Imperial Decree 829
IMPERIAL DECREE 829: The Imperial Household
Dominus Thorgils Tarjeisson Ettlingar Verion, by the weaving of the Norns, Kaiser, Arandur of Alalehzamin and Utasia and Count of Ran, to his subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the Gods of Shireroth undying and unthinking obsequience.
Know that we, in the name of all the Rightly-Guided Incarnations of the Holy Wisdom of the Ultimate Oneness of the Cosmos, have in the first place granted to the Highest Divinity, this Ordinance which is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.
1. The Kaiser may regulate, at his absolute discretion, the Kaiseral Court as well as the Imperial Household, with power to attach penalties for their infringement, and such regulations shall carry the force of law. Nothing in this Imperial Decree shall be construed to prevent the Kaiser, as well as any other person acting on his authority, of introducing new customs and traditions to the Imperial Household.
2. With regard to the Imperial Household, the Kaiser shall have the full powers pertaining to the master of a household. He may also make all the rules and regulations he may deem necessary or expedient for the organisation, officers, rank structure, training, discipline, efficiency, administration and good government of the the Imperial Household. The Kaiser shall be at liberty to delegate the aforesaid powers, or any part thereof, to the officers of the Imperial Household whom he may see fit to appoint.
3. To exemplify the Kaiser's close relationship with all parts of the Shirerithian People and national life in the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, and in addition to the various Imperial officials and support staff, the Imperial Household shall continue to incorporate representatives of other estates of the Shirerithian Nation, including but not limited to clerics, scientists, musicians, poets, and artists, who shall hold honorary positions within the Imperial Household.
4. There shall by this order be established an organisation known as the Imperial Household Agency to carry on the performance of the necessary and routine administrative and organisational duties necessary for the effective operation of the office of Kaiser;
5. The IHA shall consist of all the properties and domains in the possession of the Kaiser, as well as all personnel who are assigned to support the IHA's functions;
6. An additional function of the IHA shall be to manage and maintain the estates, properties and residences possessed by the Kaiser and or wherein the Kaiser has taken residence, first among which are Raynor's Keep in Shirekeep, Anandja's Palace (Imperial Summer Residence) and the Kaltorian Palace on Skyla Isle, and other such estates, properties and residences as our bailiffs and retainers shall identify, hereafter referred to as the Imperial Court.
7. The Kaiser shall appoint from amongst his retainers a Chamberlain of the Imperial Household:
a. The Chamberlain of the Imperial Household shall hold powers in delegation from the Kaiser to oversee all operations of the IHA in ensuring that the Imperial Court has the necessary facilities, resources, maintenance and security so that they may properly fulfil their assigned functions;
b. The Chamberlain of the Imperial Household shall also have the responsibility to oversee the productivity of the estates assigned to the administrative control of the IHA.
8. The Kaiser shall appoint from amongst his retainers a Court Historian and Notary of Raynor's Keep, hereafter referred to as the Court Historian:
a. The Court Historian shall be the head of the Tower of Bureaucratic Despair, answerable to the Chamberlain of the Imperial Household and the Kaiser for the duty of keeping the Decreebook and the archival libraries of the Tower of Bureaucratic Despair up-to-date and in good order;
b. The Court Historian, at the accession of each new Kaiser, shall be commissioned to prepare a true and faithful account of the reign of the Kaiser's predecessor;
c. It shall also the duty of the Court Historian to ensure the deposition of copies of all Laws, Decrees and Treaties which are still in effect in the Tower of Bureaucratic Despair.
9. There shall be three chambers of the IHA:
a. The Chamber of Petitions, under the Commissioner of Petitions, shall be responsible to organise and put forward petitions from the Imperial Dominions so that the Kaiser may be informed of local concerns and act to address them;
b. The Chamber of Pleas, under the Commissioner of Pleas, shall be responsible to organize and put forward requests for the Kaiser to exercise the prerogative of mercy;
c. The Chamber of the Crypteia, under the Commissioner of the Crypteia, shall be responsible for coordinating Imperial agencies investigating and reporting on corruption, malfeasance and disloyalty in the Imperial Republic to the Kaiser, the MinInt, the MoMA and the Imperial Inquisitor.
10. Appointments to the Chambers shall be within the gift of the Kaiser. Only members of the the Imperial Advisory Council (IAC) and the IHA shall be eligible for these appointments.
11. It shall be at a reigning Kaiser's sole discretion as to whether to recognise any one or more of his companions as Imperial Consort:
a. The appointment of an Imperial Consort shall in no way preclude the taking of other additional partners and or concubines;
b. The tenure of an Imperial Consort shall end with the termination of the reign of the Kaiser in whose name the appointment was made.
12. The Grand Imperial Neutered Servitor shall be appointed, having made the necessary and requisite sacrifice, by the Chamberlain of the Imperial Household to have a care for the proper organisation and maintenance of the Imperial Chambers and the Seraglio of the Inner Sanctum of the Imperial Court.
So sealed, and signed by my hand at the Palace of the Whales in Walstadt, on this Arisday the 23rd of Vanchauslurk, in the six-thousandth three-hundred and twelth year ab sectora condita, corresponding to Amnure the 14th of Laemill, in the year Sixteen Forty-Two Anno Norton, in the Hour of the Jaded Stoat.