I'm free!

Moderator: Gman Russell

Ari Rahikkala

I'm free!

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I am free!And freedom tastes of reality. I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Jadie of Goldshire

Re: I'm free!

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

*blink blink*I didnt' know you were chained Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

The Who!*destroys all the instruments in the general vicinity and knocks over a cab* Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

free of what? "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Tahmaseb

Post by Tahmaseb »

It's just an illusion.

Kaiser Wyltheow I

So is the three-dimensional world you see...another one just like it could be less than a milimetre away... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Methinks our Kaiser has been reading Discover Magazine...

Kaiser Wyltheow I

No...pop sci...and soon some other more complex things on branes and stuff... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

I love pop sci..i just wish i could get it more often... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Kaiser Wyltheow I

This month's edition features an excelent article on superstring theory and brane theory (althought the explanation of the latter is a bit lacking in comparison to the former). I suggest that you get you hands on it if you have ever wondered about the six dimensions you can't sense. Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

nifty.... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Kaiser Wyltheow I

I like the last theory they talked about in m-brane section of the article...it basically said that there are two parallel 4-dimensional universes (by parallel, i mean identicle in every fashion; and by 4-d, i mean three of movement and 1 of time) which are connected by a 2-d surface. The paralell universe, it turns out, is something like a millimeter away, but in a dimension we cannot travel. In the words of the article, that is "wicked awesome." I did some more research on the topic, and appairently every trillion years or so the separate universes are allowed to touch and that anihilates just about everything in the universes and starts another big bang...of course the problem with branes is that they are pretty much untested theories (and quite possibly untestable)... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

The universe will collapse one of these days and life as we know it will end... it's inevitable in Christian science and athiestic science.So lets all sit back and wait for the big finale!*sits back in a lawn chair, drinks smoothie* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

*steals smoothie and runs off giggling*

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I like Scientific American better.. http://www.sciam.com Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Kaiser Wyltheow I

I get popsci, so that's what I read...Actually greg, there is not nearly enough matter in the universe to make it collapse. The Gravity the matter creates is less powerful than the acceleration pulling it apart (and do to "dark energy", it is accellerating). So, the exact opposite is true. The fabric of timespace will eventually rip apart, causing the end of the universe (Known as the Big Rip theory).It's inescapable. Deal. Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

The important thing is, I won't see it happen. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

unless i learn an imortality spell "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So.. what happens after the big rip? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Scott Alexander

The branes collide again and introduce another sort-of-Universe into the system, which then expands some more and rips again until the branes collide again, et cetera. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Assuming branes exist, which is unproven and maybe even unlikely. Actually, i don't think the Big Rip theory and the Brane theory work well together... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

I just hope that I don't become someone's dream when I die. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

BRANES!/zombie mode "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Scott Alexander

I don't think so either. When did this "Big Rip" thing come to be accepted? I had always heard the Universe would keep expanding forever and all the protons would decay and matter would basically disappear until everything was cold and empty, something which seems to fit perfectly with the brane theory.

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

I thought that the universe would gradually stop expanding, and then collapse back inwards upon itself, reducing itself to the simplest form (which, in the case of the chem class I got this from, happened to be iron). Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Woulnd't it be energy? or hydrogen? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

hydrogen is too reactive. Iron conducts energy the best. So, if god is falliable, does that mean that this universe (or plane of existence, depending on your style of thought) could be nothing more than a metaphysical trashcan?Platypi point to this being true.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Iron is reactive too you know.. and more complex...Though I heard every thing breaks down or comes together to form lead. Radioactive decame makes all atoms want to be lead... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

That may be what it was. I don't remember all that well. I was kinda half asleep at the time. So, if god is falliable, does that mean that this universe (or plane of existence, depending on your style of thought) could be nothing more than a metaphysical trashcan?Platypi point to this being true.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yay for having "read" the chart of (insert technical word here)) isotopes... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Return to “County of Yardistan”