Shirlan, geography/size

Ari Rahikkala

Shirlan, geography/size

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Ah, politics, politics. I wish it were possible to produce energy from politics... it seems that it's something we will never run out of...Now that Shirlan's political status is clear at last, it's time to address anpyjrt issue that seems to have been in many people's minds... that is, Shirlan was supposed to be a rather small country but it isn't - not on the MCS (Micronational Cartography Society) map. See http://www.geocities.com/apollos...tical.html (Shirlan is in the northeast corner of the map). The MCS map would fit together perfectly with the map at shirlan.cjb.net if it was clarified to the MCS that Shirlan consists of only the areas coloured in your own political map. I'll have to contact the MCS anyway to update your name and colour to reflect your political status, but I'm not going to do anything about the territory of Shirlan until I get the OK of at least one of you... Though they go mad they shall be sane,Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;Though lovers be lost love shall not;And death shall have no dominion.

UnknownwonknU

Re: Shirlan, geography/size

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Well Ari, after consulting with a few Shirlanian ideas, trying to study every detail and aspect of the MCS and how Shirlan quite fits together with all that vast space...the conclusion drawn over and over time and time again seams to be the same...that there is no question that Shirlan and the MCS fit together....in a very odd way...but via two very tiny points. Really, the vastness is not necessarily needed for good relations to occur between the MCS and Shirlan. That is blantantly and really quite unnervingly obvious. This really needs to be discussed further and again, the overall conclusion is that the two tiny, unemcumbered, plain points need to meet...then and only then can their be relief knowing that Shirlan has its proper placement within the MCS.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Thanks. I'll file a change request in... a limited but currently unknown time. Though they go mad they shall be sane,Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;Though lovers be lost love shall not;And death shall have no dominion.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

*taps Ari on the shoulder*Psst, please update Shirlan on it's status on the MCS map, will you. Shireroth has not put a place visible to the Shirlanians to post in, would you explain why?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

That's because you're (currently) a county and since we have so many forums anyway, counties use the forums of the baronies they reside in... this means that Shirlan has two official forums: One in Shireroth (Straylight's forum) and one of its own. Theoretically, if you were larger (although obviously you would not be a county anymore if you were), you could use the forum of your own for internal affairs and the forum at Shireroth for Shirerothian affairs. Then again, you could do the same even if you were a barony or duchy... Though they go mad they shall be sane,Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;Though lovers be lost love shall not;And death shall have no dominion.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

That's a bunch of nonsense! What's the number of forums in Shireroth have to do with Shirlan being a county?!If you perused Shirlan, which I'm sure you have in some way or another, you will note that Shirlan is made up of separate Duchies......all STUFFED into a county?! That's quite odd, don't you think?One cit, can't and won't be able to function in all of these separately....well, maybe only theorhetically, but that is preposterous...right?So, classifying Shirlan as a county only is wrong. And if you took a look, Shyriath IS Grand Duke...which implies that Shirlan is really a Duchy. So what is the solution now, Ari?!*huffs and puffs, perhaps*

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

*smacks UnknownwonknU upside the head*I reference you to the Feudal Holdings Act, Take 3pub9.ezboard.com/fshirero...D=54.topicYou are a county because you applied to be a county. We made you a county. You did not want to be a territory, for some odd reason, although I think it would have suited you better (especially if you want to do all this autonomous shit you're trying to pull) so you became a county. You cannot (yes, cannot) be a duchy under Straylight. Why? Because a) Straylight is a Barony, which is under a duchy itself, b)You only have one (1) active citizen, yourself, and c) we acquired you, not the other way around. Shireroth is not subject to the demands of its acquirees. Shireroth is not subject to the demands of its Counties. Shireroth is not subject to even the demands of its citizens. This is not a Democracy.if you want to be a territory, we can demote you, but you will have even less say than you already do. At least you'd be able to run your own country. If you want to be a barony, I suggest you convince at least one more citizen to become active. If you want to be a Duchy, then you need at least three more people (I mean people, not DL's). If you want to have your own nation, you can be a territory, just don't expect anyone to pay any attention to you.Oh, and the least you could do when you wander randomly into another nation screaming "ANNEX USSS!!!" at the top of your lungs, you might want to stop for a moment and think about what you're getting into. At least take a -glance- at the governmental structure. Jeez...*disclaimer: sorry I'm so irratable right now, some random chick from kansas is IMing me claiming to have found my sn in a chatroom... except that I've never been to any chatrooms... and now she keeps talking to me, and she's not important enough to go on my blocked list and I'm getting annoyed... blech* Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

You raise some interesting and good points in your argument. However, after reviewing Shireroth's Feudal Holdings Act, Take 3, I have a few questions.After perusing your subdivisions of Duchies and Baronies, alike, and specifically in reference to what Shireroth has written as the "requirements" for such subdivision, would you explain or better yet, clarify what is meant by "active"?As example (of which there are many), Mari Greenwood obviously resides within the Duchy of Elwynn, and by site only, is classified as "active" as is assumed. However, the Feudal Holdings Act, Take 3 states:Quote:c) Each new Duchy shall require four (4) citizens to be formed. Duchies may be formed by order of the Kaiser or of the Landsraad. If a Duchy is formed by the order of the Landsraad, the Kaiser retains veto rights. If a Duchy is formed by order of the Kaiser, it must be as a public Imperial Decree. Duchies are contained and operated in their own fora.So, please clarify who or where the other 3 "active" citizens are? You could even clarify too, that you aspire to Duke of Kildare (Kildare being a duchy), where or who are the other 3 "active" citizens here?*disclaimer: Please don't be too offended by my tone. I am just trying to understand exactly what Shireroth views within it's laws, so that Shirlan can mix well within the culture.**relaxes*Now, you also made a point to mention number of "people" instead of DL's...well, please clarify, as well, the difference between the following:a person having many login's representing different viewpoints.....with:a) the same IP, andb) different IPs (but still a single person)?It would be most appreciated if you enlighten us. Much thanks, Gryphon the Pure and kindly remove your somewhat "swift" hand from my head.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

can't talk long right now, but to clarify your question...the laws for creating subdivisions are those that require active citizenships. it just so happens that kildare and elwynn are both historic states, and have been around pretty much as long as shireroth... it is not for the appointment of a noble that requires active citizens, but rather for the appointment of a barony or duchy itself. yeah, and sorry I was so irritable... I'll think more on this later... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

UnknownwonknU

Post by UnknownwonknU »

Gryphon, it would be avisable if you would work with Shirlan's own "scribe" being also a Gryphoness similar, somewhat to your own.

Sairi Vakanan

Post by Sairi Vakanan »

I beg to differ, Shirlan's gryphoness is extremely unique! *smiles*However, Gryphon, I would be grateful if you would work with her. She is quite......*thinks of something, fairly suitable*....well, *smiles*...unremarkable, amongst other things. Plainly, she works hard and is diligent at the task at hand.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

You guys really don't get it do you. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

TopedaranGryphoness

Post by TopedaranGryphoness »

Yes, but I get it. However, it has been brought to my attention that there is a way to condense Shirlan, a bit, within Shireroth. See "Annexation thought" string...

Return to “House Tessier-Ashpool”