Imperial Decree 858
Daniyal Sikander Dravot, Steward of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, renders one thousand salaams in the name of:
NOOR AS-SALAAM, by the Kharenah of Zurvan, Qaisar Baanooye Sathratiye, who, by this Imperial Decree, gives unto her subjects and retainers, greetings, and unto the gods of Shireroth, undying and unthinking obsequience.
Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place dedicated to Zurvan this Decree which by his Kharenah is confirmed for Us and our heirs forever.
IMPERIAL DECREE 858:International Borders & National Security
I. International Borders
- International borders are the exclusive prerogative of the Imperial Government.
- The provision of security for the international borders of the Imperial Republic shall be the responsibility of the Imperial Constabulary, coordinated by the Field and Liaison Office of each jurisdiction abutting the international borders of the Imperial Republic.
- The Imperial Constabulary will, in conformity with the law, coordinate with the local law enforcement agencies of Imperial States wherever appropriate.
- The Imperial Constabulary may call upon the assistance of the Coastal Command of the Imperial Navy of Shireroth for policing the maritime borders and exclusive economic zone of the Imperial Republic as defined by the MTO's Convention on the Laws of the Seas.
- The Militia of the Imperial Dominions are locally organised defence forces, raised in order to protect and defend their respective Imperial Dominions and its people against external threats, serious internal threats, and in dealing with exceptional situations, and shall remain at the disposal of the Governors of the aforesaid Imperial Dominions.
- All Imperial Dominions must make adequate provisions to raise and equip a properly organised Militia. All Citizens and Subjects above the age of twenty years shall be required to participate in the defence and protection of the Imperial Dominion in which they are resident.
- A Militia may not exceed a nominal strength in peacetime of 6,000 active personnel and 25,000 part-time reservists. Capital ships, strategic weapons systems and weapons of mass destruction may not be retained by the Militia but must be surrendered to the Imperial Government. Requests for a derogation from this provision may be addressed to the Kaiser. #In the event of the Imperial Government giving notice of a formally declared state of War or Insurrection, all Citizens and Subjects above the age of twenty years not yet mobilised into the Imperial Forces may be called up for the Militia.
- In peacetime the Militia of the Imperial Dominions shall serve as a gendarmerie attached to the Imperial Constabulary, under the command of the Governor of the jurisdiction in which they were raised.
- In times of war and insurrection the Militia of the Imperial Dominions shall serve as a gendarmerie attached to the Corps of Auxiliaries of the Shirerithian Supplies Service, under the command of the Governor of the jurisdiction in which they were raised.
- The Militia of the Imperial Dominions may only be deployed outside the territorial jurisdictions in which they were raised in the event of formally declared War or Insurrection and in that event only for 30 ASC units of time or a full year Anno Nortone, whichever is the shorter.
- The Militia of the Imperial Dominions may be organised in accordance with the desires of the Governor of the jurisdiction in which they were raised. The Governor, as commander of the militia, is accorded the title of Colonel-in-Chief and assigned Legatine rank in the Imperial Constabulary and the Shirerithian Supplies Service.
III. Civil Defence
- Each Imperial Dominion shall establish and maintain a Civil Protection Office for the purpose of maintaining a level of preparedness in regards to civil defence and natural disasters.
- The Civil Protection Offices shall build and maintain, via local agencies, emergency installations to store, secure, and distribute arms, provisions, and equipment necessary for Civil Protection and Militia Reserve to use in response to an event.
- The Civil Protection Offices shall have responsibility for building, in each urban settlement, flaktowers and military ziggurats that have sufficient facilities available to shelter the local population from bombardment, hazardous materials exposure, and natural disaster. These facilities may have other regular uses so long as they can be quickly converted during an emergency.
- The Civil Protection Offices shall operate a public broadcasting system, called the Emergency Warning System (EWS), for the purpose of transmitting warning messages to the population of the Imperial Dominions.
- Citizens and Subjects over the age of Twenty who have completed their militia training but not been called up to the Militia or retained in the reserves, must be registered with the Civil Protection Office for their jurisdiction.
IN WITNESS OF THE SUBLIME MAGNIFICENCE OF OUR LADY THE RADIANT SUN WHEREOF We have caused the Seal of the Steward to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand. Given at the Keep this Nineteenth day of Filandinu in the year after the death of Norton one thousand six hundred and forty-six.
Imperial Decree 858
1. The international borders of the Imperial Republic are under the control of the Imperial Government.
2. Imperial Dominions must raise militias to uphold the law and provide territorial defence.
3. Imperial Dominions must build "event-proof" flaktowers and ziggurats for "civil defence".