Meeting with Allot; Countess of Araxion

Aster

Meeting with Allot; Countess of Araxion

Post by Aster »

Huddled behind an empty container in an old, abandoned polar research station, Astopov rubbed his hands to keep warm and took a quick gulp from his hipflask. "Where the devil is she?!" he exclaimed. "She'll be here soon enough, Grand Hierophant", said his young aide from beneath the depths of winter clothing. "I thought I told you, Yossi, not to address me by that title again! And for gods sake take off those damn jackboots! Oy Vey..." Too many remnants of Green Thunder were still drifting around his new party...an image that if not rectified promptly, could bode ill for Astopov's chances in the Knesset. "It doesn't matter what the brothers and sisters of Gaia are wearing" mused Astopov "The grand old man of Ashkenatza won't have many more terms in office, especially not after his defeat in the Knesset over the small commonwelath issue...and soon...the legion of Green will spread ecological integralism across the republic..." Astopov's egotistical and fanatic delusional meditation was broken by the humming of 4x4 engines as three landrovers pulled in to the old research station from the seeingly endless tundra. Astopov brushed the snow off his trenchcoat and walked out to meet her eminence...

Allot

Re: Meeting with Allot; Countess of Araxion

Post by Allot »

Isabelle would have looked elegant in the giant fur coat, but for the fact that it was giant. The mounds of fur engulfed her so that it appeared as if she had been eaten from the feet up by a large furry...thing, which had declined to feast on her head. It appeared that she was also unaware of this, as the aides who had climbed out of the jeeps behind her were giggling hysterically. The wind nipped at their faces, and Isabelle's flew up into her face. She then slipped on a rough patch of ice and fell over. All in all, it was a pretty poor entrance.

Once inside, the giant furry thing (one of the aides later swore that he had seen it move) was shed, leaving Isabelle in a much smaller, but much less ridiculous coat. She tried to regain her shattered dignity as she brushed snow off of her head. This also failed. She looked around the station.

"Mister Astopov?" she asked. She noticed a man with what appeared to be an enormous monocle, and assumed that it had to be him. She extended her hand.

"A pleasure to meet you, sir," she said. "I'm afraid I don't have much time. I've got a little bit of a nasty situation over in Eliria, so I'll have to go back there soon, but it feels good to be home. I'm afraid I don't know much about your party or the one that came before it. I attempted to visit Ashkenatza in my official capacity but I was barred access by an angry man whose name was "Anti-Bot", if that means anything to you. In any case, while we're here, do tell me about yourself."
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aster

Post by Aster »

...Do you know of the Green Thunder Legion? (AEI is a mere guise for it's return...)
...Do you like absolute power?
...Do you like MOTHER EARTH?
...Do you like ABSOLUTE CIVIC UNITY?
...Do you like ceaseless political intrigue and powermongering in your micronational career?

- Our 8 articles - http://dr-spangle.com/Mikrah/phpBB3/vie ... f=38&t=479

...I think we could work well together :evil

Allot

Post by Allot »

Hmmm...

How exactly is your "fascism" different from an absolute monarchy? I need to figure out whether or not this is something I can be a bitch about first.

Hey Leo.

Yeah, you heard what I refrained from saying very loudly.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aster

Post by Aster »

Well, if you look at the documents, you'll see that Green Thunder was ruled by a council of executives, over which I presided and had an executive veto. Our social outlook, civic nationalism, and economics in some respects fall within the third-positionist elements that generally constitute fascism. I have absolutely no idea how you could regard this as an absolute monarchy?

Anyway, do you like th3 lulz factor?

Allot

Post by Allot »

I wasn't, I was comparing it to Shireroth. I dunno, I'm not into the whole rallies thing. Could we tone that down a bit? I'm not a great public speaker.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

What...? :confused
Leo Fenrir

Aster

Post by Aster »

Well, to be honest, meh. I was intending to bring this ghost from our past back to power just to give a bit of spice to Ashkenatzi politics again. However, it appears that joining the small commonwealth and my involvement here and my reports back to the Knesset have pretty much done that.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I'd love to know some more about this debate and what it's about, but I'll leave you two to it.
However, I'd feel bad if I didn't interject quickly to politely remind Herr Astopov that under the- I assume- deliberate vagueness of Article 4.7 of the Ashkenatzi Constitution of 5769, I am empowered as Nohsi to defend the Kehile (Community) of Ashkenatza (see article 4.2.3) from political extremism as I see fit.
I therefore call upon Herr Astopov to explain exactly what the ramifications of his plans that
...and soon...the legion of Green will spread ecological integralism across the republic..."
will be for Ashkenatza's Parliamentary Democracy?

The resurgence in Integralist Fascism is worrying me, and Ashkenatza deserves better. So does Elwynn.
Tread cautiously with this most insidious of political beliefs, M'Lady.

Allot

Post by Allot »

To the contrary, Herr Nohsi, I believe that a benevolent dictatorship (or oligarchy, if we must) is the most efficient form of government. Why? Because, deep down, most people are like the Khan. If we let them decide what's best for them, the world would fall apart, and half the people would be dead. Dictatorships have an unpleasant association with genocides and totalitarianism, but it is possible for a dictatorship to exist without those two possibilities. That is the only circumstance under which I would support any form of unilateral rule. Elwynn fits those criteria perfectly, ever since we banned the death penalty and threw the madman out of power. And apart from the Cudgellers, I have to say that the government really leaves the Elwynnese alone. For now.

In any case, I am merely attempting to ascertain whether or not this movement is worth keeping an eye on. There is no need for concern. I am sure Herr Astopov has only the best of intentions. We can all trust each other, right? We've all been bar mitzvah-ed.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

*cough* Bat Mitzvah in your case I fear. :document
Because, deep down, most people are like the Khan. If we let them decide what's best for them, the world would fall apart, and half the people would be dead
In which case resource depletion would also fall by more than half with the elimination of the key market "drivers", and simultaneously the remnant population would be so cowed by fear and war psychosis that they would be compelled to accept a decline in living standards causing demand for the non-essential usage of resources to also drop off. This would allow for the planet's resources to be diverted towards geo-engineering solutions to avert imminent catastrophe in the medium term and to escape reliance on one fragile biosphere over a greater period of time.

(Naturally I disavow proactive population control as a means of regulating climate change...)

Aster

Post by Aster »

HAIL MOTHER EARTH! HAIL GAIA! HAIL UNITY! HAIL THE STATE!

A green storm is on the horizon!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

A storm is coming, and it is green?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Aster

Post by Aster »

You, my friend, are on the ball today!

Return to “County of Araxion”