Because I can't leave well enough alone

Allot

Because I can't leave well enough alone

Post by Allot »

Eldynuil was harvesting herbs for his medicines when Allot died. As a Rainmaker of the Elfinshi of Araxion, he was spiritually linked to whoever safeguarded Lady Elwynn's home, which had been, up to this point, Duke Allot. The Elfinshi in Araxion kept to themselves, mostly because of the homicidal turbaned cudgellers who had been sent up here recently. When Allot vanished into the air, a link somewhere inside Eldynuil was broken, and his whole body tensed as he dropped his bag of roots. He remained perfectly still for a moment, then turned around and sprinted back towards his village.

It took him twenty minutes, at a full run, to reach the village. When he got there, he immediately ran to the Matriarch's house, who raised her head and gave him a quizzical look at the interruption.

"A thousand pardons, Matriarch," said Eldynuil, bowing deeply. He drew the curtain that hung in the doorway and approached the Matriarch. "Duke Allot has died. Araxion is without a protector," he said gravely.

The Matriarch was shocked, but not for long.
"That is sad news," she said, getting to her feet. "But if the time has come, the time has come. Fetch Isabelle. No, get Hoduil to fetch her. Tell him to meet us in your tent in ten minutes."

Leo Fenrir

Re: Because I can't leave well enough alone

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I sense a [SHINE CENSORED] style move coming on.

[edit: not actually censored by us. <3, SHINE]

[edit: My god they exists!
Leo Fenrir

Allot

Re: Because I can't leave well enough alone

Post by Allot »

"Have you told anyone yet?" demanded Isabelle, who was sitting on the floor of the Matriarch's hut.
"Not yet, but they will have felt it. His Grace had a very strong connection to the Goddess. Without a guardian, Araxion will... change." said Eldynuil.
"What do you mean?" asked Isabelle.
"The land will react. Animals will flee from their homes. Trees will die. There must be a guardian."
"I see. But why tell me? I'm no one special," said Isabelle, standing up.
Eldynuil and the Matriarch exchanged a glance.
"Isabelle," said the Mariarch. "Sit down..."
"Why? Tell me what's going on, right now."
"Well, you know your father, Menthalrien?" asked Eldynuil.
"Yes? What about him?"
"Well...he's not your father," said the Matriarch.

There was a long silence. Then Eldynuil punched out the SHINE agent who had been censoring their conversation and the dialogue continued.

"So who is?" asked Isabelle, quietly.

[Censored]

After a brief interlude which involved Eldynuil and three other Elfinshi chasing a team of SHINE agents out of the village with spiky objects, Eldynuil sat back down. He and the Matriarch both looked at Isabelle and said: "Andrew Allot."
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Return to “County of Araxion”