Statement from Elwynn

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Daniel Farewell

Statement from Elwynn

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Your Majesty,

After considering recent developments in the Imperial Republic and the wider sector and taking into account the wishes of the Anceoman Ríqi Adurellion it is the contention of the Elwynnese Realm that it is only from a platform of independence and separation from the Imperial Republic can relations be defined in such a way as to provide for the appropriate honour to be given to our shared history whilst accounting for our now separate destinies.

The Elwynnese Realm shall therefore, with regret at the necessity but with fond memories of what went before, cease its formal association with the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. The Elwynnese shall always regard their Shirerithian brethren as a brother nation and as such will remain committed to peace, everlasting friendship and respect.

Sun bless, Earth keep,

Daniel.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Re: Statement from Elwynn

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

It makes me sad to see Elwynn act in this way. It was pretty clear from the start that you had no real wishes as reconciling, but we had to try. I still feel there are unexplored alternatives that have not been discussed, such as Special Protectorate status, etc.

Then let us talk Land. For you will not be leaving here with the entire of that land once known as Elwynn. A treaty between us will have to be worked out, if there is to be good-will and peace between us.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

We are willing to concede Cape Farewell as a starter. As well as Eliria as we know it to be of cultural significance. Cimmeria and Wintergleam remain under the Jurisdiction of Hyperborea, which is retained by Shireroth. Due to its proximity to Shirekeep Alalehzamin remains with Shireroth. We do not feel comfortable with our capital being so close to a border. As This county was under your control when you declared independence we are willing to grant Iserdia in compensation to allow your lands to be continuous. All territory not mentions is still claimed by the Imperial Government. As you left with very few people, 3 if I recall, we don't feel inclined to grant to many counties, despite any current citizens you may claim after the fact.

Further, since we are to be such close neighbors in the future, we should discuss matters of recognition, assistance and mutual interest. We would encourage Elwynn to Join the SCUE, and Shireroth will relinquish all funds currently held by your people.

I believe that agreements of mutual support in the MCS, and in military matters concerning defense would also be advisable.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

*Doesn't like this.*

Your Niftiness, you can't be serious about letting them go and become an Antican vassal state? That would bring the enemy very close to the heart lands of Shireroth. :surprise

EDIT: This isn't a serious comment. Please ignore.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I still await some reply from them. Till then we retain our claim on all lands.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:We are willing to concede Cape Farewell as a starter. As well as Eliria as we know it to be of cultural significance. Cimmeria and Wintergleam remain under the Jurisdiction of Hyperborea, which is retained by Shireroth. Due to its proximity to Shirekeep Alalehzamin remains with Shireroth. We do not feel comfortable with our capital being so close to a border. As This county was under your control when you declared independence we are willing to grant Iserdia in compensation to allow your lands to be continuous. All territory not mentions is still claimed by the Imperial Government. As you left with very few people, 3 if I recall, we don't feel inclined to grant to many counties, despite any current citizens you may claim after the fact.

Further, since we are to be such close neighbors in the future, we should discuss matters of recognition, assistance and mutual interest. We would encourage Elwynn to Join the SCUE, and Shireroth will relinquish all funds currently held by your people.

I believe that agreements of mutual support in the MCS, and in military matters concerning defence would also be advisable.
The Elwynnese Realm, at the outset, does not look favourably upon the above proposal, the manner in which was expressed contains therein the imputation of dependency and subservience. This - naturally - is contrary to our desires.

The Anceoman Ríqi Adurellion has considered your proposal and on its behalf I put the following to you list to you detailing cantons (counties) prioritised for their inclusion into the Elwynnese Realm, the consideration of which forms the core of our negotiating position:

Priority I: Alalehzamin (Ardashir), Cape Farewell (Daniel) Eliria & Utasia (Iain) & Cimmeria (Harald)
Priority II: Araxion, Illumination & Iserdia (Nathan's prior to resignation) (Territorial Integrity & Access to the Sea)
Priority III: Agnesia & Wintergleam (Defensible Frontiers & Improved Access to the Sea)
Priority IV: Bjorngard & Hyperborea (The Raikoth Legacy)

As you may discern - Priority I is an absolute prerequisite for an agreement. Priority II is deemed to be essential but there is scope for adjustment. Priority III is desirable for the unity and defence of the realm but not absolutely essential at the last resort & finally Priority IV, while it is not essential for inclusion would be a nice to have.

