History of Shireroth
See also: Timeline of Shirerithian History
Following discussions in the IAC:
- Prehistory to the Death of Raynor (as per SSHIT with dates corrected for AN plus some scepticism).
- 1st Era Overview
- Raynor I unifies the core territories, assumes the title Kaiser.
- Kaiser's authority spreads outward, cadet branches of the family appointed to rule outer areas.
- Central authority fails to maintain central power, regional rulers assert increasingly independent authority and fight one another for territory and power.
- 2nd Era Overview
- Descent from Raynor now tenuous, at best, spurious bloodlines are fought. Scribes compiling and refuting competing genealogies are figures in high demand amongst the barons who aspire to dominion over Brookshire
- Kaisership is bestowed upon whoever captures Shirekeep for a time
- One of these rulers conquers the Shirekeep area (whoever it is that is ruling Monty Crisco), summons demons, and successfully asserts power over them. Daemonic power allows this line to conquer the other states.
- The demon-powered line of kaisers is overthrown and the demons are sealed away.
- Failure to maintain central control, the various states split apart again. Leading to:
- Third Era
- They are forced to become vassals of various foreign empires (Audentior, Jasonia, Benacia, Alexandros, Tymaria) in turn.
- Conquest of Elwynn
- From the wreckage of Tymaria emerges an unexpected great power.
- Madness ensues.
Periods of the Third Era:
- High Feudal
|Decade||Imperial Events||Elwynnese Events||Goldshirian Events||Events of Overseas Territories||Brookshire/Lichbrook/Malarboria||Major world events|
|1430s||.||.||.||.||.||1434: Attera breaks from isolationism |
1438: Rep of Istvanistan founded
|1440s||1443: Coup, "Republic of Shireroth" declared with Provisional Government
1444 Joined Audentior as province
1446 Declared independence from Audentior, war with Audentior
1446 joins Jasonia instead
|1442: Hyperborea founded||.||.||.||1441: FIOJ founded |
1449: Babkha united.
|1450s||1451: Imperial rule restored, independence from Jasonia||1452: Elwynn elevated to duchy||.||.||.||.|
|1460s||1461: Shireroth joins Tymaria
Straylight made duchy
|.||.||.||.||1460: FIOJ disbanded. |
1468: Baracão Revolution, socialist govt established
Madland proclaimed as empire
|1470s||.||.||.||.||.||1472: Menelmacar founded |
1471: Stormark founded by Harald
1477: Menelmacar divided
|1480s||.||Loss of Elfinshi power in Elwynn
1488: Elwynn demoted to barony
|.||.||.||1487: Archetype-Menelmacar falls|
|1490s||.||Babkhan mass immigration, Elfinshi wars||.||.||.||Leng, Cibola and Sypyyr discovered to the chagrin of the Hyperboreans |
1498: Madland becomes Alexandria
|1500s||.||1509: Elwynn raised to duchy||.||.||.||.|
|1510s||.||.||.||.||1511: Lac Glacei unclaimed||.|
|1530s||1538: Kaiser Hasan I cedes Shireroth to Babkha||1530–1533 Great Famine of Elwynn
1533 Harald becomes Duke
First Froyalan era
1535 Tapferite immigration to Elwynn
|1540s||1539–1542: War of Jeremy's Nose||.||.||.||.||.|
|1550s||.||1551: People's Academy established
1552–4: Ohl'tar genocide
|1560s||.||1567: Elwynnese independence||.||.||.||1567: Fall of Istvanistan's government|
1562 AN: First contact with the safir.
|1570s||.||1572: Amokolia joins Elwynn
1573 Elwynnese union with Hurmu
|.||.||.||1577-1582 AN: Safir colony on Micras.|
|1590s||.||1597: Lokiist infiltration. Princely elections.
Nationalization of assets. Widespread protests
1599: Hurmu leaves Elwynn
|.||.||.||1598: Babkhan holocaust|
|1600s||1600: Elwynn joins Shireroth
|1600: Elwynn joins Shireroth
Establishment of the Coordinated State
|1610s||1617: micraswiki:Revolution of 1617||1612: Communist revolution
1618: Return to constitutional democracy
Nathaniel declares absolute monarchy
|1620s||.||1623: Noah's ascension to throne
Second Froyalan Era begins
|1640s||1644: Oustfest Massacre
1648: Succession to the throne made dynastic
|1650s||1654–1657: War of Lost Brothers||1651: Auspicious Occasion; End of Froyalan era
||.||.||.||1654–1657: War of Lost Brothers|
|1660s||.||1660 Elwynnese Civil War||.||.||.||.|