In need of activists...

Moderator: Gman Russell

Lord Raglan

In need of activists...

Post by Lord Raglan »

The Duchy of Lothlaria is a homeland of peace and serenity for the kiwi. We feel that they must be protected and the word of a homeland must be spread throughout all of micronationalism!!! We have heeded the call to go out and tell all that the rights of the kiwi must not be trampled on.So, I come here to ask for activists (I was told Nick might be interested in this)... As our first call, we will go to Babkha, unless you have a better idea, to inform them of the power of the kiwi and the need for a kiwi homeland in Babkha.SAVE THE KIWI! Nick RaglanTymaria-RS Duke of LothlariaMACH Duke of ItaliaSpecial Assistant to the Prime ExecutiveChief of Defense Staff, TDFDelvenus-Governor of Electrovenus

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: In need of activists...

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

We shall see... NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Post by Kaiseress Viviantia I »

SAVE THE KIWI! Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

SAVE THE KIWI AGAIN!!!

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Aren't we still trying for the first time? Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Gryphon the Pure

shh... they don't know that yet...

Kaiseress Viviantia I

It all makes sence now.. Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Isn't it spelt sense? Or maybe its spelt different in America Mattlore DeviousLord Executive, New MacadamDeputy PM, Amerada Other places you may find me: Tymaria: Free Republic & Shireroth, Most Serene Empire of the Cumquat, Pacary, The Senate SimulationEditor, THE NUTThe Micronational World SevensIgnorance is Bliss, Knowledge is Power, What does that tell you about power?"A Cloud of the unknown approaches, Instead of running with fear, he smiles and turns to face it"

Lord Raglan

Post by Lord Raglan »

it is sense... That was just a misspelling...Of course, Americans do know how to correct spell defense and color and honor... Plus, we have an exit instead of the way out... Nick RaglanTymaria-RS Duke of LothlariaMACH Duke of ItaliaSpecial Assistant to the Prime ExecutiveChief of Defense Staff, TDFDelvenus-Governor of Electrovenus

Gryphon the Pure

you do mean we know how to correct ly spell colour and honour, right?(both color and colour are acceptable... I prefer the latter, it just looks so much cooler... and sophisticated...) Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

Kaiseress Viviantia I

I just spell phonetically.... since I can't really spell in general... Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Gryphon Avocatio

Form cue here, walk in file, and be sure to mind the gap.(Form line here, walk single-file, and watch your step)   Nick the Yardistani Anarch of All of Yardistan / High Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Wandering Bard of Istvanistan Save the Kiwi! Quote: ¡Ay! ¡No es bueno! ¡Mis pantelones están en fuego! -Jubbles

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Huh? Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Lord Raglan

Post by Lord Raglan »

Cooler and sophisticated coming from people with poor dental care and usually a very funny accent...But I don't care about the accent part... Accents are usually just fun to listen to in especially in Bahss-tin (where one can go to the Mach-it) or in New York where people open drahs (or drawers for those not familar with the accent) Nick RaglanTymaria-RS Duke of LothlariaMACH Duke of ItaliaSpecial Assistant to the Prime ExecutiveChief of Defense Staff, TDFDelvenus-Governor of Electrovenus

Gryphon the Pure

and then there's hah-vah'd... Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

Lord Raglan

Post by Lord Raglan »

Oh, that community college up the street from MIT... Well, what else do you expect from a place that you can hear the difference between car keys and khakis... Nick RaglanTymaria-RS Duke of LothlariaMACH Duke of ItaliaSpecial Assistant to the Prime ExecutiveChief of Defense Staff, TDFDelvenus-Governor of Electrovenus

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

Car keys and khakis are not homophones where I live. Car keys has a colored r following an "ah" sound, while khakis has no colored r (there is no r anyway), and has the same sound as "cat".Or did you mean can't? University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Gryphon the Pure

homophones? one way radios? i think you mean homonyms... Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

Lord Raglan

Post by Lord Raglan »

no no... Things that sound the same...In Boston, the r kinda goes away... giving you mach-it, instead of market...Therefore, if you keep that sound, "car keys" are "khakis"...Say it over and over a few times... You will get in eventually... Nick RaglanTymaria-RS Duke of LothlariaMACH Duke of ItaliaSpecial Assistant to the Prime ExecutiveChief of Defense Staff, TDFDelvenus-Governor of Electrovenus

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

I was about to say homonyms, but a homonym is something that both sounds the same and is spelled the same, but means different things. A homophone, however, is something that is spelled differently, has the same pronunciation, but has different meanings.A homonym would be pine (pine tree) and pine (he pined away)A homophone would be meat and meetThe two are often not differentiated.I'm not quite sure how you got homophone to mean one-way radio, since homo- means same (e.g. homosexual = same sex; homogeneous = same race (the literal translation; homos + genos)). To come up with one radio (I don't know "one-way" in Greek)... eiphone? I don't really remember numbers in Greek. I've never heard of a form of the Greek 1 used in prefixes anyway. ah well... University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Uniphone? Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

Only if you want to create a Greco-Latin word I suppose... University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Sure.. why not! Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Gryphon the Pure

damn it, i hate it when english teachers teach me wrongly. That is just soo not cool. It was I believe fifth grade when I first learned of homonyms, and my english teacher insisted that they weren't spelled the same... like witch and which... #$&%!!! Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

That meet/meat example I used was the same example I saw in third grade... or was it second grade...?As I've said, usually they aren't differentiated, but they are different things. University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Gryphon the Pure

If I knew who my english teacher was when I learned homonyms, then I'd send her a few dictionaries... Heil Apostrophe! "Some are destined for greatness, but others decide for themsleves."-Destiny, Angel of Light

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

Or grammar books... University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Kaiseress Viviantia I

Or both... Kaiseress Viviantia IKaiseress of ShirerothSAVE THE KIWI!

Gryphon Avocatio

I think english is over rated...   Nick the Yardistani Anarch of All of Yardistan / High Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Wandering Bard of Istvanistan Save the Kiwi! Quote: ¡Ay! ¡No es bueno! ¡Mis pantelones están en fuego! -Jubbles

Kaiser Mors II

Post by Kaiser Mors II »

Proly.. but it is widely used.... Kaiser of Mors IINow it is time to see how you die. Remember Death is not the end.......But only a transition.End the pain

Return to “County of Yardistan”