Imperial Decree #195: Shifts

Announcements by and petitions to the Kaiser of Shireroth.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

osmose1000

Re: Imperial Decree #195: Shifts

Post by osmose1000 »

They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Thank you for that vote of confidence, Moose.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Your welcome. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

As always, you're bladed hand stands beside you in your decision. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Yarad I

Imperial Decree #195: Shifts

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

On this day, Semisaday the 21st of Anandjan, it is hereby decreed:- The territory of Brookshire, including Goldshire, Lunaris, Alexandretta, Amarr but excluding the Barony of NaudiaÂ’Diva, Benacia and the Barony of Elwynn, and the County of Shirekeep are now united. Together they shall form the Kaiserial Realm of Brookshire, for all subsequent Kaisers to hold and rule over into the future. The Kaiser will now also be known as the Thane of the Shirelands, in addition to any titles zie possesses at present. Brookshire Proper will always form part of the Kaiserial Realm. The other territories may be taken out as seen fit by the Kaiser.- The Barony of Elwynn will be promoted to Duchy status, with Ric Lyon as Duke, providing that Ric forfeit one of his micronational citizenships (apart, obviously, from his Shirerithian one), bringing him into compliance with the new restrictions on dual citizenship for nobles.- The Barony of NaudiaÂ’Diva and the County of Benacia shall be given to the Duchy of Yardistan. The constituent citizens, being Fax Celestis, Darth Miho and Shyriath Bukolos, are also respectfully asked to make clear their intentions to move to Yardistan, or whatever other intentions they have for the future, in this thread.May the gods look favourably upon this exchange of peoples and territories. Congratulations to the Elwynnese, your hard work and activity have paid off excellently. Darth, Fax and Shyriath, I hope you will be happy wherever you all end up. IÂ’m off back to my newly extended estates.By my hand,His Niftiness, Yarad, First of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Protector of Comstokia, Overlord of the Duchies of Brookshire, Kildare and Yardistan, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight of the Sunburst, Kampioen of Shireroth, Recipient of the Grand Collar of the Nishan i-Rastakhiz, Lieutenant of Blackrock, Scion of Kalir, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Ohhh, I don't think the gods are going to be happy with this, let alone mere mortals.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

change is inevitable. except from vending machines. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Then tell the gods to get off their duffs, re-immigrate, and make Brookshire and Goldshire duchies again. Otherwise don't dare presume to speak for the gods! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

The gods spoke yesterday in New York with foul winds of over 40 mph. Couldn't move much at all in those danged winds. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I attempted in vain to call down B'caw's protection, but without knowing the location of the nearest supply of barbeque sauce, the effort was sadly doomed... the wind continued to batter us.At any rate... yes, if the Kaiser wills this change, a Yardistani I shall be.

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Hail Kaiser!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

*bows deeply*As you have commanded, my Lord, let it so be.*bows again*The people of Elwynn thank you for having regained their honour.

vesteralen

Post by vesteralen »

Thank you very much, Your Niftiness!

vesteralen

Post by vesteralen »

Many congratulations Ric!Long live the Duke of Elwynn!

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Ric, I just heard you are now the tribune of Karnali. I'm curious how you have only two citizenships.

Osman Shahanshah

You know it is within the Kaiser's power to grant a licence to break the law. *hint*

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

This wasn't a licence to break the law. Besides, even if this was a problem, the new citizenship act was passed after Elwynn's elevation.GC is a federal state in which I hold my citizenship. According to Karnalian law, a Karnalian citizenship is a sub-citizenship of the GC one.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote: The Barony of Elwynn will be promoted to Duchy status, with Ric Lyon as Duke, providing that Ric forfeit one of his micronational citizenships Even without the mention of the law, this clearly states otherwise.And the Grand Commonwealth still is technically an alliance, not a real federalized nation; Bakbha citizenships and Karnali citizenships are still independent. Get rid of one. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Let's stop beating up on the poor defenseless Baron of Elwynn.The Dutch of Kildare hereby petitions His Niftiness the Kaiser Yarad, first of the name (and other nifty titles as well), to grant our most esteemed Duke of Elwynn Andelarion exemption by grandfathering to the mandatory restiction of citizenships. 'cause he's just an awesome dude and totally deserves it.Plxkthz? Scion of the Mog Kaiser

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

And the Baron of Antya hereby petitions His Niftiness to not grant him immunity, so that the questioning of loyalty would be nonexistant and he can be more active in our grand nation....yeah. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

