Continuing serch...

Moderators: Gman Russell, Gman Russell

Eriana Moon

Continuing serch...

Post by Eriana Moon »

Slowly Eriana approached the ancient Castle Russell. She had been here before but that was very long ago. remembering the warning from the strange man she proceeded with caution of what she could find.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

It was midnight, and the island seemed eerily silent in the absence of a moon.The castle was obviously in ruins, but it was still staffed as the barony's capital. There was only 2 visible entrances, the main gate and bridge crossing the half-filled moat, and a back exit that was sealed. A small guardhouse with 2 guards sitting inside, playing cards, who looked mildly bored. Inside the outer wall (with odd gaping holes and parts missing), were several non-descript building, and in the middle, a large tower with no visible entrances, just windows.

As Eriana approached, unsure of how to proceed, a woman approached Eriana from behind and spoke.

"Greetings, Mistress."
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

At first Eriana was startled but only for a moment.

Good evening. I am looking for an old friend. Perhaps you can help me.

AngelGuardian93

"Of course I can help you. After all, I was sent to help you, my mistress."

She bowed lightly, and stepped more into the open. In the dark it was hard to make her out, but she was clad in a long, black skirt, with a long-sleeved shirt to match and raven-black hair that went down to her waist. Her skin seemed unaturally dark as well. It was black from what you could see in the light, but not in the natural way. It was jet black, like the rest of her, like she had grease smeared all over her body.

"I am bonded to you untill you find Baron Russell." she said, when she pointed the middle of the keep. "He's in there, but it will be hard to get us in there."
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

I apreciate the help but if I may ask... How have you been bonded to me and who sent you?

AngelGuardian93

She smiled softly. "Worry not, good lady, it was nothing more than a mere phrase. As for who sent me? I cannot say... just yet."

She walked over to a tree and poked it.

"When you see a tree, you see nothing more then the bark. But the bark is not the tree; merely the outer coating. I am the bark. Soon you will peel me away and see what is really going on. Now is not that time yet."

She walked to Eriana's side and pointed to the guards.

I can get you past the guards, or I can pick the lock on the back door. But there are risks to each. Choose."

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Why would we not be admitted? Is this nolonger G-mans estate? And what are thease danger so as I might make an informed choice??

AngelGuardian93

"It is the Russell Estate still, yes, but you should know that there is an organized criminal element here on Mirioth called, 'The Cult of the Descendi." It was started by Gman Russell's ancestors during a split in the family. They are dedicated to gaining back Mirioth and Amity from the Russells. They have allmost done so. With Aggy gone off to find Gman and Cerune, the barony was left without strong leadership. If they find out who you are, they might imprision you simply by association."

She again pointed to the front gate.

"The front gate's danger is that they will be found or woken up once your inside, and they will be alerted to the presence of SOMEONE in the castle. The back door is dangerous because, unlike the front gate, I cannot guarentee a silent entry. an alarm MIGHT sound immediately, but if it doesn't, you'll be undetected."

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Let us try the back door then.

AngelGuardian93

She extended her hand towards the door.

"We shall stay in the woods until we reach the back door, so no one on the ramparts will see us."

She began walking towards the back door.

"Tell me, Ms. Eriana... I have... an unusual question for you that I must ask before it burns a hole in me...

I ask... what does love feel like...?"

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*slightly surprised by the question Eriana stops and thinks for a few short moments that felt much much longer.*

It´s like finding the other half of your soul that you never knew was missing and watching it bloom in to the sweetest smelling rose you´ve ever smelled. And then you look in to the center and see the whole night sky and you fall in to it.

Kaiser Alejian II

Post by Kaiser Alejian II »

She stopped walking, her eyebrows arched wide in suprise.

"I was not... expecting such an... odd description. If poetic phrases are the only way to describe love, I think I will never understand it."

Her face turned into a neutral expression again, and she began moving.

"I should apologies for my rudeness... I let my curiosity get in the way. My kind do not understand love, or feelings in general. That is uninportant to the mission though. Let us move on. We shall be there soon."

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

If I may ask, what is "your kind"?

Kaiser Alejian II

She stopped for a second, looking unsure, as if she shouldn't answer. After a brief hesitation, she continued walking.

"I... I am an Atronach. An artificial life form constructed for various purposes, which vary between each Atronach. Think of us as 'magical robots' if you will. My purpose (among others) is to make sure you and Master Russell are reunited. Ah, here we are."

She stopped just short of where the forest clearing ended, and she crouched and pointed.

"That's where that door is. It's small, but it's meant only to be used as an emergency exit anyway, hence why it will be hard to get in. The lock can only be picked once before it's self-defense mechanism initiates and burns through the hole, thus making it impossible for ~anyone~ to open it without a blowtorch and time. When the watch moves on to the other section of the wall, we'll have to make a run for it before he turns back around.

When you are ready, run, and if you have any further questions, now would be the time to ask them.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

What kind of lock is it? I've never picked a lock before. And..... are you not comming with me?

Kaiser Alejian II

Oh, no, I am coming with you as well. I am sorry... conversing is not my primary function. I was simply meaning that you will initiate the running. Apologies.

As for what lock it is? I believe it is the new Shirekeep model V. 5.6, devised by ISASO labs.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*Shifts in to a Leopard for increaced speed and bolts for the door.*

Kaiser Alejian II

Her eyes went wide with the unexpected shape-shifting. Her master had not informed her that Eriana could do THAT. She quickly broke into a sprint after her, but obviously could not keep up. Soon they were both reletively safe at the back door, and she had a chance to fully examine the door. It was old, made of wood and iron in the old, medieval style, but had a modern day lock attached to it. She suddenly had the urge to kick in the door, but it probably had sensors attached to it.

"Please mistress, keep an eye out for anyone. This will take a minute, and then we will know if we are in or if we are discovered."

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*Shifting again this time to her owl form, knowing her keen owl eyes would catch more in the dim light, Eriana kept close watch.*

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Luck was on their side. The door softly beeped and the green light flashed on. Slowly, she opened the creaky door and motioned for Eriana to walk inside. As she did, she saw a completely medival style castle retrofitted with modern technologies. Lights flooded the courtyard, which would make it difficult to slip by. She turned to Eriana and spoke.

"We made it by luck. Now, we must continue past the courtyard and into the kitchen area, located right there."

She pointed to a small enclosed lean-to that leaned against the inner wall.

"From there, we may continue undiscovered for a time. Have you any questions?"

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Not as of yet.

*still a bit werey of the strainge creatuer she folowed she knew were she to find and save the one she loved... Again... she would have to trust someone. Though she did make a mental note to give Gman hell for getting him self in to so much trubble every time she turns her back for a few.*

Leed the way...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

(lmao)

She slowly crept along the shadows, and approached the door. As she did, it swung open and she froze against the wall. Out came two drunken soldiers, swaggering in the night breeze.

"Waaarh ye goiina saaays sometin?!"

"HIC! NEVAH! I wass juss gonna tell ye... that... ye'ze the pertiest gall on da islandath!"

"Arree ye oot of yer mind?! I'M a Guyyy!"

"Ooh..."

The first soldier began to puke, and the second one was trying to comfort his friend. They were so pre-occupied that she was able to slip inside the kitchen unnoticed. Inside was a huge pot over a chimney, several racks full of foodstuffs, and a well in the corner.

"There is where we must go."

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*trying not to smell the puke Eri quickly followes. Oddly reminded of the good ol days wether by the puke or the halls is anyones guess.*

Return to “County of Mirioth, Amity, and So-Sara”