Hello, peoples!!

Master R Davis

Hello, peoples!!

Post by Master R Davis »

I am sure most of you have read the proposed Referendum with regards to my involvement in your Judiciary. I think that His Grace did a great job of letting you all know what I could bring to Elwynn. I wanted to open up the chance for anyone to ask me questions, should you have any - prior to voting. It's my sincere wish that, should I take this position, that I do so with the approval of the people here.I actually have ONE thing to add to what His Grace said in his post...I'd like to add - for the record - that I am a nice guy. WEBSITE

Osman Shahanshah

Re: Hello, peoples!!

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Hello Mr Davis. I have a question for you. Can you, for the benefit of doubtful citizens here, give a summary of your legal accomplishments in the micronational sphere - you may also make reference to macronational achievements if you wish but you can skip those if you don't want to make your reply over long .

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

Everytime I do something like this, I feel like some sort of arrogant braggart. So thanks for asking I'd like to mention first that it seems a couple of you have misred the Referendum. Since Ozarka means to vote against my appointment, and Ardashir means to vote in favor, your votes should be changed; as the Referendum asks if you are OPPOSED to my appointment...saying YES you are opposed would be negative, and NO you are not opposed would be positive. Just wanted to point that out, so you all dont inadvertently vote wrong.Micronationally, I created Gotzborg's Judicial System. There was nothing when I first got there in August of 2004. You can see the work I did here.Every single word on that page was authored by me. I would easily challenge anyone in the Micronational Sector to produce a System and Code of Law anywhere near that concise. In addition to that, I assisted several nations in re-writing their constitutions; Hanover, Novaya Zemlya, Germania, Natopia, and Babkha. I've also been Legal Advisor to a great host of various Heads of State - assisting them with issues ranging from treaty interpretation to citizen's rights. A short list of the nations Advised: Hanover, Gotzborg, Treisenberg, Antica, Attera, Natopia, and Babkha. There are more, but we want to keep this to a length that might actually get it read.Macronationally, I've obtained the highest degree attainable for Law Scholars, a Doctor of the Science of Law (JSD). Just to be comparative here; not all Law Schools offer this degree and the one's that do usually limit themselves to 1-3 candidates per year. My areas of expertise are International Law, Dispute Resolution, and Human Rights. I have more than 15 years of university, and continuing legal education under my belt. I've served as Assistant District Attorney in Houston, Texas; Associate Professor of Law at a small University; and am currently a member of the Amnesty International Legal Team, where I am working in a field I am most passionate about: Human Rights.It's a curious thing that Ozarka says he doesn't know me well enough, when he approached me some months ago for assistance with a nation he was running. I am trying to remember the name...Storjord or something like that. In any case, if there's someone here in Elwynn who can handle this job, then I say let that person tackle the position! Better to have a citizen in that role, right? Anyway - I will follow the will of the people here. Ric could have simply appointed me with a Decree, but I insisted on this because I dont want to be someplace I am not welcome. I promise not to allow my feelings to be hurt it y'all dont want me. Edit: Spelled "Ozarka" wrong WEBSITEEdited by: Master R Davis  at: 11/5/05 4:43

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Wow, why are you playing around in Micronations with those credentials?(Sorry, I'm not from Elwynn, but your credentials caught my eye.) *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

Without getting too heavily into it, I was diagnosed with bone cancer in February of 2002. Since then I've had to stop working full-time, and have had numerous operations. I'm not able to do a whole lot, but sitting here at the computer for a couple of hours a day has been (so far) do-able. WEBSITE

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Sounds like a good thing to keep you busy then. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

It certainly has been. A majority of my interactions with folks in this Sector have been great - with only a scarce few exceptions. WEBSITE

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

...perhaps you should talk to the Kaiser. The position of "Imperial Provost", head of the Imperial Judex, is very vacant at the moment, and will probably be becoming a rather important job shortly. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I thought that position was disbanded, so inactive it was!

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

As interesting as that sounds (and it truly does sound interesting...not just saying that), I would probably have to become a citizen of Shireroth in order to accept that position. I am unable to gain citizenship in any one nation as that sort of connection could ruin UAI's impartiality and neutrality. WEBSITE

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

That's an idea I hadn't thought of. Perhaps you should talk to the Kaiser anyway: arbitrating land claims may be better performed by one who is truly impartial. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

It is I If you feel an icy chill...the Conglacio is amongst you

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Sorry Dave, you're not.

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

I'll be sure to chat with him. Thanks Edit: I actually didnt recall who the Kaiser was for a moment... WEBSITEEdited by: Master R Davis  at: 11/6/05 17:15

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:I would probably have to become a citizen of Shireroth in order to accept that position.What citizenships do you currently have? Personally, I really think you should join - your knowledge of law is, IMO, just what we need in Shireroth. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

A little break of the competences of the Imperial government and the Ducal one:IMPERIAL LAWAdmission of new DuchiesDemotion of DuchiesSecession from ShirerothTreasonDethronement of the DukeMarriagesDivorcesCitizenship, immigration and emigrationSovereigntyImpersonation of the KaiserAdministration of the forumsArchivesTrade and economyForeign affairs (but Duchy is still allowed to conduct “insignificant” foreign affairs)Justice (for federal laws ONLY)Treatment of Hens, Chickens and RostersMoose and Elk HuntingTobacco smoking (only applicable in conventions)National HolidaysAwardsMilitaryFictional History as Canon“Holy lands”DUCAL LAWCivil law, other than Imperial competencesCriminal law, other than Imperial competencesEstablishment of new countiesThe Elwynnese MilitiaEquality of Persons in Elwynn (Ash and Elm provision)Ducal duty to secure rights and freedomsThe BridaCapital of ElwynnThe consecration of citiesThe monument in EliriaEducationScienceArtsAdministrationTaxingErection of cities and the renaming thereofTechnology

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

Quote:What citizenships do you currently have?I hold NO official citizenships anywhere. Some nations have made me an "Honourary Citizen" - but that is merely a nice way of saying "yeah, you're cool...come back and visit". If I were to actually be a citizen of a nation, I would be unable to claim the neutrality needed to properly Mediate when asked. It would also be a violation of the Agreement I have with 8 different micronations. WEBSITE

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Don't worry - It happens to me all the time... My postcount goes up, goes down, goes up and down.

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

Maybe someone can help me. I dont really mind what my post count is, but the danged thing's been pretty erratic. In this thread, my count stayed at "1" for three posts, then went in order 2-4...and then back down to "2"...was it something I said?? I've spoken with the Kaiser, and he's informed me that only a full citizen could be a candidate for the Provost position. But I did ask. WEBSITEEdited by: Master R Davis  at: 11/7/05 11:47

Master R Davis

Post by Master R Davis »

Well...I suppose once you're over 1000 posts, going up or down a few doesnt matter. It's devastating to someone with a post count of "4". WEBSITE

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

You poor little thing

Return to “Elwynn”