Ducal decree: Stuff

Ari Rahikkala

Ducal decree: Stuff

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I hereby place Scott of Hyperborea Duke of Straylight. He's instructed to go through with my plan to place Straylight as a special administrative region, called just Straylight, directly under Yardistan, with the blessing of the Duke of Yardistan of course (which I haven't managed to ask yet because he hasn't been online). Though of course, Scott being duke, that's his decision to make now.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Ducal decree: Stuff

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Oh.

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Straylight doesn't have any Baronies, so why doesn't it become one? I mean in case it gets merged with Yardistan, just instead of calling it a special 'administrative region'. Just an idea, will not interfere in these matters...
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I think Straylight should become a barony under Brookshire. :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Leto III

Malliki Tosha wrote:I think Straylight should become a barony under Brookshire. :p
No! Elwynn! Kildare! Goldshire! :angry

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Kaiser Leto III wrote:Straylight doesn't have any Baronies, so why doesn't it become one? I mean in case it gets merged with Yardistan, just instead of calling it a special 'administrative region'. Just an idea, will not interfere in these matters...
I'm not really that concerned with what part of the traditional Shirithian feudal structure its position most resembles, I just don't want it to be called a barony or a county :/

Kaiser Leto III

No problem, Ari. I called my Barony (Sermolot) a Baronial Empire, Erik named Dolor an Earldom. Straylight deserves its own unique title if it wants that. :)

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Thank you, Ari. *Scott takes off his golden coronet, and puts on goggles like Ulrik Svensgaard is wearing in this picture*

I'll be honest with you, Ari, as one HONIS to another. I don't know what you want and I don't know how to get it. You're going to have to PM me telling me exactly why you want this Yardistan territory thing and how you envision it working. In the meantime, I'll try to contact Greg and see what I can do about the Yardistani side.

Oh, and in character I don't anticipate being Scott here. I'm going to be...*thinks up name* Nereus Rotenaard. Mysterious past, speaks with what any historical linguist would recognize as a slight Audente accent, and looks like...oh...let's say...this.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Call it "The Transoceanic Continuity of Straylight"

And you are more than welcome in Yardistan. We should really reorganize the inactive baronies in Yardistan and give Straylight its proper place as one of the more dominant feudal powers within the duchy.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh ho. Laying the SMAC down on Shireroth, are we? Two can play at that game. There's a certain figure that Goldshire may be interested in befriending.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Oh ho. Laying the SMAC down on Shireroth, are we? Two can play at that game. There's a certain figure that Goldshire may be interested in befriending.
There's a lot of us who'd be interested in befriending that character. ;)
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Kaiser Leto III wrote:
Malliki Tosha wrote:I think Straylight should become a barony under Brookshire. :p
No! Elwynn! Kildare! Goldshire! :angry
I would love it if Elwynn, Kildare and Goldshire became baronies under Brookshire as you suggested. :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

:yay:

The word of the kaiser is law!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Do I need to say what I normally say about the Kaiser.. or can we just assume I said it and more on...

I like Straylight as an independent Duchy... but things change..

Kaiser Leto III

Err... do you guys need an Imperial Decree to merge the Duchies? :mal

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I think they do. Either that or full consensus of the Landsraad (destruction of a Duchy).
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

This would fall in the destruction category.

Kaiser Leto III

Do you guys want me to write the decree or are there still some things that should be arranged?

*Looks to Scott*

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Just pen a decree dissolving Straylight as a duchy and redistributing the "land" to the Duchy of Yardistan. That lets Yardistans handle the "land" as they see fit.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Now that Yardistani has a Duke, I need to start negotiating with him. I'd rather not just give Yardistan the land and tell them to do as they see fit - otherwise it would probably end out as Straylight-Sara :demon (just kidding Ryan, we love you)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm a rather big fan of Straylight, and would like to keep it as intact as possible so that should it decide to become a duchy again, it'll be a simple matter of formalities rather than worrying about who gets what land/water.

The obvious choice is to make it a barony of Yardistan. However, that is not an appropriate or wanted title. So we need to come to a consensus on that matter.

I like the idea of calling it "transoceanic" because that's what it is. But it really should be up to Ari what we call it.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I love "transoceanic" too, just replacy "continuity" with the more descriptive "minarchy" and I'm game :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Works for me! Transoceanic Minarchy of Straylight. Sounds very cool.

I'm assuming Scott is going to remain on as Baron/Minarch, yes? And are there any special concessions we should write up? Like permanent ability to re-form the duchy should you want to, etc.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Duchies can only be formed by the Landsraad or the Kaiser...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

A future Yardistani duke could potentially block such a move before it reaches the Kaiser or Landsraad. Therefore I will seek, by ducal decree, to ensure that this does not happen, yet at the same time doesn't supersede the proper procedures.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

That could happen regardless of what you decree. Dukes can't limit the power of their successors (or that of their own, FWIW). I'm not thinking of this as a contract between equals - I think Straylight's been a duchy for long enough now, and now it's time to spend a while as part of another duchy, not so different from any other fiefdom that's been on different levels of the hierarchy through history. Oh, certainly if someone gets the bright idea of dividing the place up as a bunch of counties in different baronies or such, I'm going to yell louder than Greg ever did about MASS... but I don't have any plans of trying to bring it back within, say, the average lifetime of a Yardistani dukeship.
I'm assuming Scott is going to remain on as Baron/Minarch, yes?
I should suppose that's Scott's decision to make! ... but if he wants to give the title back to me once we're done then sure, I'll take it back. With "title" here I mean HONIS (Head Of Non-Independent State), pronounced "honeys" :) - that's not going to change in the deduchification...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Alright, I can respect that.

However, I don't know if I feel comfortable calling either you or Scott "honey".

I mean, I didn't even get dinner and a movie first... :p

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Allot will provide you with any necessary.... "compensation" lets say. In the mean time can someone tell me what in the name of all that is shiny and distracting is happening to this place?
Leo Fenrir

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I assume Ari will shift it over to the Yardistani forum at some point and make the necessary adjustments. I think the Kaiser just needs to make a final decree officiating this. :worship

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Nah, we're just waiting on the Duke of Straylight now. After all he always did want to be duke - and now that it's his duchy to do with as he wants, it's his word that this all depends on...

... but with that said, I would appreciate it if the transfer took place no later than on Oustfest :angel (actually it would be kinda neat if it happened precisely on Oustfest, and I don't think any of us are in any particular hurry here, no?)

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”