Ducal Decree 20

Moderator: Gman Russell

RicLyon

Re: Ducal Decree 20

Post by RicLyon »

Congrats Greg Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

osmose1000

Ducal Decree 20

Post by osmose1000 »

Ducal Decree (20) 10/17/05I hereby abdicate my position as Duke of Yardistan and name Sir GREG RUSSEL as heir to the throne.I have been Duke for quite a long reign now, and grow tired of the obligations that come with it. Small as they are, I'd rather be my own person now rather than being Yardistan. I completely trust Greg's judgement and hope he can continue working against foreign invasion of Shireroth, of which recently we have seen in places such as Elwynn.By my hand,No-Longer-Duke Moose They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Inside the throne-room of the duchal manor in Yardistan Proper, The Guardian Angel of Amity and Mirioth stepped in. The room was crowded with minor nobles and important buisnessmen of all sorts. As he stepped inside, they all bowed lightly as he walked by them, and those who stood at the edges of the room clapped. Slowly he made his way to the raised platform with the throne, and bowed before his duke."Rise, Angelguardian."He did as he was commanded, and raised himself upright. Moose continued."I have become weary of the constant giving and taking that comes with the duchal throne. So without any pomp or circumstance, I will, of my own free will, give up the power of the duchal throne of Yardistan to Count Gman Russell.Some of you may be wondering why, if I have given it to the good Count, that the mystical Angel stands before you to ascend the throne. Those of you who are not familiar with Gman and Angel do not know that they are, in fact, one and the same. He shall act as Duke while the search for Gman continues."He turned slightly to face the Guardian. "Do you solemnly swear to defend and promote the general good welfare of our Duchy and its people?""In the name of my master, Gman Russell, I so swear it, untill descension or death part us from the throne of Yardistan.""Then let it be known throughout Shireroth, that Gman Russell is now the rightfull and honorable ruler of Yardistan!"The assembled crowd burst into cheers and applause, and the AngelGuardian smiled lightly and raised his right hand to silence them. After a few more seconds of praise, they quited down and allowed him to speak."My new subjects, thank you for this honor. This time around, things will be much different from what we are used to. A storm is coming. A violent one, and one we must be prepared for.I have now inherited the war with Elywnn, and now that I must pay attention to such a mess, I sadly realize just how vulrnerable Yardistan is. As of this moment, all militias shall be mobilized for defense, and all young men and woman of sound mind and able body will be conscripted into a national guard of sorts. More information of this will be forthcoming in the next couple of days. We will also be enstating a freeze on all comings and goings in Yardistan A NO-FLY-OR-FLOAT-ZONE IS HEREBY ENSTATED. ANY UNIDENTIFIED OBJECTS WILL BE OBLITERATED! I cannot stress this enough. You have 24 hours as of this moment to either birth your vessels or leave. Amity and Mirioth have fully activated their coastal defenses, and I have allready ordered more positions to be defended at unidentified spots throughout our chain of islands. Any agression from anyone, regardless of nation, will be dealt with swiftly and without mercy.Another change is coming as well. Yardistan is growing in size and prestige. We are gaining the islands of Naudia'Divia and Benacia."The crowd bursted out in suprised cries and chatter. This was natural, and he waited for the crowd's talking to die down before he continued."I have not decided how they will be integrated, so until further notice they will be considered part of Yardistan Proper. As to how this will effect the war effort, I know not. Too be perfectly honest, I haven't an official opinion on the war right now. I will release a statement after confering with my war leaders and with the Baron of Elywnn. This is all I have to say. Goodnight, and I hope for your support. Somnis Keep."He stepped down, and began the tedious process of Schmoozing with the crowd... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

AngelGuardian93

Also, a clarification for the new barony of Netopalis; there will be no retrobution for your ascension to a barony on my behalf, but I do expect you to create culture, and if I see you slacking... well. You know, right? For now I grant you 2 votes in the Landsraad, which will increase to 3 if you prove loyal and dedicated to your lands promotion. As for the matter of which lands do you rule? Well, thats a problem, seeing as how Moose didn't give any lands to you. Talk to me privately on AIM about this please. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Moose walked up to Angelguardian as he flashed a false smile and shook hands with one of the many businessmen who thought themselves important and known within the sphere of upper class society."You didn't have to make me sound like such a crappy ruler." Moose said as he grinned at the first person from Shireroth he had ever interacted with, not counting the now-gone Sai'Kar Lum'Eth, who introduced him to the nation many years ago. "I guess I do deserve it though. I left you with a half-finished war and with the responsibility to deal with the rearrangement of the nation.""Tis nothing bigger than what I or my master have had to deal with in the past. I am still trying to decide what I will do, however.""If you wish to have my opinion, treasure Fax and his hunters. They are a most valuable asset to our military forces. I don't know what they will do once the cease fire is lifted, but..." Moose glanced around himself and then grabbed the arm of Angelguardian and pulled him into a corner where they could have more privacy."I've heard that Fax is very pleased that he is finally among people who will respect his culture and perhaps become part of it. I'm currently looking into the prospect of learning the ways of a Hunter myself, in fact. Perhaps the combined forces of the Benecian Knights and the Hunters, coupled with the forces of Baron Dusch, may tip the tides. Your defensive measures are also a great change. I myself was too busy trying to keep away from the beurocracy to partake in the bloodshed, but I pray that you will take a more offensive position and top off our side. I will admit that I didn't do my job properly near the end of my reign, but I have full confidence that you will pick up the slack and do what I could not."I am but a Minister and a Dipolomat now. Perhaps finally I can find a comfortable spot to sit in." They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

Yes, sir. Thanks for the vote of confidence. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

AngelGuardian93

Angel smiled at his former duke, and shook his hand.I didn't quite mean to make you sound SO bad... Gman was always better at speeches. As for the war... I told you from the start I would not have a part in this. If Duke Lyon wishes an end to this war I will give it to him- provided he controls the butcherer... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 10/17/05 21:15

Return to “County of Yardistan”