*Opens doors to Grand Yardistani Hall*

Moderator: Gman Russell

Gman Russell

Re: *Opens doors to Grand Yardistani Hall*

Post by Gman Russell »

*laughs* arranged marriages! *laughs again* classic...

UEC

Post by UEC »

arranged... MATCHMAKERS!!!!!!Nick.. we need a peaceful relationship between Yardistan and Kildare.. go marry Joseph... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

*looks at nick with those cute little puppy-dog eyes...*umm... or not... I think some might take offense...*shakes head**realizes!**catches self*- - but that's not the only reason! Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Um...no...Kildare has good relations with Yardistan...at least Novi D. does...note that the current capital of Yardistan is Novi Nigrad... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Goldshire? ELWYNN!.... Loth? LOTH!!!! Yes.. that's it!Go marry Mattlore.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

Who is Marrying Mattlore??*laughs*You guys and your matchmaking this should be interesting....I am glad that I am immune to it.....he he he Harvey's Elf-cat Kaiseress

Gryphon Avocatio

1) I'm not marrying anybody.2) Jadie, so far, there is no law against Polygamy in shireroth.... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Kaiseress Jadie

meep!!!!!Um..I might have to fix that... Harvey's Elf-cat Kaiseress

UEC

Post by UEC »

why? Makes things interesting... And why shouldn't we allow it? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Jadie

Polygamy= Evil!!! Harvey's Elf-cat Kaiseress

Gryphon Avocatio

You don't want more than one slave...I mean...er...Husband? -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Kaiseress Jadie

Slave where???I don't see one anywhere..*laughs* Harvey's Elf-cat Kaiseress

Gryphon Avocatio

You really need to whip that boy into shape -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Kaiseress Jadie

ah-hah you took the way I didn't want you to....*laughs*He has just been missing for like the past 2 weeks....so I was asking where he was.. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

UEC

Post by UEC »

You only think Poligamy is evil cause the Catholics said it was way back when... Evolutionarily/Biologically it's really not such a bad thing. And who says a person can't equally love 2+ people? And people always assume Polygomy would only be for males to have multiple wives.. but woman could have multiple husbands... Hell.. Societies are full of such cases.. ussually with men with multiple wives, and concubines.. but I tihnk I've heard cases of matriachal societies, with women with multiple husbands..Anyhoo... views on poligamy differ from one society/culture to another. The view that it is evil is just an ethnocentric(religiocentric?) belief, derived from your christian ideology.(if anything in this sounded offencive, it wasn't meant as such) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Of course, some people just don't like the idea...regardless of what religions say, it has become part of our culture to look on multiple marriages as an oddity. She doesn't believe polygamy is evil because the Catholics said something...first off, it was probably the Jews, not the Catholics...so don't go Catholic bashing (i know...it's easy and they ask for it)...but ultimately, she believes that because it is the norm in modern western culture... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Kaiseress Jadie

*glares at Erik*It is not because of what the Catholics or the Jews said....I just believe there is one person for me out there...not 2 or more.....you can only love one person with your whole being....At least that is what I believe personally. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

UEC

Post by UEC »

But ever consider where you got that belief? (I know I'm going down a Phsychological/sociological/philosophical road that leads to fun things... but go with it...) Ever stop to think that your views are not really your own? I know, the idea of them not being your own is unpleasent.. the whole belief in free will and such... But maybe those beliefs aren't yours... but you think they are, because as a child they were ingrained into you. So you have come to believe that is what is right... and that it is YOUR choice.. but did you ever really have a choice? How can you when that is what is drilled into you as a child. you may think you've questioned it. But in reality.. you can't. Cause your instint is to dislike it. An instinct that was programmed into you as a child...And Nick, it doesn't really matter what religion it was, I was just picking one that tends to have had alot of influence on western morality.But who is to say you cannot give yourself to more than one person? Hell, might you even claim that only being able to give your love to 1 person be a sign of weakness? There may be a whole assortment of people who could in most respects if not all work as your beloved equally as well. Odd example.. Two people marry.. are COMPLETLY in love... than... later on.. one dies... after a good long grieving period.. the surviving one moves on with life... as the dead one would proly want... and marries again.. and is COMPLETELY in love with that person.. and vice versa... Both those people where right for the one that survived... Hell.. what would happen in "heaven".. if say the surviver was a women, would BOTH her husbands be there when she and the 2nd husband bought it?(I'm not saying I'm into polygomy myself, but I like playing devils advocate, and challenging morality... than agian.. never said I was against polygomy..) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Jadie

*stares at Erik*I am just giving you my *personal* opinion on the matter which I am fully entitled to. Some people don't have problem with Polygamy..true but I do have a problem with it. People are entitled to think whatever they want and if they are wrong then well oopsies I guess they will find out sooner or later won't they? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Quote:Ever stop to think that your views are not really your own? I know, the idea of them not being your own is unpleasent.. the whole belief in free will and such... But maybe those beliefs aren't yours... but you think they are, because as a child they were ingrained into you. So you have come to believe that is what is right... and that it is YOUR choice.. but did you ever really have a choice? Actually...I muse on this quite frequently...yes...our beliefs are given to us as children...and those beliefs make up who we become as adults...I don't pretend that all my beliefs came from my own thoughts...for I think that if I came to all my conclusions myself, i would be very busy thinking about random stuff...now...I don't think that we have a big choice in what we believe...it's very difficult to do, for as you've said, we are told what is right as a child. Many people do not have the capability of changing those ingrained beliefs, mostly because it would cause a major disruption to the base of many of their other beliefs....until I was about five or six years old, i wasn't exposed to religion...and even after that...I wasn't taught much of "this is right" and "this is wrong." It would suffice to say that I am a very open minded person as a result of not having been conditioned to believe certain things.I certainly believe that a good argument for polygamy can be made, for instance. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Sounds a bit like me.. thought I WAS expused heavly to christian beliefs as a child.. damn private school...One could proly argue polygamy/monogomy both ways very well.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Return to “County of Yardistan”