Imperial Decree 839
IMPERIAL DECREE 839: Envoy to the Jing
Dominus Thorgils Tarjeisson Ettlingar Verion, by the weaving of the Norns, Kaiser, Arandur of Alalehzamin and Utasia and Count of Ran, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the Gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.
Know that we, in the name of all the Rightly-Guided Incarnations of the Holy Wisdom of the Ultimate Oneness of the Cosmos, have in the first place granted to the Highest Divinity, this Ordinance which is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.
1. By these letters patent we do hereby appoint our good and faithful servitor Jerome Bogthorpe as Imperial Legate and envoy to the Tianchao Jingdao, as occupying power of the Apollonian Republic, formerly our Dutchy of Kildare.
2. The Imperial Legate, as the holder of an Imperial Commission, shall be accorded the title and dignity that is the due of a holder of the grade of Zir Spectabilis and the following retinue:
- 8 Sentinels
- 2 Protocol Officers
- 1 Cultural Attache
- 1 Concubine
- 1 Chef de cuisine
- 1 Treasurer
- 1 Chaplain (Order of Viviantia)
- 1 Chaplain (Order of Mors)
- 5 Male Servants
- 5 Female Servants
- 10 Diplomats
- 3 Huntsmen
- 3 Falconers
- 6 Esquires
- 4 Grooms
- 4 Cooks
3. The Imperial Legate is accordingly empowered and entrusted to represent the Imperial Republic before the court of the Sheng Emperor.
4. Any further issues arising from decree shall be clarified by Imperial Rescript, deriving authority from this decree.
So sealed, and signed by my hand the Iron Hall on the isle of Blackstone, in the year sixteen forty-three Long Count, sixty-three fifty-six Short Count, in the hour of the Lachrymose Harpy.