Gotzborg Reports

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

osmose1000

Gotzborg Reports

Post by osmose1000 »

I'll post here when stuff happens....nothing has happened. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

osmose1000

Re: Gotzborg Reports

Post by osmose1000 »

Dom Jorge D'Almeida Guerreiro Quinta-Nova has revived his attempts from last month to establish a link between our sector and the Spanish-speaking sector. I believe it would be in the best interests of Shireroth to find someone who is fluent in English and Spanish to act as a diplomat to at least Portuga & Algarves.Other links of interest are The Kingdom of the Algarves, the province of Dom Jorge, and the very nifty map of his home city. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...Edited by: osmose1000  at: 10/4/05 11:32

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I know Spanish... I'm not fluent, but I regularly write emails and chat in it so if there's nobody better, I guess I could help.Edit: Saw it's not Spanish, but Portuguese, so... never mind Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal stiEdited by: RicLyon at: 10/4/05 12:03

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Bakaness spoke Portugese, even offered to teach a class in it, which I recall was well-received because of the well-known Portugese zest for micronationalism (possibly as an escape from their own country's day-to-day life, much like Germans).Very well done, CorpOff Moose, well done indeed.I will make inquiries about establishing some kind of link, even if I have to brave using BabelFish on everything. It can be done!!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Portugeese, Spanish, they're all not English. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Spoken like a true American.Although Dom Jorge seems to parler anglais pretty efficiently, so perhaps he shall be the link.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Having a CorpOff to their sector would be an interesting experience, though. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

If anyone cares, Gotzborg has signed a treat of mutual recognition and friendship with the Virtual Commonwealth of Cyberia. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Well yes, I care. That's the point of this whole DiploCorp thing, after all..

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

My isolationist gland stuck that in there. Perhaps I'll have to have it removed... The first draft of the new treaty between us and Gotzborg has been made. First I'm going to let them unofficially approve it, then us, then both sides will pass it through their legislature. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...Edited by: osmose1000  at: 10/9/05 17:20

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Quote:ARTICLE 4The signatory Nations shall recognise any titles and other honors granted by their respective Leaders to their citizens and to other persons, and vice versa.What could the consequences of this be? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Let's say if we made any law imparting special privileges to a specific micronational knightly order, and that order existed in Gotzborg as well, we would have to recognise any visitors with membership in the order as deserving of the privileges.Although it's really more a matter of politesse than of law-making or policy. It's nice to be known as HIH even when abroad, is it not?

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Both Princess Julia and the King of Gotzborg have unofficially agreed to this form of the treaty:Quote:Gotzborg-Shireroth Treaty of Recognition and FriendshipARTICLE 1There shall be a Perpetual State of mutual recognition and friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Royal Kingdom of Gotzborg. The two aforementioned nations shall be commited to a peaceful resolution of any and all issues that may occur to estrange and otherwise alienate them one from the other.ARTICLE 2Both Nations shall refrain from any aggressive, belligerent, or hostile act or policy, either overtly or covertly, directed against the other.ARTICLE 3The signatory parties shall respect the diplomatic envoys of each other, their diplomatic correspondence and their offices, as well as all other government structures of each other.ARTICLE 4The signatory Nations shall recognise any titles and other honors granted by their respective Leaders to their citizens and to other persons, and vice versa.ARTICLE 5This Treaty may only be amended, revised, enlarged and expanded upon the concurrence of both signatory Nations. Any contrary action or measure shall be null and void.ARTICLE 6This Treaty shall enter into force upon ratification by both signatory Nations' governments.The article about leaving was removed because they see no need for adding in something that could be done by decree anyway. I'd like to hear any comments or suggestions anyone has before we put this through the official channels. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...Edited by: osmose1000  at: 10/13/05 23:51

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I am going to submit the above treaty to the Landsraad for ratification, as no one has spoken of any changes. I'd also like the MiniEx to confirm his acceptance of the treaty, but I'ma Landsraad it just to save time.Additionally, I believe our MoMA should research the Gotzborg naval yards, as they are already a supplier to Babkha and the GC, among other nations. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

I approve the above treaty, and apologise for the delay in doing so. I blame planning taking place outside of Shireroth regarding Shirerithian affairs (more coming soon!) and suchlike. At least the Diplomatic Corps make me feel slightly less guilty about other people doing the majority of the work within my Ministry...

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Eh, makes me feel useful. Too bad the other CorpOffs are MIA. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

A few things to note:The Minutes of the Council Meeting have been posted publicly. Of particular interest to us is the report that our treaty is now under consideration, although I have already recieved confirmation from Princess Julia that it is indeed passed.Rob Davis Returns, and although I have not heard of him before, it seems that others have, and he seems a nice fellow.Avaricum undergoes a revolution. Anyone know anything about them?Gotzborg signs a treaty with Lovely. Speaking of treaties, they have yet to formally sign ours, but the outlook is good.Other than that, things are normal over there. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

Severely outdated article on Robert for your reading pleasure:http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/in...bert_DavisAdd to that a year of great accomplishments and too many surgeries than any person deserves, as well as more participation in other micronations than Gotzborg, and the article would be a bit better. Guess we'll have to wait for his memoirs.

Princess Julia of Gotzbor

Post by Princess Julia of Gotzbor »

Hello! Time to venture out of my office. Hope everyone here is doing well. I can't remember if I've posted here before or not, but I'm the Foreign Minister in Gotzborg and I figure it's time to try to get out and about a little more. Everyone in Gotzborg was sorry to see osmose go. Will someone else be replacing him? Otherwise, I'll try to get over here a bit more often. By the way, in regards to the Lovely Treaty. I had confirmation it was ready to be signed, so I started the process in Gotzborg. Just recently, I realized that I hadn't actually received a signed copy. I'm trying to follow up, but...so far no luck. Did your Treaty ever get signed? Princess JuliaMinister of State, Foreign Office(Gotzborg - http://www.gotzborg.com)

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Yes, it has been signed. Two drafts passed through our Landsraad, but the Kaiser vetoed the first and decreed the second into existence. You might want to check the Kaiser's Court for a decree. Both versions of the treaty may be found in the Landsraad Archives (at the bottom of the forum). *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”