Map of Florencia

Moderator: Gman Russell

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Map of Florencia

Post by Greg Dean »

Version 0.3.1 - 1/6/05

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Bucc should be Buccisi.

It somehow got cut off on the map at the MCS. Now I wonder what crackpot runs that place... *whistles innocently*

Awesome job on the map though. I'm jealous. ;)
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Excellent, Thanks Ryan. I'll fix that sometime tonight.

Once I get some spare time, I was actually going to propose helping you guys migrate the map to something like Illustrator or whatnot to facilitate more easily updating it, as well as an increase in visual quality. I could recreate the map you guys have now, but it would be object-oriented, so you could select individual counties, change their color, that sort of thing.

Just a suggestion. I like to help out where I can.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Considering the rate of speed at which the map changes, that probably won't work. Not that I'm abhorrent to change or unappreciative of the offer, simply that the locations of places, cities, et all, changes and fluctuates so much between each version that nothing really remains static for a long time. Except Shireroth and the GC possibly, but even the GC hasn't been on the map for more than two years.

I only own PSP7 anyways. Nothing extremely fancy.

Not to mention simplicity = small file sizes = good for Ryan's dial-up connection from the Siberia of New England. ;)
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

Actually, believe it or not, switching to an object-oriented map would make the update process easier. But hey, no worries. Just a thought. :)

If you guys ever need any assistance with graphicky stuff, let me know. I more or less do this for a living, so I'd be glad to share any hints I might have picked up over time.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm always interested in ways to improve my graphics-making skills.

Ideas are always welcome, so don't feel as if I'm brushing you off.

It's a nice change to get people involved who actually know what they're talking about. Stop by the MCS forum if you're ever bored. We've got plenty of discussions going on over there about ways to improve the system.

Return to “County of Florencia”