Taxes...

Harvey Steffke

Taxes...

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Apparently the Imperial government would like to congratulate us on becoming a duchy by demanding a 2500 :erb tax.

How are we going to handle this?

Erik Mortis

Re: Taxes...

Post by Erik Mortis »

Actually, I might lower the tax on Straylight and Yardistan due to circumstances.. Being a split and all.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

YEAH I'LL LET YOU GUYS HANDLE THIS.

TOOT TOOT!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

What is this "paying less" thing you're talking about? We are a duchy. We have everything that comes with being a duchy. We represent ourselves in the Landsraad independently. We moderate ourselves. We have perks like a forum of our own, and the forum colour that was chosen for us, and we should be thankful to the Imperial government for that. We have the right to show loyalty to the Imperial government in ways we choose ourselves. So when the Imperial government comes to tell the duchies to pay their taxes, we pay them as a duchy, in full!

Forget what the rebellious rabble in Kildare and their Babkhan friends in Elwynn do or say. It's their prerogative to go out and shout from the rooftops that they're not worthy of the status of duchy. To pay your taxes is an honour, to be undertaken with joy for the fact that we have an economic system where taxes can exist in the first place. I have transferred 1250 :erb to duke Scott's account to support Straylight in paying its due - I hope the rest of the citizenry also displays the same loyalty to the niftiest place in all of Shireroth!
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Should the Duke not feel comfortable with the remaining 1250 :erb required, I will also pitch in.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I've paid the rest of it. If anyone's feeling especially patriotic, they can pay me back some.

Also, how does everyone (especially Harvey) feel about Harvey becoming Duke? Howsabout Landsraad emissary? I can't stand all that voting legislatey stuff.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I can handle mucking with voting, if you'd like, but I do not think I am cut out for being Duke.

Scott of Hyperborea

Please vote, then.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:I've paid the rest of it. If anyone's feeling especially patriotic, they can pay me back some.

Also, how does everyone (especially Harvey) feel about Harvey becoming Duke? Howsabout Landsraad emissary? I can't stand all that voting legislatey stuff.
You should have remained Yardistani, then I could've kept doing all the dirty work for you. :p
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

I'm OK with Scott as duke and Harvey as Landsraad emissary...

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

WAIT, WHEN THE DICKS DID HARVEY AND SCOTT START RUNNING SHIT AROUND HERE? THEY ALREADY RUN THE REST OF THE COUNTRY ALREADY.

ACTUALLY I AM QUITE FINE WITH IT AS LONG AS THEY GET EVERYONE ELSE TO STFU ABOUT TAKING OUR BLUE COLOR BACK. THAT IS THE *ONE* REQUEST FROM ONE OF YOUR MOST LOYAL AND IMPORTANT CITIZENS, SO PLEASE REPRESENT ME ACCORDINGLY. ^_______________^

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

ACTUALLY HEY, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT:

21:57 <@Harvey> icebreaker: you wanna vote? Feel free. And I'm pretty sure that the blue thing has been handled once and for. Kildare got pink.
21:57 <@icebreaker> WELL OKAY I WILL

BAM BITCH, GIVE ME MY VOTING CROWN

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Didn't expect him to say okay, but I stick with what I said.

rhadmor

Post by rhadmor »

I would pay, if I would have any money :o
His Highness Rhadmor Ravendorff-Marcjan-Chojnacki, Duke of Cyberia, Graf of Ravendorff, Count of Litava

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Got an account in the bank? http://www.shireroth.org/bank/index.php

rhadmor

Post by rhadmor »

yes

ola
His Highness Rhadmor Ravendorff-Marcjan-Chojnacki, Duke of Cyberia, Graf of Ravendorff, Count of Litava

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Well.. then when you start being a citizen again, or your current nation joins the SCUE, you will have money... Or do something that gets you paid.

Scott of Hyperborea

Icebreaker, can I hear your justification for voting for Payne in the MiniImNat election? I hear Cho'Gall talking a lot about the difficulties he's had integrating and ways he could reduce that for new people, and he seems really interested in the job and aware of the responsibilities.

Now, I haven't talked to Payne much, and if you've talked to him and have good reason to think he's more qualified, fine. But if this is just an LOL I'LL SABOTAGE CHO'GALL THEN TAUNT HIM ABOUT IT ON IRC sorta thing, can we put that on the backburner for important national votes?

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

WELL TELL YOU WHAT, I'M GONNA TRY AND GET W.PAYNE ON IRC. IF I HATE CHOGALL LESS THAN HIM, THEN I'LL CHANGE MY VOTE I SUPPOSE.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Since when has ImNat been an important anything? Anyway, I approve of ICEBREAERK's policy of making decisions based on his opinions of people. At least it's consistent and honest.

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”