If you are not prepared to accept the Elwynnese possession of Priority I list as a bare minimum for recognition there will be no further negotiation. If however you are receptive to further negotiation with regards to the final territorial settlement the Elwynese Realm is prepared to expand the scope of the treaty beyond mutual recognition to include articles on mutual defence and cooperation such as you previously hinted at, albeit on the basis of absolute equality between the treaty partners.

Nithi Kirenion

Post by Nithi Kirenion »

It was always our plan to negotiate peacefully with the Lirikothlin, and indeed I and Prince Farewell had begun productive negotiations on this matter, but by unilaterally claiming the territories of Kai-Raikoth without our consent you have betrayed the spirit of those negotiations and forced our hand.

Raikoth, Bjorngard, and Cimmeria will not be leaving Shireroth until they choose of their own free will to do so. Your attribution of Cimmeria to Harald is incorrect; it was granted to Scott of Hyperborea under the Cimmeria and Bjorngard Resolution 3957, the last Imperial legislation that affected its status. Although occasionally Tala has given High King Harald some measure of control over the islands in an attempt to encourage Stormarker investment in the region, this project was a failure and Harald never contributed to any cultural or economic development there.

Cimmeria and its two chief cities of Uolrhaphen and Tielion Arumbe are currently occupied by Raikothin forces attempting to put down the rebellion of Otter Sundrawer. An Elw attack on those forces will doom any chance of future Raikothin-Elw cooperation.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Nithi Kirenion wrote:It was always our plan to negotiate peacefully with the Lirikothlin, and indeed I and Prince Farewell had begun productive negotiations on this matter, but by unilaterally claiming the territories of Kai-Raikoth without our consent you have betrayed the spirit of those negotiations and forced our hand.

Raikoth, Bjorngard, and Cimmeria will not be leaving Shireroth until they choose of their own free will to do so. Your attribution of Cimmeria to Harald is incorrect; it was granted to Scott of Hyperborea under the Cimmeria and Bjorngard Resolution 3957, the last Imperial legislation that affected its status.

The isles are currently occupied by Raikothin forces attempting to put down the rebellion of Otter Sundrawer. An Elw attack on those forces will doom any chance of future Raikothin-Elw cooperation.
I do not consider myself to have betrayed the spirit of those negotiations, the occurrence of which I was unaware. For the sake of Raikothin-Elw cooperation I suggest you encourage Daniel to bring me up to speed with developments in that area - rapidly.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Illumination belongs to Kildare! :angry

As Shirerithian nobleman I spit on these proposals.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Ometeotl I

As I stated and "Scott" stated: Cimmeria and Wintergleam remains under the Jurisdiction of Hyperborea, which has independently opted to remain with Shireroth. As such I don't see them as even viable components of these negotiations. For you to claim them would by hypocritical at best, considering your own stated beliefs in self determination.

As for Alalehzamin, I believe that can be negotiated, but not as the borders are currently drawn. Shirerithians require that we have some sort of buffer between our capital and a foreign power.

Illumination is also viewed as culturally tied to the Dutchy of Kildare, and the people of Shireroth have expressed great disapproval of the idea of that land being released to a foreign power.

Here is a border that grants half the land(roughly) that used to be Elwynn, and modifies the borders to grant places like Alalehzamin, but still reduce concerns from the people of Shireroth.

Elwynn retains it's core, access to the sea and river, and has plenty of space to redefine internal borders..etc, given its population.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Shireroth should have the Elwynn Dam. It's a unique symbol on the map and it should stay Shirerithian (I'm not referring to the county which bordersit, just the dam).

