Random notes...

Ari Rahikkala

Random notes...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Basically, stuff of interest that I'm finding while going through our history...

Here's my speech as the High Priest of Unix at the coronation of Kaiser Letifer I (man, we need another coronation thread like that)... here updated for grammar and style:

"I hail you, Kaiser. UNIX and its thousand children all hail you. May your privileges reach those of the superuser, for that is the rightful privilege of the Kaiser. May your processes run without fear of segfaults, as they do on the Divine Computer. May your load factor never rise above three, for your people may need your response in the direst of situations. May your your ministers always answer to every situation that arises and not thrash like a mongol horde. May your nobles always be loyal and not crash when they are most needed. May your security never be breached, online or physically. May your uptime record exceed that of any Kaiser before you. May your core not be dumped before it is the rightful time for the prophecy to come true. For in you lie the scheduling, virtual memory, networking and filesystem subsystems of us all. "
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Random notes...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Correction: We really need another coronation like that. All the blessings that it starts with are more wonderful than I could remember we ever had for any Kaiser... then Cthulhu comes along and they combat the Elder God... and then the discussion just naturally drifts off to snacks and mascots, the way it should in Shireroth...

... I wish it were 2002 again :(

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Unfortunately this warm current is also known as the origin of several violent storms which hit Shireroth several times every year (umm... could we make Micron revolve clockwise so that this would make sense?).
-- me, lord knows when but it was probably in 2002... (I probably meant Benacia when I said Shireroth)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

16:40 <@ICEBREAKER> WOW, DUDE
16:41 <@ICEBREAKER> YOU'RE GETTING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS JUST TO ASS YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS
16:41 <@ICEBREAKER> THAT'S HARDCORE!!!

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”