You know, you... er... DL of Fax...

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Ari Rahikkala

You know, you... er... DL of Fax...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

That "Aivan" means "true" or "that's right" in Finnish?(I've already forgotten your first name...) "dont forget that Linux became only possible because 20 years of OS research was carefully studied, analyzed, discussed and thrown away." -- Ingo Molnar

Ari Rahikkala

Re: You know, you... er... DL of Fax...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

And now that I've created a completely useless thread I can make it even more completely useless: What age is Shireroth in, again? What level of technology do we possess at the moment? "dont forget that Linux became only possible because 20 years of OS research was carefully studied, analyzed, discussed and thrown away." -- Ingo Molnar

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I think the technology of Jasonia, basically; near future. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetQuillan Fatebane, 43rd Paladin of Lanys T'Vyl"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach Siskind"ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics..." - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief"Bill, I am going to tell you very nicely to shut up fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord" - Scott Siskind, after insisting that he did not say fnordI am a Jason Steffke Zealot!Yes, I know this is a hopeless protest...

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

Shireroth is Neomagic Age? Bleh. There goes our unapproachable supremacy. By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type ElfReally just Nick Zeniuk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen!Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea!Stronger than the foundations of the earth!All shall love me and despair!"- Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien"Y'know, for an elf, you're surprisingly evil. Galadriel would not be pleased." -Scott Siskind, to Sirithil

Kaiser Letifer I

Post by Kaiser Letifer I »

We are are proly more futuristic by now... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

wellll.......do we have any magic-tech? im sure SOME people here have acces to elfish magic, and we can make some l337\/\/4r3 with that right?

Xochitl Aivan

Post by Xochitl Aivan »

I was not aware that "Aivan" meant that. When I created this name, I was trying to think of something that sounded related to birds that was not too obvious. So I took Avian and moved the "I". The name is Xochitl Aivan. Zo-Chi Ai-Van.Archer Extraordinare and one of the fastest things out there.Oh yeah, Fax Nemesis is my boyfriend. So don't get any *ahem* Ideas.

Kaiser Letifer I

We have some Magic-Tech..... It you want to get us some more.... You can... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

ALLLRRIGGGHT!!!!*goes to get Magic-tech schwag*

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Xo pode aprendajj Fînniato? Je ne kuriosix...Ye, univix, Je nese aprendajj Portûgato yo Fransto...Ya..nejr divertix hajj ljo, ye teni Tempr hr par aprendajj Idiomr otrix...   Gryphon Avocatio Anarch of All of Yardistan / High Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Wandering Bard of Istvanistan Save the Kiwi! E. Metzler: Don't Question the system, just eat the bagel!

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

*frowns* Rel, kakacema rel. Tzara ne urasam des Human garla.*everyone stares. Sai'Kar laughs, realizing her translater is not running* You male, repeat! you male. Oneself female negative knowlege of of specific Human language.*everyone continues to stare. Sai'Kar looks annoyed. She smacks the translater* You, repeat yourself. I have no knowledge of that Human language.Mmm... that is better. Sorry, there are bugs in this silly thing yet. Sai'Kar Lum'EthLast remaining Micron princess"I do agree that things are going to the PRH in a handbasket, and I intend to enjoy the trip." - Scott Siskind

Kaiser Letifer I

It's Yardistani.... I knew a few words... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Sirithil

Post by Sirithil »

*Sirithil watches bemusedly as Jackabar walks into a random computer store in Caras Menelmacar and starts taking things off the shelves*Er, excuse me. I believe when he said 'Go get us some more magic-tech', he meant from sources OTHER THAN SHIRITHIAN ALLIES! Now, be a dear and put all that stuff back... and go raid, um.... hmmm.... Babkha or something. They attacked Treesia a while back. I'm sure they've got something of interest. By my hand,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HIH Sirithil nos FëanorElentari of MenelmacarHigh Queen of the ElvesElder Arcanus, Hundland Mage GuildHiril of Hundland, TreesiaMenelmacari Prefect of the Economy and WarfareThane of Elwynn and Novi Dalmacija, ShirerothWoyzero Dejazmatch of Desta, AtteraAtteran Foreign Affairs-type ElfGovernor of Electrovenus, DelvenusReally just Nick Zeniuk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"In place of a dark lord you would have a queen!Beautiful as the dawn, treacherous as the sea!Stronger than the foundations of the earth!All shall love me and despair!"- Galadriel, LOTR, Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien"Y'know, for an elf, you're surprisingly evil. Galadriel would not be pleased." -Scott Siskind, to Sirithil

