Imperial Decree 866
NOOR AS-SALAAM, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Qaisar Baanooye Sathratiye, who, by this Imperial Decree, gives unto her subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the gods of Shireroth, undying and unthinking obsequience.
Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place dedicated to Zurvan this Decree which by his Kharenah is confirmed for Us and our heirs forever.
IMPERIAL DECREE 866: Contributions
- 1. The Imperial Government shall exercise the right to levy budget contributions from the Imperial States and the Imperial Dominions for the purposes of:
- a. War and peace,
- b. Foreign policy,
- c. International borders,
- d. National defence,
- e. National security,
- f. Currency,
- g. Interstate commerce, trade and infrastructure,
- h. Enforcement of Imperial law,
- i. Contracts,
- j. Citizenship, and
- k. The Imperial Dominions.
- 2. Budget contributions from the Imperial States must be debated and passed by a resolution of the Landsraad.
- 3. The manner in which Imperial States collect the aforesaid budget contributions shall be entirely determined by their own internal organisation and administration.
- 4. Contributions from the Imperial Dominions shall be collected in the form of direct taxation, based on a Poll Tax of 10% of GDP per capita, collected by the Office of Bounties and Factorage.
- 5. The Office of Bounties and Factorage is instructed to collect €41,753,175,099.53 by direct taxation for the year 1647 AN.
- 1. The allocation and apportionment of revenues for the budget of the Imperial Government shall be:
- a. For the Imperial Forces: 40%
- b. For Scientific Research: 28%
- c. For Education: 12%
- d. For the Imperial Constabulary: 11%
- e. For the Office of Bounties and Factorage: 8%
- f. For the Staff of the Imperial Household, the Ministry of the Exterior, the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Military Affairs: 1%
- g. For the discretion and leisure of Our Lady the Radiant Sun: 1%
III. Other Revenues
- 1. Other revenue streams identified and collected by the Office of Bounties and Factorage shall be apportioned in accordance with Article II.1.
- 2. No upper limit to the pursuit of additional revenues shall be countenanced.
IN WITNESS OF THE SUBLIME MAGNIFICENCE OF OUR LADY THE RADIANT SUN WHEREOF We have caused the Seal of the Steward to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand. Given at the Keep this Eleventh day of Vixaslaa in the year after the death of Norton one thousand six hundred and forty-six.
Office of the Steward