Imperial Decree 838
IMPERIAL DECREE 838: Status of the Eparchy of Smjörkýr
Dominus Thorgils Tarjeisson Ettlingar Verion, by the weaving of the Norns, Kaiser, Arandur of Alalehzamin and Utasia and Count of Ran, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the Gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.
Whereas - religious pluralism and the maintenance of a diverse and enriched society are always the forefront of our thoughts;
Having been made aware of the dangerous effects of subsidence on the structural integrity of the Cathedral of Kaiser Ayreon III, which is an integral part of the landscape of Shirekeep;
Whereas the Dozan Bovic Church defends and upholds the spiritual truths of our dear friends and allies the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation;
Know that we, in the name of all the Rightly-Guided Incarnations of the Holy Wisdom of the Ultimate Oneness of the Cosmos, have in the first place granted to the Highest Divinity, this Ordinance which is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.
1. That for duration of the necessary and ongoing repairs to the foundations of the Cathedral of Kaiser Ayreon III, the Eparchy of Smjörkýr shall enjoy a full rebate of all taxes rendered unto the Office of Bounties and Factorage.
2. The Eparchy of Smjörkýr shall enjoy Imperial protection from all forms of unjust persecution.
3. The Metrobosarch of Smjörkýr shall enjoy the honour and dignity that is accorded to one who has standing with the Imperial Household and shall receive the rank of Zir Clarissimus in recognition thereof.
4. The right of the Metrobosarch of Smjörkýr to govern the internal affairs of the Eparchy shall be respected and upheld as long as this remains in a manner consistent with law. Similarly the Imperial Republic will not seek to legislate upon the internal workings of the Eparchy so long as these remain consistent in abiding by the rule of law.
5. Any further issues arising from decree shall be clarified by Imperial Rescript, deriving authority from this decree.
So sealed, and signed by my hand whilst at sea, in the year sixteen forty-three Long Count, sixty-three forty-seven Short Count, in the hour of the Anatomically Exaggerated Weasel.