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Siri! No taunting Stone! Just be nice to him and help him out :) Make him leave Babkha alone *shuddershudder* Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Solomirathias of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Jasonia was never Neomagic Age, actually. The age before that, before magic became common, more like modern day times, but still having an advanced military force with Epochs, Dios, and such. Genetic Age would be the Earthling equivilant. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetQuillan Fatebane, 43rd Paladin of Lanys T'Vyl"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach Siskind"ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics..." - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief"Bill, I am going to tell you very nicely to shut up fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord" - Scott Siskind, after insisting that he did not say fnordI am a Jason Steffke Zealot!Yes, I know this is a hopeless protest...

Kaiser Letifer I

hhmmmm... Technomaezji did Genetic.... But.. Shireroth never really got into Genetic manipulation..... *Ponders*... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Hmm... let's not go there, shall we? Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Solomirathias of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Kaiser Letifer I

Why not? Genetics are cool! Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Xochitl Aivan

Post by Xochitl Aivan »

But tinkering with people's genetics never leads to good things ((thinks of "Brave New World")). The name is Xochitl Aivan. Zo-Chi Ai-Van.Archer Extraordinare and one of the fastest things out there.Oh yeah, Fax Nemesis is my boyfriend. So don't get any *ahem* Ideas.

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

*Shudder*"And here is where babies are decanted."*Shudder shudder shudder.* Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Solomirathias of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

kaiseress Isa

Post by kaiseress Isa »

I'm think BioImplants.. Like in SC.. the Ocular implats that Ghosts got. Stuff like that.. for the military... We could implant radios in people's heads so they could talk by simply thinking the message to someone... (And this is Erik Again...)

Fax Nemesis

Post by Fax Nemesis »

I think I could live with that, and I think the Einhander could deal with a neural implant...hehehe Pilot of the Prototype Einhänder Mk I

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Maybe that could work... but bio-implants can be bad too...Neural interface jacks can be done mostly with straight machinery, tho, Fax... the problem is that any fool hacker with a decent set of tools can access what's in your head, or fry your brain...Imagine the military applications, if, say, the Kaiser were to have one of those... Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Solomirathias of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Heh... that's my lifelong ambition - to invent a neural synthesizer. Imagine the applications... thinking you're eating chocolate ice cream when you're eating saurkraut... mmm... but then - just add a radio, and primitive mind control... hehehe... and everybody would want one, so it would be so much easier... but don't tell anyone I said this... Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

Fax Nemesis

Post by Fax Nemesis »

um, it's kinda posted to the world right now. Pilot of the Prototype Einhänder Mk I

Kaiser Letifer I

You only think that.. for this is a dream.. He never really said that. Big Brother isn't watching you... Now when you wake up you will not recall this dream and you will gives Erik 50$ because he's just so damn sexy like that.... Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Fax Nemesis

Post by Fax Nemesis »

I won't give erik $50....I'll give him something else... ;)Or not. It is probably the efficiency of these types of nations that cause them to be so short lived. They get things done really quick, leaving nothing left but maintenance after the first 2-3 months. Look at any nation really. They have lots of things to do. They spend the first 2-3 months doing those things, then another month maybe on random shit that goes with it. Most things are resulting from the creation/merger of the nation. Then, people get bored. All that is left is to maintain the nation. Some solve this by going OT, some by making work for themselves, some keep trying to expand. Most die, or merge and thus start over. It's not a matter of being short lived and immature, or long lived and mature. It's short lived and burned out, like a star. White Dwarf or whatever. They live really short because they burn out fast, while a red giant lasts ages. It burns slowly, and thus is the long lived nation perhaps.Both are just fine as nations, they have different style, different goals, but they are both just fine.==Erik Metzler

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

He's not that sexy. Eros DarkstarThane of Jaris and the Kitanus Fields (Imperial Republic of Shireroth)Solomirathias of the Republic of Delvenus"There was never a saint with red hair." - Russian Proverb

Kaiser Letifer I

*Is frieghtened* Kaiser Letifer Alcadian H'Graa I of ShirerothI feel the blood flow through my veinsThe life force shines on me again Let the ritual begin- you will pay for your sins

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

If we're gonna be givesing some sexy DT 50$, then we better be gettings something good in return.*Licks lips* Heil Loki!!!Heil H'Graa!!!

Return to “General Discussion”