MY Browser is going mad..

Moderator: Gman Russell

Kaiser Raynor X

MY Browser is going mad..

Post by Kaiser Raynor X »

Yes.. it's going insane..... It works sometimes.. but not others.... I had to reset explorer....(I ALT_CTRL_DEL and said shut down Explorer... and it said the program was not responding or sometihng... DUH.. and I Said.. KILL IT!... and it restarts the GUI...and the browser.) to get it working right.. But it's being a pain in the ass... damn Win98(not 98SE.....) Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

Re: MY Browser is going mad..

Post by Jadie Mathematician »

go windows XP!!!! Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

Windows is the problem.... XP can suck it.. in fact.. it does Suck... it......heh..Go Linux! Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

I LIKE WINDOWS!! LEAVE WINDOWS ALONE!! Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

NEVER!.. Windows must die! Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

NO!!*protects Windows XP* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

*Get's a REQLLLLLLALALLALLYLLYLYLYLLYLYLYYYYYYY REALLLLLY Big hammer*JD.. ..Move aside.. it's for the best... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Chaos reigns withingReflect, repent and rebootOrder shall returnThat's one of the only haikus I've ever bothered to memorize... anyway, for your browser trouble, I'd recommend either:1) reinstalling the whole OS2) installing a better OS3) installing a better browserWindows is generally so opaque that if you get stuff like Explorer misbehaving sporadically, it's completely useless to even try to track down the cause...BTW, if you're going to smash Windows XP, could you at least leave the kernel design? That's one nice thing about it... microkernels aren't the fastest thing around, but they're nicely flexible. Of course, the flexibility of a proprietary microkernel is not even close to that of an open-source monolithic kernel, especially as the monolithic kernel is modular anyway, but I still do like the design... Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Jadie Mathematician

I am not moving ERIK!!*stands her ground and has Fireball help her* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

* ari dumps several dozen liters of water on Fireball *Do not expect to think that that's all I have... Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Jadie Mathematician

You really don't pay attention do you??Fireball is a MOOGLE!! Water doesnt' affect him...*laughs**fireball shakes off all the water and stands guard* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

PhillipMarshall

Post by PhillipMarshall »

hahaha thats funny don't blink, you'll miss my shot.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, you asked for it...* ari washes Fireball away with several hundred liters of water * "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Jadie Mathematician

HEY!!*fireball comes swimming back*Good Fireball....*smiles* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

*Recalls that the real Fireball is a small redish fish*.....*Dumps several liters of seawater on the XP system...*THere......... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

..................................................*computer dies**runs over to another computer*Okay now how do you expect me to do my job without a computer...this is a friends and I can't be expected to use hers all the time!! Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

*sets up a Linux machine for JD from the remains of her old one...*THERE! Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

But...I don't know how to use this.... Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hm... I wonder what desktop environment you installed on it... but being that you're a RH user, it's probably GNOME. So... the best I can give you is gnome.org/learn/intro/latest/ . However... what sort of a 'net connection do you have, Jadie? "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Jadie Mathematician

T-3And yes I really am using Windows XP...and no Erik did not really kill my computer and give me Linux instead. Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Yeah, I do know the difference between reality and fiction here... I blurred it deliberately in the last post...... but anyway...My gawd, you're spoiled! Eh. But you could really try Knoppix or something on your computer - just download, burn and boot, and you're inside a Linux system... one that ought to be pretty easy to use... "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Kaiser Raynor X

I'm sooooo making a new Linux Box next year.... Several!.. I'll bring all 6 of the machines... (I have 10 technically... but 1 is an old mac laptop, 1 is a old mac LCIII, and another is my moms.... and the 4th is my dads...technically.. even though I took it over...) Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Um... what are you going to do with all those computers? "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Kaiser Raynor X

I have NO idea... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

You could add Ethernet cards to them and make a distcc cluster, assuming they have any real processing power... anything over the 200MHz/64MB range should be useful, even if in a minor way... Then you could install Gentoo on some box of yours. "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Jadie Mathematician

I love being at college.....*laughs*It is a beautiful thing! *smiles*And Erik why don't you share the wealth huh?*laughs*This is my first and only computer....My parents had one before their new one but that was from 1991. No CD-rom ....Windows 3.1 and DOS! *gasp* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

Most of MY comps are like... 166mhz..hehe.. 16-32meg RAM.... POS CD-roms... 1 is nothing but scrap... (I think I included it...) I'm just good at aquiring computers... And other stuff... Speakers, sub-woofers, printers......... I one of the Sub-Woofers I aquired... It's on a lease right now.. to test if it works.. I'm still waiting for the accual offer.. but I'm not picky.. I got it for free...hehe I COULD get another computer if I wanted to.. 166mzh.. and proly a monitor.... but I turned it down.. but I'm temped to ask about it...again.. Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

*looks at her computer*All of a sudden I love my computer....it is like 1.8 Ghz....DVD-rom and CD-RW drive...and and about 60 Gigs of memory....Okay the people that bought this computer did a really good job...oh wait one of them works for HP....of course he would know a good computer...*laughs* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

You mean 60Gigs of Disk space... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

*laughs*I am computer illiterate!! *laughs* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Return to “County of Yardistan”