Vindstilla stiltje

andelarion

Vindstilla stiltje

Post by andelarion »

A little story, I might translate it to English. I tried tonight, but my English doesn't do the story justice.

The story goes: The narrator and his/her "friend" travel on an airship over the ocean towards a destination neither knows as they hold each other. The sky is all green (!) and they long for the clear sapphire sky that would normally be seen as this latitude. Enter the captain who says "We're approaching Caligae, in the land of the Elwynnese" after which the ship's boy shouts "Land ahead!" So the ship descends through the atmosphere down towards the coastal city. The narrator is puzzled - he can't see the coast line due to everything being so white. The land is white, the icy sea is white. And the "friend" whispers into the ear of the narrator, so the narrator holds his friend, partly because he doesn't want his friend to be cold. "But all is well", the friend responds and smiles and then they hold each other again.

Gah, didn't realize it got this cheesy. Ah well. I'm in a romantic mood :P

------

Vinstilla stiltje omgav oss när vi flög sakta genom den gröna luften, på vårt lilla luftskepp. Vart vi var på väg visste varken du eller jag. Det hade varit önskvärt, vi båda tänkte, om luftens färg försvann så vi kunde skåda himlen blå, med de små vita moln svävandes lite här och lite där. Men se där! Jag pekade mot en öppning med hela min vänstra arm med fingret som den yttersta pilen. Den andra armen, den högra, den höll jag omkring dig. Höll dig i min famn. Öppningen visade himlen i safir, och vi båda kunde skymta en liten solstråle där.

Kaptenen, klädd stiligt i uniform och allt och så, kom mot oss båda, log lite och sa: "Vi närmar oss Caligae, i elwynnesernas land." Jag log, bugade lätt med huvudet mitt, för att sedan le igen, och tacka. Näst vi hörde en skeppspojke hojta stort: "Skepp ohoj! Land i sikte! Skepp ohoj!"

Och mot Caligae skeppet sig begav. Stort och grant det sakta sänkte sig genom atmosfärens alla skikt, till vi slutligen såg en liten stad därnere: Caligae. Vi visste att staden ligger vid kusten, men ingen kust vi såg. Allt var så vitt, så vitt så. Isen måste ha täckt hamnen och sjön därvid, och snö därifrån lagt sig uppå. Allt var vitt, bländade vitt. Du tog mig i hand, viskandes ord så vackra. Jag höll om dig, ville inte ha dig kall. Men du log så vackert, sa "allt är bra, min vän", för att sedan krama om mig som om jag vore ett liv du hade målat fram.

Harald of Froyalan

Re: Vindstilla stiltje

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

I like it. :)
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Harald of Froyalan

andelarion wrote: Gah, didn't realize it got this cheesy. Ah well. I'm in a romantic mood :P
The time of the year perhaps? ;)
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Maybe... I want hugs :P

Harald of Froyalan

* The goddess Freyja jumps from behind a tree and gives Count Andelarion a warm hug. *
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

:D

Harald of Froyalan

Well, that devine hug really helped, didnt it? :)
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Most certainly :P

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Warm hugs from me as well.

Harald of Froyalan

hypatias mom wrote:Warm hugs from me as well.
* Wants a hug too. * :)
Count of Cimmeria

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

för att sedan krama om mig som om jag vore ett liv du hade målat fram.
't quite understand this last sentence (well, the last two words, really)... I asked around a bit, though there seem to be few native Swedes in my IRC circles so I'm not sure I got a precise translation... "to then hug me as if I were a life you had created" (drawn forth? "Måla" implies creative effort...)

Still... I like it, even though I'm predisposed to hate it because it's in Swedish, so it must be pretty good :p
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Hugs all around. :love

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Harald of Froyalan wrote:* The goddess Freyja jumps from behind a tree and gives Count Andelarion a warm hug. *
Ardas! Stop accepting hugs from strange foreign goddesses. The only goddess licenced to give hugs to the faithful is our beloved Elwynn, and the only way to get those is to go to Mount Yannek and jump in. :p

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:
för att sedan krama om mig som om jag vore ett liv du hade målat fram.
I don't quite understand this last sentence (well, the last two words, really)... I asked around a bit, though there seem to be few native Swedes in my IRC circles so I'm not sure I got a precise translation... "to then hug me as if I were a life you had created" (drawn forth? "Måla" implies creative effort...)

Still... I like it, even though I'm predisposed to hate it because it's in Swedish, so it must be pretty good :p
"
Thanks! :)

You're right. The creation here is not the "mother created child" type, but rather more that she cared for the narrator as much as an artist would care for his (perfect) work, without it being so. It's a funny sentence, I know...

Harald of Froyalan

The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote: Ardas! Stop accepting hugs from strange foreign goddesses. The only goddess licenced to give hugs to the faithful is our beloved Elwynn, and the only way to get those is to go to Mount Yannek and jump in. :p
So you thought!! :D
Count of Cimmeria

Harald of Froyalan

What are the names of the narrator and his/her "friend"?
Count of Cimmeria

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

No names are needed. The text is written in first person (the narrator is "I") and in second person (the friend is "you").

Return to “County of Eliria and Utasia”