Star Wreck

Moderator: Gman Russell

Ari Rahikkala

Star Wreck

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

http://www.starwreck.comStart by viewing the trailer. Then, depending on your tolerance for really bad... well, general quality of movies, go back to the beginning of the story. Basically, the farther back you go in the list, the worse it all looks and the more horrible the experience of watching the stuff is. OTOH, the older movies are also a lot shorter - the first Star Wreck is only four minutes, while the newest released one is 43. The only exceptions to this rule are episodes IV (which, IMO, is visually worse than II and III) and 4 1/2 (which forces you to sustain some direct hits to your brain caused by fart humour). Why would I ask you to do that? Well, there's a point to it. After you've watched the whole series, you'll be so desinsitised to the badness of the actors (so densitised that you won't even notice the smirk on the face of one of those Korg drones in episode V) that when you watch the trailer of the yet-to-be-released movie again, you'll think it rocks. At least I did. Then again, I'm a Finn. I'm looking forward to the release of the actual movie Star Wreck VI... should it ever really happen. I got it! The Necronomicon must obviously be a Mornington Crescent rulebook!

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Star Wreck

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Yeah...fart jokes are pretty common on american tv... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar.

Kaiser Mors III

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

I seeeeeeeeeeeeee....... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

2) *watches the trailer and laughs a bit*3) *downloads every episode*4) *dies laughing on ep. 3*......1) *is reborn from own ashes*((I look forward to the rest...)) Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

The way Ari talks about it, I decided not to waste my bandwidthon it... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

it was brill! "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:The way Ari talks about it, I decided not to waste my bandwidthon it...It's a matter of great subtlety and general strangeness... you know, the motto of the production team is "Huonoa laatua huolella", which means "Bad quality with care". In other words, the Star Wreck movies are really bad but you can never tell if any specific horror was caused by lack of work. In fact, I've only heard of a single real technical mistake in the history of the series... and haven't been able to spot it myself... I got it! The Necronomicon must obviously be a Mornington Crescent rulebook!

Return to “County of Yardistan”