Doom Sermon

Nathan of Natopia

Doom Sermon

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Nathan was giving a sermon in the Temple of the Butter Cow. He was dressed in his Bosarch robes, half blue, half orange and trimmed with silver.

My dear calves! There is a major problem in our eastern neighbor's land. An endemic of Cows is plaguing Nordland. They are causing havoc and chaos in the land. As chief scholar, author and prophet of the Book of Doctrine as handed down to me by the Butter Cow, this seems to be the warning sign for the Events that Shall Come to Pass as written in the Revelations.
And lo, I saw the many lesser cows amongst the other creatures of the earth, grazing and mowing. Then the sky opened up and there was a great disturbance. From the sky came forth a demon shaped like a saucer with goggles.

The demon terrorized the cows and creatures of the earth and took them up into its belly. There it did horrendous things to the cow, it sliced them and played music with their entrails.

And then there was a room wth many tubes. In it were cows being grown in a most unnatural way. The reverent Butter Cow saw this and was not pleased. He commanded one of the cows to grow, and thus it grew as a tumor, uncontrolled until it caused the demon to erupt and burst. Still the cow continued to grow until it let forth its own spawn into the world.

These spawn went on to terrorize and eat the other creatures of earth, for they were spawn of the Margarine Cow, who had been created by the demon, yet given life by the Butter Cow, therefore the Margarine Cow desired only destruction, for it knew not if it were good or evil, for it was made of both and yet therefore neither.

The demons came forth again, to subdue and control the Margarine Cow. They succeeded. However, as the Margarine Cow fell to the earth, it summoned forth material from the city with dimensions of one mile squared. The material became Mecha-Margarine Cow, and battled the demon with a dozen eyes which had come from the sky.

And thus the two titans fought for 40 seconds until the sky opened up yet again and a great mechanical beast began to rain fire upon the earth. The Mecha-Margarine Cow rode the demon with a dozen eyes into space and to the moon.

As soon as the Mecha-Margarine Cow had left the planet with the demons, there was then no evil upon the earth's surface. The Butter Cow saw this and took up all of his faithful to live with him for eternity in Dairyland.

There in space the Mecha-Margarine Cow saw the destruction on the face of the earth caused by the large mechanical beast, and seeing no other option, thrust the moon down onto the beast and earth, killing 1/4 of the world's population in the process.

He then returned to earth, which now only had the heathens, and he set up his centurial kingdom of false butter gods, strict intolerance, and Victorian sensibilities.

And those in Dairyland looked down upon their brothers and sisters and felt pity. And they laughed.
Such a thing as is occurring in Nordland is truly indicative of the coming of the Margarine Cow! My calves, repent your sins and put total trust in the Butter Cow and his earthly representatives, the Dozan Bovic Church!
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Leo Fenrir

Re: Doom Sermon

Post by Leo Fenrir »

The Count of Wintergleam stood, draped in the finest of sheep, and strode towards the alter where Nathan stood. A flock of sheep followed closely behind glaring at the cows that sat in the temple.

"My good lord. I appreciate that you asked me here to hear this speech. I'm not quite sure what you expect of me now though. At this point I can't end my cow tipping crusade as much as it pains you to see your fellow cows harmed. I have managed to clear out almost all of the cows from Thul, but the climate remains unstable and my finical debt is increasing by the day. If you do fear this as a sign of this 'Margarin Cow' you prophesies about, I will throw all my sheepish power behind you to prevent this event (The destruction of my precious ice sculptures of me is unacceptable)."

With this Nathan closed the 'Book of Events that Shall Come to Pass' and beckoned to the Baron.

"Come we must talk of what is to come."
Last edited by Leo Fenrir on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo Fenrir

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

"Come we must talk of what is to come."
Verily, least the Margerine cow be used to deep-fry.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

This all seems kinda unlikely.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Thats what they said about B-Dawg (I swear I don't usually talk like this).
Leo Fenrir

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Is...B-Dawg an event? Did it end up happening?
If so, I guess I'd have to revise my estimate.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Barrack for president. :)
Leo Fenrir

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Nathan and Leo walked elbow to elbow as Nathan led them to the Bosarch's office. Neither said anything until Nathan had closed the door behind him. A large silver yolk behind the Bosarch's chair dominated the office and caught the brilliant northern sun and reflected throughout the office. Nathan gestured for Leo to sit on the faux leather couch as he poured some juice for them both.

"My fellow Baron, thank you for coming here to Glenfiddich. You must surely be concerned about your own lands so I will be brief so that you may return soon to your people. While this plague of cows certainly seems to suggest a sign of the E.S.Co.P. it may not be so dire. The Butter Cow is known for his jovial nature, the entire Book of Doctrine may indeed be nothing more than a joke to his divine Butteryness. However, the details of the Escop are too grim to ignore. Your cow tipping crusade is a good start, for we must decrease the amount of cows in such a small location. Perhaps if such a concentration of cows is lowered, the Escop will be prevented...

I will send word to the Holy Order of the Armored Goat, in Doza the seat of the Bovic church. They will aid you in your crusade and will dispose of the cows in a holy and dignified manner, so that the Butter Cow need not be angered and bring about the Escop."
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

The Baron of Nordland exited the Temple of the Butter Cow with Nathan's words in his mind. The whole thing seemed a bit crazy to him, Giant Mecha Cows and the such, but on the off chance that this could be true... He shook his head to clear his thoughts. The clearing of the cows was progressing well and apparently this apocalypse had been averted.

A stray though had Leo putting his mass of sheep against Nathan's mass of Cows wondering who would win. An amusing thought, but one that he should probably not voice to the priest.

His thoughts then went Eastward to Nordland. The melting had changed everything that once been his peaceful and quiet Barony and a new race had just been uncovered. Reports from his people were revealing an astonishing past that was just now being uncovered. He stepped into his sheep drawn carriage and the temple grew small behind him. Ahead the road stretched over the horizon where his Barony awaited to be rediscovered.
Leo Fenrir

Return to “County of Smjörkýr”