Yardistan Blurb

Moderator: Gman Russell

Kaiser Los I

Yardistan Blurb

Post by Kaiser Los I »

The Isle of Yardistan was first discovered by the mariners of the Brookshire and the Khaz Modan in ancient times. They called it Gronoroth. Some years afterwards, the people of Istvanistan also set up settlements on the IsleÂ’s eastern coast, trading their explosives for high quality gems from the north. Through the next few centuries, Gronoroth prospered, but soon it became an irresistible prize for the growing Khaz Modan empire. They conquered it, driving out the Istvanistanis in the east, but when Istvanistan gained in power under King Istvan II they took back Yardistan from the now weak Khaz Modanis, calling it Izvaniard and resuming the gems – explosives trade. The wise Istvanistani rule brings great prosperity to the Isle, and after the Machiavellian lands to the west revolt successfully against the Khaz Modan, they are inspired to try a similar revolt against Istvanistan, and succeed. Calling themselves the Iardistani, they believe they are destined for a great future. Unfortunately, a number of climactic changes nearly destroy them. Their government collapses and they are reduced to warring tribes. Finally, the climate stabilizes, and the successors of the old Iardistan government, now Yardistan due to gradual linguistic shifts, retake the island with the help of some Shirerothian troops. However, Shireroth gradually attempts to control the culture and government of Yardistan, finally attempting to impose their religion on the Yardistanis, who follow a different Boomist sect. Although the Yardistanis inflict major damage on the Shirerothians and force them to agree to a truce, Shirerothian armies almost totally overrun Yardistan, razing the capital of Blassburk. The island remains an unimportant and savage land until Stjepan Aracic, a descendent of Istvan, and Istvanistani noble was given control of Yardistan by the government as a last ditch effort. For a few years he ruled well and wisely, and the Isle gained slightly in power and wealth, but when he became on the verge of Transcending, he asked Kaiser Gaelen I of Shireroth to take control of the Isle for him. Gaelen, who already ruled the neighboring lands of Amity and Mirioth, agreed, and Yardistan became a Shirerothian duchy. "The number one thing that is different in micronationalism and real life is that while in real life most people want to be a part of the solution, in micronationalism most people want to be a part of the problem" - Ari RahikkalaEdited by: Scott Siskind  at: 6/2/02 10:07:38 pm

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Yardistan Blurb

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

AHH!!! Dusch-esque, artificially-created mumbo-jumbo! And it doesn't even match my Dusch-esque, artificially-created mumbo-jumbo...danm... NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

*innocent*It doesn't? Look again. You may just like it better the second time around... "We must go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and ever twirling, twirling, twirrrrlliiiinnggg towards freedom!" - Kodos

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Funny...I do like it better the second time...:P NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

For Her Light

Post by For Her Light »

I suppose that it wouldn't be fair to add that at the time of my arrival at Yardistan, Istvanistan was already past its Republic state, and prior had been a Soviet Style People's Republic at the conclusion of a civil war in which the royal family and most of the larger land holding nobles were exiled. (Basically, me not a noble until...well, now, but only here in Shireroth)I really should write this stuff down... So I'm moving on... I'll never forget...As you lay there and watched me...Accepting the end...I knew you were scared...You were strong, I was trying...I gave you my hand...I said "It's okay, let it go, time to leave you...And I'll carry on...The best that I can without you here beside me..."...Let him come take you home... Edited by: For Her Light at: 6/15/02 7:35:51 pm

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Post by Kaiseress Viviantia I »

Maybe we can get you and GS working together a bit to make the two histories fit together with Nick's, which has already been added in.. Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of Shireroth

Return to “County of Yardistan”