The Count of Lesser Zjandaria seconds the petition of the Dutch of Kildare.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Barony of Naudia'Diva requests that the Kaiser stick to his laws...and his policy of nonexemptions.Justice is served...on a Kaiser roll. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I thank the Dutch and my Baron... Good people you are.The Kaiser said I would have to forefeit one citizenship to become a Baron, and I'm in the process of doing this. There are a problems - not because of any alleged loyalties to other nations, but because of my friendships in them. And I dislike upsetting my friends, especially since I've been citizen in their nations for years...I am loyal to Shireroth, and to its population. I'm very active too, I think. And I think that I've done a pretty good job in Shireroth too. I'm happy about what I've done in Elwynn, what I did as ombudsman and I'm very happy that new friends I've made, some of which I've met IRL.When the Kaiser was so kind to elevate me, we both thought that the new citizenship law had been enacted. This was not the case, so I'm wondering if there would have been a legal requirement for me to leave any third nations. So, my citizens in Elwynn advised me to not do anything until it would have been clarified, and I'm trying to do some research.I'm abit embarrassed to ask anybody (includes the Kaiser) whether I have to give up a citizenship or not, as I feel I've caused so much hassle for everyone... Hehe. I'm sorry about that, and if the Kaiser wills me to resign a citizenship, in light of what I think clarified the issue, then so I shall. Whatever promises I make, I keep, but they usually take some time to be fulfilled because I try and keep everyone on good mood (don't want to upset people in fulfilling my promises)I'm a bit upset that there is such a obsession on wherever I have a citizenship. If you're afraid I am disloyal, then say so. But I don't think I am. I think I am a good Shirerithian, I think I've done some good things here.... Or so I hope you think too...Thanks to the Dutch again --- Ric

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

And oh - forgot to say. I do stick to the law, but the law is conflicting here because the Kaiser's decree says one thing and the Landsraad act, but if the Kaiser still requests me to do something, I will do so.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

We don't think you're disloyal; we think your activity and attention would be better were it less divided. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

My dear lord Kaiser,I have reviewed the thread containing the Citizenship Restriction Act (take two), which can be found in the Landsraad Passed Bills (and which has been added to the Lawbook since it has passed) and I have come to the following conclusion:Since voting began on the 8th of October, the voting period ended (with an implied extension) on the 15th. Although I did not officially close and pass the bill until the 19th, the Procedures allow for a bill to be closed automatically when the 7 day maximum voting period has elapsed. Therefore, this law was in effect when your Niftiness made this decree elevating Duke Ric Lyon to his current position.However, it is important to note that since your Niftiness is technically above the Law, you may still, of course, grant an exception in the case of Ric Lyon. I personally believe he is an incredible citizen and deserves our respect, regardless of whether he technically has two citizenships or three. I would be willing, even, to propose a bill repealing the Citizenship Restriction Act, or something to change the wording of it.I feel that, although it is quite reasonable in theory to restrict the citizenships of our most powerful citizens (and that it is of course tradition for the Kaiser to have only Shirerithian citizenship), the bill as it stands now is far too restrictive. Perhaps a clause to state that any person negatively affected by these restrictions may be given an exception by the Kaiser at any time, should their position as nobility be elevated, so as not to alienate them from their other nations.Thank you for your consideration, my liege. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Osman Shahanshah

If we are going to go down that road Ric puts in better hours than most Shirerithians. Come to think of it, even I have spent more time in Elwynn than in Babkha of late, granted thats cause some loon was threatening to exterminate my legacy in the area but it all counts.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

*cups face in hands*Oh gods, I thought my policy of non-exemptions would last at least two days from the last exemption I managed to avoid giving. I think we have to look at this logically. First of all, both Ric and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth hold a common opinion in one case: that the Grand Commonwealth is a federation of states, not a collection of micronations. We have put all our treaties with Karnali, Treesia, and the other Commonwealth states on hold for a main one with the Grand Commonwealth, which is the old Mango-Camel Pact.Second, when I was considering making Elwynn a Duchy, and asked Ric what citizenships he had, he stated that they were Shireroth, Cranda and the GC. His belief was obviously that the GC was one nation, and as such would not consume as much of his time as, say, two nations would. Now, the GC allows residency in multiple states for its citizens. This is not the same as dual citizenship.All I can see this as, I'm afraid, is an attempt to undermine a Duke's position. I'm not going to consider granting an exemption because to my mind there is no exemption to be granted. The Grand Commonwealth is a single entity, which I choose to remind our citizens we are in fact allied with, despite all the enthusiasm for an alleged Cold War that's floating around, and with regards to the double citizenship of Duke Andelarion, I feel it is more important to reflect that a Shirerithian holds an important position in Karnali rather than that a Babkhan or Karnalian (?) holds a position in Shireroth. This is how it would be with anyone else.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

A very reasonable way of looking at it, I think. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

It's all good then

Return to “Kaiser's Court”