Imperial Decree 844
IMPERIAL DECREE 844: Preparing for Oustfest
Dominus Thorgils Tarjeisson Ettlingar Verion, by the weaving of the Norns, Kaiser, Arandur of Alalehzamin and Utasia and Count of Ran, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the Gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.
Whereas the Great and Noble Tradition of the Oustfest has been sadly neglected in recent years, we are determined to correct that with an Oustfest that shall be long remembered.
Know that we, in the name of all the Rightly-Guided Incarnations of the Holy Wisdom of the Ultimate Oneness of the Cosmos, have in the first place granted to the Highest Divinity, this Ordinance which is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.
1. Amnure the 13th to Hyre the 24th of Nomeziooqu, 1644, is declared an official public holiday and festival of thanksgiving. All public servants of the Imperial and Prefectorial Governments in the City of Shirekeep, excepting personnel of the Imperial Constabulary and the Imperial Forces, are excused from all duties, save that they are to attend upon the Kaiser's procession through the city on the first day of Oustfest.
2. Whereas our entourage and retinue will enter the city of Shirekeep from the North-Eastern Gate on the dawn of the first day of Oustfest, the Shirekeep City Watch and the Shirekeep Garrison of the Imperial Forces, including the Palatini Corps, shall form up in parade order and line the length of the 'Noble's Avenue' which shall form the route of the Kaiser's procession from the North-East Gate to Raynor's Keep.
3. Flight Lieutenant Rhydian Fithen is promoted to acting Squadron Leader and placed in charge of ensuring the security arrangements for the parade and triumphal procession.
a. The legion of the Scholae Equites Singulares, with an established strength of 6,000 personnel, is transferred from the Palatini Corps of the Imperial Army into the Mango Rangers of the Imperial Constabulary, and placed at the disposal of the Prætor.
b. The legion of the Scholae Palatinae, with an established strength of 6,000 personnel, is transferred from the Palatini Corps of the Imperial Army into the Imperial Household and placed at the disposal of the Steward as a personal guard.
c. The legion of the Scholae Evocati, with an established strength of 6,000 personnel, is redesignated as the VIII Legio Scholae Evocati and transferred from the Palatini Corps of the Imperial Army to the 5th Imperial Army Division (Dietsland) of the Frontier Army.
d. The legions of the Scholae Extraordinarii, the Scholae Principes & the Scholae Triarii, with a combined establishment of 18,000 are transferred from the Palatini Corps to the Imperial Constabulary.
e. The legions of the Scholae Velites, the Scholae Gladii, the Scholae Frumentarii, the Scholae Hastati and the Scholae Misericordi, with a combined establishment of 30,000 are transferred from the Palatini Corps to the Goldshire Regulars, so that the professional armed forces of that Imperial State might be resurrected and re-established thereby.
5. All Imperial Ministers and Commission Holders in the ranks of the clarissimi, spectabili and illustres, shall assemble before the Golden Gate of Raynor's Keep and there shall greet the Kaiser in supplication as he carries the Sword of Vengeance.
6. Appropriate entertainments will be provided for spectators amongst the lower classes.
So sealed, and signed by my hand at the Kaiser's Tower in the Palace of Krull, in the Kingly City of Eliria, in the year sixteen forty-four Long Count, sixty-three sixty-nine Short Count, in the hour of the Elephant in Musth.