The first release!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

SaiKar LumEth

Re: The first release!

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

Stars! That puts my Solarian language to shame!I really should get to work on that... Sai'Kar Lum'EthLast remaining Micron princess"I do agree that things are going to the PRH in a handbasket, and I intend to enjoy the trip." - Scott Siskind"I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

Gryphon Avocatio

The first release!

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I did it! I actually did it! I compiled the Yardistani Dictionary at last! His Anarch's Royal Dictionary of the Yardistani Language has been uploaded to the internet...Ok, It's only about 160 words right now...but it's a start...sadly, I don't have a section on grammar that is up to date...but when that comes, I'll let the world know....You can see the dictionary at:http://www.geocities.com/animang.../index.htmDonku... -With love, Gryphon Avocatio, who has lost his awesome HTML Sig to the ezBoard Pigs

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

I haven't bothered to count, but i'd say my crandish dictionary has a couple thousand words. I'm not sure how to upload it tho... Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlV'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!Rahpar tu ium miy nash pabiediy.Novie miir fali nomnashy dehidiy.

Kaiser Letifer I

Post by Kaiser Letifer I »

Meh.... Yardistani all the way baby! Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

ug!ug oog mug!!! lata somac de mooage!!!*grunt* ACH!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser Letifer I

Are you ok? Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*grunt* ACH!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser Letifer I

Same question stilll..... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Gryphon Avocatio

The funny thing about crandish is that it is not a language...It's more like a form of pig latin... -With love, Gryphon Avocatio, who has lost his awesome HTML Sig to the ezBoard Pigs

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

Huh? What are you talking about?Chvatt zint ueviz umere spreckeng? Krantisk ist jeneeche anters tann Engliske eitate Far-Latin. Tenn ueviz tanke fomme vurtere licke "hammur" unte "hlegion" macken Krantiske einze laange nicht, tann ueviz ist vrang. Bittano noho ueviz tad knaave tuch.A further paragraph:Inno teho huzo teer ist einze hunte. Ech havv einze ballohesess hunto. Ech tehe ballohe werfe teho hunto, unt es ist esne ballohe jeehe. Te hunt katzere seeve. Tie katzer zint fonne tehe hunte reneng.Some further examples of verb conjugation and usage: Ech fonne üvune jeltip. Ech konnte haff üvune abbskustip. Ech havv liik tehe neile vrenkeng.Ech havv fonne jestrateihe gevartip.Ech bam hinere kommeng.Ech vell hinere komm.Üviz konnte miche tavv.Achteng soldetter!The morale of the story; think before you say something. Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlV'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!Rahpar tu ium miy nash pabiediy.Novie miir fali nomnashy dehidiy. Edited by: RobertBelci at: 11/18/02 7:13:13 pm

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

To further prove my point, here's the Q section of the dictionary (shortest) and part of the part of the s section.quarrel n. dagaQueen n. kvanquestion n. frag, v. fraganquick n. kvich, adj. kvich, daltquickly adv. kvichigSabbath n. sabbatsack n. balliesacrifice n. oopferrsadden v. ruvansaddle n. ssatulsail n. zeelsake n. sacksale n. ssallsalmon n. lachssalt n. ssaltsame adj. ssammsand n. ssant, zamatsap n. sappsatisfied adj. ssaatasssatisfy v. ssaatassanSaturday n. Samsteisaw n. zeisay v. sseian, zeivanscab n. rüfascare v. treianscatter v. strauanscoop n. skappscorch n. sungascrape v. skeerfscratch v. kerrhanscum n. skumscurvy adj. skurscythe n. zeevtsea n. zeivseal n. zelkseam n. ssumseat n. zattsecond adj. ssekontsecret n. ruunsection n. skeisee v. seevanseed n. ssattieseek v. zokanseem v. zomanseep v. zippseize v. chandan, fahanseldom adv. sseltself pron. zelbsell v. ssalansend v. ssantanseparate v. skeitanservant n. teenset v. zettanseven adj. zebunsew v. ziivanshame n. unera, uneran Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlV'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!Rahpar tu ium miy nash pabiediy.Novie miir fali nomnashy dehidiy. Edited by: RobertBelci at: 11/15/02 6:58:23 pm

