Help! I'm unqualified!

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Yvain Wintersong

Help! I'm unqualified!

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

I don't remember why I wanted the Minister of Information position before I left, or what I planned to do with it. Looking through the Lawbook, it doesn't look like my kind of work:
The Lawbook wrote:1. The Minister of Information shall be given admin over the Shireroth board, to be used for the purposes of synchronicity and security.
a. It is the duty of the Minister appearance of the forum.
b. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to align any relevant parts of the forum to their respective sections of the Shireroth website.
c. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to take on any emergency administrative duties for security.
I don't have admin over the Shireroth board, I don't think I would know how to use it if I did, and Ari is doing all of this so well that I don't think I could ever improve on him.
The Lawbook wrote:2. The Minister of Information shall be given admin over the Shireroth website, and shall use such power for the purpose of maintenance and updating.
a. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to assure that the Shireroth website is functional and navigable.
b. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to provide image hosting on this site for the forum images.
c. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to maintain the accuracy of the information on the Shireroth website.
I don't have admin over the Shireroth website, my HTML skills are only so-so at best, and I thought we stopped using the website when we made the wiki.
The Lawbook wrote:3. The Ministry of Information shall keep the public reasonably informed about Shirithian matters.
a. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to maintain data on any matters pertinent to the citizenry of Shireroth.
b. It is the duty of the Minister of Information to maintain data on any matters pertinent to the nation of Shireroth.
This sounds a lot like the Census, which the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization does.

Therefore, I pronounce myself unqualified to be Minister of Information, and suggest the Kaiser either fire me, dissolve this Ministry, or give me a new portfolio. I would be good at something where I could make graphics for people, like maybe designing the currency and the awards.

b3n|<3r|\|

Re: Help! I'm unqualified!

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

That's out of date. Or if it isn't, it's just wrong, like alot of the Lawbook - it's the law, it always has been, but it either has never actually been what goes on or isn't anymore. The first two are MiniInt (the website bit is kinda redundant though) and the third is MiniImNat.

MiniInfo is like... books and stuff, I think. You've got the sub-MiniCart and sub-MiniReEd to play with there. I dunno man.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

MiniInfo is the forum if I'm not mistaken. And the wiki/website.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Ari does all that of late, and does it within his ministerial capacity now. MiniInfo apparently does the website, but it doesn't anymore, Ari set up the website archival and all the citizens work on the wiki.
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Strange to have the ministries in the LawBook since they are responsible to and appointed by the Kaiser.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

They're there I think so the Landsraad can mess around with them... so the Landsraad has *some* control over the government's workings.

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

But the Kaiser has "final say". DB III-A-2.a.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

... of course. If the Landsraad only has *some* power, I imagine there must be more power floating about, and excess power is usually the Kaiser's. :kaiser

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

There can never be too much power. :smashy
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Return to “Ministry of Information”