Welcome to Shirewiki, the free encyclopedia about Shireroth and all related matters that anyone can edit.
Current Events (1661 AN)
- The downfall of the Imperial Mother in the wake of the Livian Pogroms causes chaos in the ranks of the Imperial Forces, instability in the Imperial Government, and triggers a civil war in Elwynn.
- The election of the next Steward, was interrupted by the contentious proposal to emancipate Loyal Subjects and the malfunction of the Praetor, requiring the hasty recall of the Kaiser who was promptly abducted by Froyalanish exiles, necessitating his further rescue in a joint Sxiro-Hoennese diplomatic mission. The election eventually concluded with the Count-Palatine of Kezan returning to power for a second term. The Steward continues her campaign to exert authority over the "deep-state" created during the administrations of her predecessors, using every means at her disposal.
- In spite of the calamitous year and a strong challenge from the Imperial Democratic Party, the N&H-IRP-GOP alliance sees off the reformist and progressive movements to remain the largest parties in the Folksraad and Adelsraad, albeit well short of attaining an absolute majority.
- The election campaign appears to supply evidence that the military-industrial complex has been engaging in forbidden research, resulting in the creation of an interdimensional entity in the worst quarantine breach since the Shirekeep Incident.
- Former Steward Burgrave Waldemar Zinkgraven was drowned in a barrel of beer after being sold to the Nova English by the Prefect of New Blackstone. The body was subsequently returned to Raynor's Keep where it was placed in a sealed glass case and put on public display alongside the barrel as a warning to would-be tyrants.
States & Government
The Auspicious Occasion (24.XI.1651 – 14.XII.1651 AN) saw the expulsion of the House of Ettlingar Freyu and the Church of the Froyalanish Ancient Ways from Elwynn. The double coup in Shirekeep and Eliria, instigated by the Imperial Advisory Council, brought to an abrupt end the Froyalanish hegemony over the Imperial Republic that had begun with the abdication of Prince Jonathan Ayreon-Kalirion in 1623 and the River War of 1635.
In some quarters the Auspicious Occasion has been said to have "ultimately yielded a result so cataclysmic in scope that populations along most of the Benacian theological spectrum had found difficulty ascribing it to anything other than divine intercession". There are those who would suggest it something even rarer than divine intervention, albeit no less miraculous, that is to say a plan hastily conceived and executed that unfolded almost exactly as intended. The success of the coup, compared with Imperial operations before and after this date, can perhaps largely be ascribed to the fact that no-one outside of the ideologically committed cadres of the Vanic Temple Guard was really willing to fight, still less to die, in defence of Noah's abiding love of pomp and pageantry.
Go to the forum | Test your editing skills in the Sandbox | List of all Shirewiki pages