Kaiser Letifer I

I don't know latin.. so I couldn't say... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

Pig Latin has no basis in Latin. Its all based on English, just move the first letter to the end of the way and put ay after it.Osay ikelay isthay (So like this). Crandish was painstakingly developed (and still is being) from a number of sources. The original vocab comes from a Proto-Germanic Dictionary, after that I've been adding words (always with alterations) from Old High German, Gothic, Old English, and German. Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlBara, ny bara!(Time, time in deed)V'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!(In October, In October)

Kaiser Letifer I

I know what Pig-Latin is... Just said I didn't know any latin... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

Quote:Osay ikelay isthay (So like this).Maybe it is the lack of sleep talking, but should it not be Osay ikelay histay? Sai'Kar Lum'EthLast remaining Micron princess"I do agree that things are going to the PRH in a handbasket, and I intend to enjoy the trip." - Scott Siskind"I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

I moved the th sound rather then the letter. Maybe you're right :p Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlBara, ny bara!(Time, time in deed)V'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!(In October, In October)

Kaiser Letifer I

Depends on if it works by letter.. or by sound... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Gryphon Avocatio

Pig Latin:English::Crandish:German ... That's my analogy...now I can pass an SAT... -With love, Gryphon Avocatio, who has lost his awesome HTML Sig to the ezBoard Pigs

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

Yeah, whatever Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlBara, ny bara!(Time, time in deed)V'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!(In October, In October)

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

Question about the language: does it use a grammer system identical to english, with the only real difference between the two being the words themselves, or do you have your own grammer system that you are hiding? Sai'Kar Lum'EthLast remaining Micron princess"I do agree that things are going to the PRH in a handbasket, and I intend to enjoy the trip." - Scott Siskind"I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

If you are refering to Crandish, yes there is a grammer system. With the exceptions of to be and to have (and auxileries like will, can, should) verbs follow the direct object. The nouns are declined, adding -e when direct objects, -o when indirect objects, and -sess for posessives. Thus you can really play around with the word order. Sic Semper TyrannisCrandish Website:http:/www.geocities.com/jonathanseelye/index.htmlBara, ny bara!(Time, time in deed)V'akjabreh! V'akjabreh!(In October, In October)

Gryphon Avocatio

If refering to Yardistani, aye, it does...but I've been too lazy to write it out my latest (and best) grammer rules...It has the same basic structure as english...there are no articles...adjectives always follow the noun they describe, with the exception of possessive nouns...verbs conjugate very easily...every subject uses the same conjugation for a tense...positive and negative are conjugated in as well...maybe I'll take a shower and write it up...and then tonight...yes.. -With love, Gryphon Avocatio, who has lost his awesome HTML Sig to the ezBoard Pigs

Kaiser Letifer I

Have you made the grammer page yet? Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Not sure on the rules of grammer, but:Quote:Dahejj nja desa! Dahejj nja desa calix!!!My little contribution. Solomirathius of DelvenusThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Shireroth)A Proud Citzen of Menelmacar

Kaiser Letifer I

Meaning? Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Damn you all! Damn you all YELLOW!!! Solomirathius of DelvenusThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Shireroth)A Proud Citzen of Menelmacar

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

but im graynot yellow ACH!!!!!!!!!!!

RobertBelci

Post by RobertBelci »

That's only a minor problem, i'm sure we can smooth over it :p

Kaiser Letifer I

Re: Re: The first release!

Perhaps with some paint..... Or a big ass Amp-guard(sp? I couldn't relly pick out the real pronounciation) Weapon.. Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Re: Re: The first release!

Post by ErosDarkstar »

'Amtgard' is the spelling you are looking for.http://www.amtgard.com Solomirathius of DelvenusThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Shireroth)A Proud Citzen of Menelmacar

Return to “General Discussion”