Hello

dr-spangle

Hello

Post by dr-spangle »

Apparently I am in this Duchy, I have no clue what I do from here :D

Shyriath

Re: Hello

Post by Shyriath »

Greetings! Ari might be able to direct you to an unassigned county to play with. Being a marine Duchy, most counties in Straylight are waterborne cities called sancts, though mine is a sort of dispersed, nomadic ship-dwelling ethnic group.

You might also want to have a look at the wiki article for some more detailed explanations.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Yes, I've heard much about you from your attempts to get marked on the MCS map and also ari's arguments to why it should be marked on MCS maps in #micronations :P

and the charter says you can't be marked on the map :P
ocean palace and momochi are also illegal but we didn't notice them in the claim and we're not allowed to remove them

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Then you, sir, do not recognize sovereign Shirerothian lands. Shame on you, and your short-sightedness. FOR one day, history shall judge you harshly on why you did not recognize such amazing and prolific people. Such rigid determination to stick to the laws, despite what good or ill they do, will only lead to tragedy and despair not only on your part, but on everyones part. What has Ari done to you, that was so horrible that you cannot mark his lands for all to see? Ari has arguably done more for not only this nation, but for all nations than any other person, besides a few noteworthy cases (there are many, but Ari is definitely in the top ten). He was, is, and shall be a valuable contribution in terms of culture, activity (his current semi-LOA not withstanding), and technicall expertise that shall not be matched in this lifetime. Why then, if he has done so much for everyone, would you not do this one, small favor and mark his lands as a gesture of good will and thanks!?

I bid you good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

But he is Straylightihian now. Irony, oh, Irony!

Amabfgevder val handeradag , spaltdern, CAT!

Throws a cat to spangle.

hehehehehehehehe!

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I love those cats. :love
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Nah, i'm OK with it lately. The marginal cost (in terms of legitimacy, of trouble with people asking to get their own cities added on the sea, etc.) of adding, for the first time, cities on the sea in a way that they can't just explain away as an oversight or a small island *is* big. Just in terms of utility for the community at large it would take an important and generally excellent location to justify it. Now add the issue of fairness - cities right in the middle of the sea in a prominent place at the top left corner of the map would be *very* visible and draw a lot of attention, far more than even a largish nation on Keltia would for instance. So, the truth is, it would take super extra special awesomeness to justify putting Straylight on the map, and right now I just don't think we measure up.

I do think it is possible to change that, but it's going to take a lot of work from me and others. And I don't mean just cultural wiki pages and such. I *certainly* don't mean just the stuff I've done personally for Shireroth at large - hell, just having Straylight as a duchy instead of a lower fiefdom is a prize for that (given by Erik during the Great Consolidation), and IMO a sufficient one. I mean, for starters, actually being active. But also things bigger than that. I mean intermicronational political and economical significance. I mean doing things that nobody else has done yet... and that's going to take even more than just a lot of work. And I'm not being terribly inspired :(.

Spangle:

The argument from the charter is still bullshit and you know it :). The MCS charter says nothing about whether cities on the sea are allowed. The closest you can get to reading it as if it does is saying that it never raises the issue - and I doubt that was because the possibility of someone turning up with a naval city claim that actually was worth accepting was given serious consideration.

I guess we see the MCS in a somewhat different light, really. You keep referring to rules given from on high that constrain what you can do, for instance declaring Straylight-on-the-map "illegal" . To me, the whole thing just seems like a single body that sovereignly makes its own rules. I don't care much about exactly how the MCS is administrated as long as I know the people in power are good, reasonable micronationalists looking out for the community's interests. From my perspective internal rules at the MCS have very little significance; FWIW, if you would make rules, I'd prefer they were written, definite, and *public* so the member states could benefit from knowing them, too (but I guess I should take that up with the MCS, not here).

So, yeah, I guess it's fortunate that right now even I don't think it would be reasonable to have Straylight on the map. My planned every-two-and-half-year MCS claim would be timed for early 2010 but unless some big surprises take place that's probably going to be delayed.. still, if something happens to make me change my mind, well, know I *will* be on the case at the MCS again :).
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Oh, and on what you do here: For starters, you could try to figure out http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=9222. I tried to get through it once and I could name all of the simpler substances - and even this time I can pretty easily name stuff like methane and propane and what I guess is benzene because of the circular structure - but I never did quite figure out which atom you go to after a stop, so the bigger molecules confuse me... your chemistry-fu might be less ridiculously weak than mine, so hey, give it a try :)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

if you would make rules, I'd prefer they were written, definite, and *public* so the member states could benefit from knowing them, too (but I guess I should take that up with the MCS, not here).
Andreas and I worked together on writing down all the rules and fixing problems etc and we have literally begged pete to make it all legal, his reponces appear to consist of "I'm writing the new charter but have nothing to show of any progress on the project that there is apparently a lot of" and "I like them unwritten"

:angry

And that looks like a lot of reading :( :P

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Solved it :D sorry it took so long, there were freinds over, also i was playing command and conquer

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Best game ever if I may say so myself.
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I prefer it to CNC3, mainly because I can win CNC:G :P

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Ah but who can go wrong with the giant Ion Cannon or the Catalyst Cannon. (I think it is becoming almost painfully obvious what fascinates me.) CNC3's campaign was epic though.
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

It is epic, but I got through most of it and then lost it all

so i haven't bothered doing it all again

but yay for dual monitors, i can play CNC:G challenge on one monitor and do work on the other :P

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”