Straylight...

Moderator: Gman Russell

RicLyon

Straylight...

Post by RicLyon »

Why is Pohjankaupunki in the south of the place? Surely, it should be in the north. But then again, Norrköping (the Swedish translation of the name) is in the south of Sweden...Hmm... Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Straylight...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It's because "pohja" means "bottom" here, not "north". Just think of Pohjanmaa - that's in central Finland, not northern. The league of sadistic telepaths: "There's someone in your head and it's not you"

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

On a side note, what do you want to happen with Straylight? Care to remain its Count, or have it enter into Feudal Contract with someone? Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Here I was thinking that I had figured out this New Feudalism thing of yours, and you come here and say something that simply doesn't fit my conception of it ... I thought I could consider Straylight to be mine (Bill didn't list me as the count in his Grand List of Feudalism, however, I don't see why the list should be considered authoritative except that somebody actually took the trouble to compose it) and then enter a contract with the rest of the previously Yardistani counties to help them, um, gain power in the Landsraad and all that. What is this Feudal Contract you're talking about and how does it prevent me from remaining the count of Straylight? The league of sadistic telepaths: "There's someone in your head and it's not you"

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I suppose I wasn't too terribly clear.Your perceptions were correct. The Feudal Contract I refer to is any contract you choose to take with any other County for the purposes of elevating your fiefdom.I was merely asking if you were (a) going to remain Count of Straylight; and (b) going to take part in a contract. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, that's a (a) categorical yes and (b) a conditional yes. It seems that the closest thing to a spiritual successor to Yardistan is the Duchy of Naudia'Diva, more specifically the Barony of the Holy Lands of Shireroth... but since Straylight isn't Holy Land (well, Yardistan isn't either, but it's so close there hardly is a difference), trying to join that wouldn't make much sense. How about I join Naudia'Diva subordinate directly to the duchy? You're probably the one more willing to draft up the contract for that... I have no qualms with the terms in p211.ezboard.com/fshirero...ID=4.topic . The league of sadistic telepaths: "There's someone in your head and it's not you"

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I'll draw up a version with you written in. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Come to think of it, you should only need to sign the current one, nad I'll edit your name in. As long as the contract doesn't change in ideals, just in parties, it should be covered by the Sixth Clause. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Return to “County of Yardistan”