Perhaps it's time to make Apollo City our capital, Your Niftiness? Far away from that evil treat! :document

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I see now need for such a drastic action.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

OR YOU COULD REALIZE THAT BICKERING OVER PRETEND LAND IS SORT OF DUMB, AND THE REASON YOU AND ELWYNN HAD PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE IS A CULTURE BUILT ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

ALSO I'M NOT SURE WHERE YOU GET THE IDEA THAT PHRASES LIKE "given its population" ARE USEFUL, CONSIDERING YOU HAVE LIKE FIVE PEOPLE THAT ARE STILL ACTIVE CITIZENS.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

*Slightly rues Icebreaker tendency to be right at inappropriate moments*

The offer is not unreasonable given the circumstances. I'll report it back for consideration.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Very good.

ICEbreaker: Year.. sometimes I wonder if the MCS is a good thing overall.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:I see now need for such a drastic action.
As we're redesigning everything, it seems the right moment to try to get the capital a bit closer to the Dutchy of Kildare. :angel
And what about this: Apollo City as Winter capital and Shirekeep as Summer capital? Or the first as seat of the government and the other of the legislative power? :fish

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Your Niftiness, perhaps we could make this somehow interesting. If we're going to let them have their independence, can't we ask some financial 'gifts' to Your Throne in return? A state debt, which can be payed iover a period of several months... :document

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Jonas, not to appear disloyal, but Apollo City is also on our borders. Something like Blackrock would be better, considering Kildarian loyalty, since it is in the centre of our land.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Jonas, not to appear disloyal, but Apollo City is also on our borders. Something like Blackrock would be better, considering Kildarian loyalty, since it is in the centre of our land.
Blackrock is also an opportunity, yes. :)

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yet Shirekeep must not become sixth century Rome, or Osgiliath!

Perhaps a new city should be built?
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Actually Rome fell largely because the capital had long been removed to Ravenna and Constantinople (built for the purpose).

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Yeah.. no moving of capitals.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Anyway returning to the matter at hand. The Elwynnese Realm, after due deliberation, has agreed to the mutual frontier being set as outlined:

That leaves then the negotiation of the other remaining provisions of the treaty between us.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

What will happen with the West Elwynn Dam?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Jonas wrote:What will happen with the West Elwynn Dam?
Trespassers will be shot. Any questions?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Aurangzeb Khan wrote: Trespassers will be shot.
Excellent. :evil
Any questions?
What will be used as weapon? Just a gun? Artillery? :angel

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Oh... nebelwerfers... lots and lots of nebelwerfers. :evil

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Icebreaker needs to go away, if he has such a problem with 'fake lands' and such.

and as for Elwynn, this is a joke. I sort-of fake rebelled last year, and I was warned that I would be expelled from Shireroth if I did anything. Then Elwynn pulls this crap and they get away with it? Not right at all.

And as I have said a thousand times before...

Never. Trust. A. Babkhan.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Greg has a good... err... two good points. :fish

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Problem is greg... this isn't a joke....

Okey. So one issue we would like to resolve is our concern that this is and has all along just been a plot by third party nations to gain lands. That Elwynn is not a viable national entitty, and will just be gobbles up by someone else in a month or so. Shireroth would like a provision allowing us to reclaim Elwynn for it's own protection should it fall into an obvious state of collapse.

Next, right now there are various plots afoot, and while I admit we aren't pleased to see Elwynn leave, we bear no malice toward it, and would like this stated both ways. So mutual recognition and support would be another provision we feel prudent. We'd support your claims in the MCS for example, if you support ours. We'd support your entry into any organizations we might be in that you desire to join, and you'd support our entry. This would likely also be nice to include a provision of how citizens acts in each other respective nation. We will see to our people if they should come over there and start harassing your citizens and the nation as a whole, and you would see to the same.

Does Elwynn have an concerns it would like addressed?

Return to “Kaiser's Court”