Bovinist Book of Doctrine

Nathan of Natopia

Bovinist Book of Doctrine

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

My dear Smjörkýrers, I present to this new land under Bovinism the Book of Doctrine. Read it and follow its lessons and you will live happy lives, blessed by the Reverent Butter Cow. As the Cow reveals more to me I will update the Book accordingly.

http://shireroth.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... f_Doctrine
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Yvain Wintersong

Re: Bovinist Book of Doctrine

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

O bringer of lactic ungulant branded wisdom!

It occurs to me that the Catholic Church was so successful because they were able to adapt their doctrine into each new land where they hoped it to spread. For example, in Ireland, they turned the local goddess Brigit into St. Brigit the Christian abbess. Or for the Mithraists, they changed the birthday of Mithras on December 25th to the birthday of Jesus on December 25th.

Your book is interesting but very Natopian. Maybe your next project should be coming up with a distinctly Shirerothian version of Buttercowism.

Also, I just want to warn you that I will be calling your county "Smorky" from now on.

Nathan of Natopia

Re: Bovinist Book of Doctrine

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

The Butter Cow has already been added to the Cedrist pantheon, however I'm not sure of its relationship to the other gods though...

Also future stories added to the book will include settings familiar to the new lands introduced to Bovinism. This will include Froyalan and South Mehlville, on Eura.

And yes, Smorky seems like an appropriate nickname in conversation... the proper name has too many accent marks... Every time I've typed it out I've only copy pasted it, lol. I suppose I should be a responsible count and look up the alt codes, lol.
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Return to “County of Smjörkýr”