Imperial Decree 961
AYREON IV, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Qaisar Sathratiye, who, by this Imperial Decree, gives unto his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the gods of Shireroth, undying and unthinking obsequience.
Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place dedicated to Zurvan this Decree which by his Kharenah is confirmed for Us and our heirs forever.
IMPERIAL DECREE 961: Shirekeep's Penal Facilities
- Imperial Decree 802 (Dungeons and Gallows) is repealed with immediate effect.
- The correctional facility known as the "Dark Dungeons of Fjǫrleif" and the adjacent designated place of public execution known as "Fjǫrleif's Gallows Field" are condemned on the grounds of their poor construction and insanitary nature.
- The Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission is invited to conduct a thorough inspection of the Dark Dungeons of Fjǫrleif at the earliest opportunity and to make recommendations for their demolition.
- A new underground detention facility, known as the Abode of Transgressors, is to be constructed by the Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission beneath the Crownsport of Raynor's Keep.
- The Abode of Transgressors will be connected by means of a tunnel to the prisoner housing areas, or gaol, which will take a form of an series of oubliettes bored into the rock beneath the Red Elwynn. The sole access point to the oubliettes shall be via regular and maintenance access tunnels linking back to the Crownsport detention facility.
- The Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission enjoys full discretion in regards to the placement of safety and security features. However, at the insistence of Our Lord the Radiant Sun, provision must be made for the selective flooding of individual oubliettes as a prisoner control mechanism.
- The Bâb-an-Nûr of Raynor's Keep shall henceforth serve as the place of execution for all prisoners condemned to death by the Imperial Judex or the Decree of the Kaiser. A Stage of Justice shall be built into the outer wall of Raynor's Keep from whence the Kaiser may give the instruction to dispense justice.
- The Prefect of Shirekeep, the Imperial Chamberlain, the Arbiter, the Inquisitors, the Imperial Ministers and those who pay a fee for a licence from the Prefect, may establish detention facilities within the Imperial County at their own discretion.
IN WITNESS OF THE SUBLIME MAGNIFICENCE OF OUR LORD THE RADIANT SUN WHEREOF
We have caused the Seal of the Steward to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand.
Given at the Keep this 10th Day of Laemill in the year after the death of Norton one thousand six hundred and fifty one.