Oil pipeline

Moderators: Erik Mortis, Erik Mortis

Jonas

Oil pipeline

Post by Jonas »

The recent troubles around Elwynn, Montauk Island and other minor conflicts led to an enormous increase of the oil prices on Micras. The distrust towards Babhkans (biggest oil producer in the world) also brought panic on the economic world market, which helped a further increase of the prices. Now, smaller Brookshirian private companies have used this panic to get huge support to expand their oil installations. Batavians, Gralans, Stormarkians, (even the) Nelagans (with much cleaner and environment-friendly cars and industry) are looking towards the new oil fields in the counties of Lakhesis and Ammar.

Your Niftinnes,
Duke of Machinaria,
I want to propose the construction of a oil pipeline to Batavia and Gralus. Also, Kildare should get connected to this oil pipeline. The elites in Apollo City are demanding more oil, and they are prepared to pay for it. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Aster

Re: Oil pipeline

Post by Aster »

Sorry for popping my head in here - but Port Side Industries would be more than happy to help out with this.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Actually, the pipeline to Kildare (and through to Gralus) could be built and maintained by Jötunn Heavy Industries, being headquartered off the Kildari coast, or if others also contribute to the project, JHI would be honored to participate.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Extending the pipeline to Kildare would involve an awful lot of undersea pipe, wouldn't it? Or are we talking in the more traditional oil-tanker sense for that portion?

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Just to point out. I'm not Duke. I have no established Title. Actually.. I need to get to organizing the government. Damn work.

But I'm down with this...

So that's two companies interested in the contract?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It would be great if PSI and JHI want to work together to finish these oil pipelines. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Falkner van der Sluijs

The way I saw it, PSI would do the western pipeline through Benacia while JHI would cover the eastern pipeline on Apollonia. The tanker fleet, I'm not sure about...yet...
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser Ometeotl I

This pleases me so far. Who has fleet capability?

Aster

Post by Aster »

Hey Shirerethans!

Sorry I haven't responded to this in a while - I just want to reiterate Port Side Industries' interest in this project. We don't actually have any immediate interests in oil drilling, but our expertise in metal working and heavy machinery could come in handy for giving you the tools you need to complete this pipeline.

I suggest that a GmbH be founded to administer this pipeline - with equal shares for all involved. This would also give us the opportunity to pull out if the pipeline doesn't attract much interest, and if it flops, it won't drastically pull our respective companies down with it.

Port Side Industries could supply all the metal you need from its Casa Ravioli blast forge with reduced prices on the understanding that the above measure (the foundation of a GmbH) is implemented, and that you only accept Port Side Industries construction teams and heavy equipment (limited to drilling machines, cranes and tankers (we already possess our own fleet) ) for the duration of the construction project.

If you wish, we could simply fly in the constructed pieces of the pipeline straight on site with our JX-9000 Atlas super heavy lift craft (FYI, the largest flying aircraft design on Micras to my knowledge) - this could significantly speed up the rate of completion for the project.

I am sorry to say I know next to nothing about 'JHI' - a link would be most useful!

Obviously all of this is negotiable - it's early days yet.
This pleases me so far. Who has fleet capability?
PSI does - we've just developed a bulk carrier from our Kerem Aviv Shipyards. We could, with some extensive refitting, configure one of these hulls to serve as an oil tanker.

Falkner van der Sluijs

I am sorry to say I know next to nothing about 'JHI' - a link would be most useful!
It would all be in a private forum if I still had access to it.

JHI was originally a private space initiative, absorbed a large metalworking company in Asantelian, a science center on McCallavre, and an airstrip and launch facility in Lesser Attera.

JHI now does various construction contacts while the development of the Jötunn project is in progress.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Aster

Post by Aster »

And...you're the boss?

If so, what do you think of my proposition above?

Kaiser Ometeotl I

You two hammer out the details and I'll rubber stamp it! :) :smashy

Aster

Post by Aster »

Thank you!

Above ground or below ground? The latter would obviously be much more expensive, but probably safer in the long run. I'm also designing some boring equipment which could help this.

Do you want to host the project on the JHI or PSI fora?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Aster wrote:also designing some boring equipment
Yeah, well, it doesn't think you're exactly the life of the party either! :sleep

(I know, I know)

Aster

Post by Aster »

uuughhh....facepalm...

AAANNNNYYYWAYYY...

Are we going to go along with this? If so, where do you want to hold proper talks about it?

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Why not right here?

Aster

Post by Aster »

you go girl.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

That's what I thought.... :party