I think my computer is killing my eyesight!!!

Moderator: Gman Russell

Kaiser Raynor X

Re: I think my computer is killing my eyesight!!!

Post by Kaiser Raynor X »

Maybe this wasn't a good idea... I think I'm gonna puke... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Kaiser Raynor X

I think my computer is killing my eyesight!!!

I realized I was like... 5 inches from my screen.... That's bad.. no wonder my head hurts... I was at 600x800 resolution.. ow trhat it the other way? but now I'm at 1024x782 or something like that.. and everything is so small I can';t read it... Perhaps I can retrain my eyes to be good. They are proly to used to focusing at close up.. now the focus must shift to smaller print... and my eyesite will improve... MAUUAHAHAHHAI hope... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

poor kaiser Follow me!!! TAKE UP YOUR SPORKS!! AND FOLLOW ME TO BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser Raynor X

I didn't puke... but I reset my resolution... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It's 800x600 and 1024x768 :). I'm using a 19 inch screen at 1600x1200... Sometimes I need to make fonts a bit bigger to make them comfortably readable at my normal sitting position, but it's usually just nice. I usually would rather change font sizes than to strain to read text. Dori me / interimo adapare dori me / ameno ameno latire / latiremo / dori meAmeno / omenare imperavi ameno / dimere dimere matiro / matiremo / ameno....

Kaiser Raynor X

I don't get much options on my font sizes.. Medium.. and Big.. damned Winblows.. Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

Post by Jadie Mathematician »

Eh...my eye sight is already bad enough I don't think that computer is helping. Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

*detonates his comp* Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

*looks at what was Kaiser's computer*Nice black hole you have there Kaiser...now how do you expect to communitcate with all of us? Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

*begins counting...*I have 9 others... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

That is a lot of computers....I only have one..*hugs computer*DON'T DIE ON ME! Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

1 is my moms... Win ME...1 is mine.... Win98 (with lots of me messing with the hardware..hehe it's dieing..)1 is my dad's.. technically... Win98 (though it was made for XP... and I took it over...)1 Linux Workstation..1 Linux server...3 without anything...(though slated for Linux...)1 for parts...1 Mac.. LCIII... old..1 Mac Laptop... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

one computer with Win XPthat is at collegeanother one at home with WIN XPand one with WIN 3.1 Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

2 Win Xps... I'm sorry... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

I actually like it....and I have figured it out too!! Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

As have I... kinda.. but I hate MIcroslut.... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

*laughs* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

VIVA LA LINUX!! HAIL THE PENGUIN! Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Am I just too mellow, cynical, or otherwise unwilling to "Hail the Penguin" even though my own box runs purely Linux? Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Kaiser Raynor X

But... Linux is our friend... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Yes. It is our friend. It is not our lord. Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Kaiser Raynor X

*bows before the all powerful Linux* Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie Mathematician

*doesn't know what to do so just stands there and looks pretty* Just a bubbly elf-cat girl who gives out adviceand saves countries

Kaiser Raynor X

Bow before your lord Linux!.. Cast of the hallow lies of Microsoft! Repent for your sins against the one true OS!(or anything else Unix based)! Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

[voice speaker="Agent Smith"]No.[/voice]Open-source Unix is not a lord. It is only a slave. Perhaps the stupidest and weakest of all the slaves man has ever had. It has no will and no direction of its own, it does not need anything nor want anything. All it has is its nature - the incredible richness, power and versatility that it offers. Note the word offers. It does not own this nature - it can only give it. In many cases, as a free gift. The proper course of action is to accept that gift and cherish it, and make the best of it that you can. But that's not all there is to it, for there is an even better course of action: Taking what has been given to you, improving on it, then giving it back - and since the nature of data is that it is infinitely copyable, you do not lose anything when doing this. Open-source is an ultimate positive-sum game.(speaking of versatility, I've been fiddling around with the 2.5.x series of Linux kernels today (the current development kernels). It took me three tries to just get any text on the screen after booting... not because of the code, but because of my own lack of knowledge and patience in configuring the kernel. That doesn't necessarily mean it's versatile, but it does mean that there's a huge amount of configuration options...) Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Kaiser Raynor X

STill.... ALL HAIL LINUX!1 Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

* ari shakes his head disapprovingly *No... I guess you just can't understand it. The power is not outside you, it is not a figurehead you're supposed to - er even able to - hail or bow before. When you have the source, you have the power. You are the one that's all-powerful. It is the understanding of this power, and the skill to wield and harness it, that you should strive for. Worshipping won't gain you anyone's acceptance... nor any power. Go forth, study and learn, and hack, and you will see your might accumulating. Maybe one day it will surpass that of the great net.gods. Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Kaiser Raynor X

All hail the Kernal? Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

No...ALL HAIL THE HACKER! It's simple as that. You may appreciate some software for elegance, stability, usefulness, etc. but the party you should hail and thank for it is not the software itself but those who wrote it. Proud proponent of iruka-ai everywhere

Kaiser Raynor X

All hail the guy who first made the Linux Kernal? Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Return to “County of Yardistan”