the Ruler of Elwynn became Prince of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu. The title of the holder of White Orchid Throne did not change when a new constitution came into force in the year 1587 which decreed that the name of the State was "Union of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu".
In 1592, with the promulgation of a new Charter of the Elwynnese Union, the name of the State went from "Union of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu" to "Elwynnese Union". No law changed the titles of the subsequent princes, but all subsequent Elwynnese princes until Noah in 1624 did not ever use the title "Prince of Amokolia", although they probably had the legal basis for using that title if they wished to do so.
The aforesaid title lied dormant for more than three decades and was only revived when Prince of Amokolia became one of the titles of the holder of the White Orchid Throne during the great first-tier subdivision reform in 1624 in the early days of the Ruling Stewardship of Hallbjörn Haraldsson.
Upon the institution of the Kingship during the self-same Ruling Stewardship the title of Prince of Amokolia was elevated to King of Amokolia accordingly.
As Title of the Heir Apparent to the White Orchid Throne
After the birth of the first son of His body, Prince Vilhjálm of Elwynn, King Noah of Elwynn decided that His heir apparent would bear the title of Prince of Amokolia and the same would apply to any future heir apparent to the White Orchid Throne. The aforesaid was entrenched by the White Orchid Throne through the Third Article of a Royal Decree which is known as the Decree of the Konungstekjostaðr:
3. It is hereby decreed that from this day forth and so long as the fire of Yaanek burns, the Boreal winds blow, and Elwynn's Sacred Riverine waters flow to the Shire Sea; so long as the sun shines, and the soil yields harvest; so long as a mother nurtures her child, and men tend the fields; so long as fires flame, ships sail, and the sun melts the snow; so long as people live between the Two Sacred Rivers, and the heavens turn; so long as the fir tree grows, the fish swim, the stag runs, and the falcon flies in the long day of Spring, the title of Prince of Amokolia shall appertain to the person first entitled to succeed to the White Orchid Throne.
Coat of Arms
- Crown Princess Anika of Victoria (1559-1574, as heir apparent to the Victorian Throne and Princess of Amokolia);
- Prince Daniel Kalirion (1582-1586, as Prince of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu);
- Prince Nathan Dariolin (1586-1589, as Prince of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu);
- Prince Elijah Ayreon (1590-1592, as Prince of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu);
- Prince Thorstein Noah of Elwynn (1624-1629, as holder of the White Orchid Throne);
- Prince Vilhjálm of Elwynn (1636-1651, as heir apparent to the Kingship of Elwynn).