[Application] Dr-spangle

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderator: Edgard

dr-spangle

[Application] Dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Legal name:
Dr-spangle? That seems a common name to refer to me as :D

I hate things that ask age :( incorrect data in a yer or less. my DoB is 21/03/1992, this would make me 17 as I fill in this form, as long as I don't take over half a year to finish it, but I don't think I will...

dr-spangle@dr-spangle.com I keep my email address simple and easy to remember :D

Citizenship:
I have no other citizenships because everywhere dies :(

--

Background information:
Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?
I am telling you a bit about myself right now? what do you mean why arent' I?

Where are you from?
Currently in Thrapston, Northants, UK, Born in kettering, northants, UK, ancestors are from UK for the past couple hundred years, eventually my ancestors go back to africa like every other human on this planet, before that I suppose I am from the primordial soup like most life on this planet,, and before life I suppose I, like all of us, was star dust as Arthur C Clarke would say :D

What's your timezone?
In winter it is GMT [Greenwich Mean time]* (which is the best one as everyone knows) in summer it's BST [British Summer time]
*And GMT != UST [Universal Standard time], GMT follows the sun, UST follows atomic clocks, so they vary by a few seconds due to the earth being pretty bad at staying in a regular orbit like a good hypothetical planet would.

How did you find us?
That was many years ago, In late 2005 or in early 2006.. hmm... I will look at my notes! The first mention of Shireroth (Spelt "Sheroth" when I wrote that thing in 2005-2006 as I was a pillock who couldn't spell.) Appears to be during the bombing of Kahbah, where sep banned us all from CIS forums. however I imagine I first encountered you when we made our first application to the MCS, as new-empire (my old nation) originally claimed on western benacia, here is our first map. That was the 16th of December and we had applied and failed to MCS twice previously, so I must have noticed you or someone from Shireroth on MNN (this was back when MCS was on MNN).

Why do you want to join us?
Well I'm not sure really, I suppose it's because you're nice people in a hobby I enjoy and subsequently waste most my time on :D

Answer any of these questions and you get a free gift! :)

Preferred duchy of residence:
If you're accepted to Shireroth, where would you like to live? If you don't put anything here, we'll find a home for you together. You won't be homeless here!
I'm not sure, any suggestions?

Other:
Anything else you'd like to say?

ever? most probably... on this form? I don't know... errmmmm... I can't think of anything at the moment which might mean I don't but might mean I've forgotten something...
Oh, I was a citizen of Shireroth before but left Around the time Corey became Kaiser, I don't remember the date of that event...

Erik Mortis

Re: [Application] Dr-spangle

Post by Erik Mortis »

Come to Brookshire. We have war and rebellion brewing...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Welcome (back)! As minister, I formally approve this immigration / application. :thumbsup
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yardistan Needs You!

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Is there some sort of tree style list with brief descriptions of each of the duchies etc?

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Perhaps you should check the Wiki.

http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/Main_Page
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

but that's big descriptions, on many pages :( :P

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Brookshire: Traditional, standard Shirerithian.

Kildare: More into magic and stuff like that.

Elwynn: Into stories and roleplaying to some degree.

Straylight: Into technology kinda and pretty inactive atm.

Yardistan: Traditionally into rebelling and annexing stuff. Pretty lame atm tho.

I would suggest Straylight since they need citizens.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Pick Elwynn - the alternative is a grotesque act of violence. :evil

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Straylight seems like it might be best for me, I was never good at creative writing and handwriting never helped with that (A page of my handwriting in my french book from year 9, before I was allowed to use a computer at school) and even after using a computer I'm just not good at creative writing, the best I have done is written a skeleton for a story about the destruction of Base ID 21, I have asked jeremy to flesh it out and write it into an actual story format for me, but he has announced he's leaving so that might be unlikely... So that sort of rules out Elwynn

I have never been too fond of magic, and quite often take offence when people quote arthur c clarke's "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" as most the time magic involves things that outright break physics and are hence impossible and will continue to be so until and after this universe dies of heat death. That would seemingly rule out Kildare

The annexing annoyed me when it stretched to MCS and hence that might rule out Yardistan...

I think I shall have to head off to Straylight, however what I do once I am there I don't know :P

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

(Sigh)

Good for Ari.....

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

dr-spangle wrote:I'm just not good at creative writing
Oh come on :( never stopped me. :thumbsup
Leo Fenrir

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hi, also, holy shit, also, welcome, also, I gtfo
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Jonas wrote:
You wrote pool wrong... it's piscine. :angel
I hated french with a vengance and that was over 3 years ago :D

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

One of the reasons I loved French class was that for the last two years in it, I was the only guy in it, and the lady instructors were also "easy on the eyes."

Vive!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Our french teacher was a bitch.

stupid french people.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Our French teacher was a Russian lady. :) But I know the feling. I used to be almost a math-whiz, and then there was this Royal Prick Sunavabeetch instructor, hitting on all the girls. (Bas-turd! :angry )

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Well, Our russian teacher is a fat russian man (called deano by us and his brother, real name mr childs) and our russian examiner was a really old russian woman

so nothing there :P

I love maths :D but I didn't have a great teacher between years 5 and 8, but from 9 to 12 i've had great teachers

Science, I had a pretty good but bad teacher years 5 and 6, she was the sort to say "what did I just say?" when you looked like you weren't paying attention, I was the sort to quote her last two paragraphs word for word when she said that :P
years 7 and 8 I had a great teacher who taught us things like what not to do in a competition to fit as many people in a toilet cubicle, how to make the tallest spaghetti and marshmallow tower and also is where i found out about newscientist magazine
years 9 to 12 I've had great teachers, another teacher who did the "what did I just say?" thing but she learnt fast, a physics teacher who gave me non-official permission to make a nuclear breeder reactor in the school field (still need some components) and also let us do this: http://www.youtube.com/user/drspangle13 So he's awesome :D

Teachers always make a huge difference in how you like a subject, they can literally change your life. This is why I don't ever want to be a teacher, also because I have no clue how to communicate, especially to children.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Computers permitted at school, Russian teachers,... what's wrong with America? :no

:p

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

A lot of things are wrong with america, a high rate of creationism, a bad health service, failing energy departments et cetera

However I am in the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland :P precisely I am in the great britain part of that and the england part of that and northnats part of that and well you get the idea :P

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yeah, we didn't do competitions. :fish

Health? Well, I'm still alive.

Energy? Enough coal to run the planet for 10,000 years (cough, ach, cough, spit) :nuclear

Well, so much for health........

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

the coal is what i mean by failing :P

Käthbad jënRöijanin

Post by Käthbad jënRöijanin »

dr-spangle wrote:stupid french people.
HERE HERE!

i remember i had difficulty deciding between Elwynn and Straylight, but decided that i barely have enough time to do writing for Gralus

yeah...America does suck..."non-specific-being-of-power-and-mystery" help us all
"He who dies with the most toys, is nonetheless, still dead."

Return to “Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization”