More Info, please

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Andreas the Wise

More Info, please

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I'm looking at archives and Wiki and so on, and trying to make sure I don't step on people's toes, though I probably will. Can anyone answer the following:
Gong-Li has no posts or development, yes? So I'm free to do what I want with it?
Old Hallucination has a long developed history which was entirely lost in the EzyBoard attack. So I can develop what I know (mainly about the Temple of Ryvenna and that Jonas started threads about Pubs and the French in there) and keep going with new stuff?
Raynor Isles has Hallucigrad (but no longer, I note) with Castle Von Scott? It must have something interesting with a city named Biotopia, but I can't really find it ...
Norfolk had minor development by Nick, but mainly had a jokey civil war with Melangia and didn't move much beyond that ... (I was delighted to discover a reference to Melangia in an old Kildarian archives - we did the right thing in getting it back, Jonas!)
And Melangia belonged to an old nation (didn't most things) but doesn't have any Shirithian development anywhere?

Anything I've missed?
Oh, and the Barony being named Atterock has a hilarious irony as both the current counties of Attera and Blackrock are not in this Barony ... so I can just run with the name as I like. I'm thinking of having The Atterock somewhere, probably Melangia ...

If you do have info that's written down somewhere, not just what you remember, can you include a link please? I'd rather not have to trawl through the whole archives more ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ari Rahikkala

Re: More Info, please

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Gong Li was the Confederation of Hau'oli 'Ena in the UAS. It had a very active and successful economy and stock market for its time, but being an early Apollo nation it was understandably short-lived. The culture was Polynesian-inspired but never developed in depth. The most memorable thing probably anybody here remembers from there anymore is "A'kuo'leini the drunken Polynesian says...", an off-topic thread started by Stjepan Aracic that was... well, it had a fun title, alright :p? (incidentally, what the drunken Polynesian said was "howdy".)

Jacobus has said he's trying/going to try to bring Austi Scot for a visit. You might want to ask him about Halluci if you get the chance.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Andreas the Wise

Ok, Polynesian, I can handle that ... thanks Ari.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I was speaking with Hypatia Agnesi (my daughter) yesterday about Old Hallucination, which has been her county. She said she believes she may be back in the near future, but right now is just too busy with moving and starting a new job soon. I don't feel I can speak beyond that, except to say I hope she will return soon.

Andreas the Wise

OK, for now I'll leave it beyond what I've done already in getting it back up and running. If she comes, she can be Countess again.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Another spot of info ... how much of the Kildare history on the Wiki is ficitional like the Ages of Shireroth, and how much of it is just a report of what happened in the Apollo sector in "real" life ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It's all fictional until 0 ASC, and from then on a fictionalised retelling of real events (with reality and fiction conflated better than I remembered, I might add). There's a couple of things in it that are completely fictional, but only four lines that are completely fictional after 0 ASC as far as I can tell. Here are the lines; they are, incidentally, all almost at the end of the story...

506 - Dimensional World War. Sun Tower (City of the Sun) opened and the Wind Song is removed. Pure Evil escapes Eclipse and travels back in time. Wind Song becomes part of the Elemental Seal. Microns begin showing up. Sai´Kar sacrifices herself to trap Pure Evil in the City of the Sun.

531 - Dark One campaign. Pure Evil corrupts Bill Dusch, who takes over the FIoJ. Resistances forces defeat him, rescue Bill, and destroy Pure Evil in one of mankind's greatest battles against the forces of darkness.

595 - Infernals invade Micras. Almost all resistances forces are crushed. Jason Steffke, Erik Metzler, and Eoin Dornan form underground gurilla resistance movements.

596 - Beam of Hope campaign. Massive allied resistance forces recapture Jasonia and defeat the Infernal last stand at Fort Audentior. Infernals are moped up by regional forces. Sai'Kar Lum'Eth rediscovers Ptia and meets Amy and Empress there.0414

Andreas the Wise

Yeah, I was wondering about that war ... thanks Ari.
Q - Director of SAMIN

benkern

Post by benkern »

Andreas-

Can't believe I haven't asked - have you played Control of Destiny? Or its sequel? Or preferably both?
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

The Control of Destiny 1 demo... been *far* too long since I played that... wait, did I ever play that? I'm starting to feel confused on this point...

Oh, well. It's not exactly simple to look up information on those games, so here's a link to the release announcement for Control of Destiny 2... well, for what exists of that game so far, anyway (it's a very lengthy work in progress, and we all love Harvey for the rather frightening amount of work he must have put in the game... actually, we love him for a whole host of reasons, but... that game's the most recent one :p).

benkern

Post by benkern »

Hmm. You make a damn fine point. There really needs to be a website for the whole series with links to all the individual places you can find info...

Latest version of CoD1 I can find.

The software needed to play it. (RPG Maker 2003)

Sealed Gate! I found it in the same directory.

Edit: You also make a damn fine point about Harvey! THANX HARV WE ALL LOVE J0000! :love
No seriously I couldn't believe the quality of CoD2 when I first played it. CoD roxxored by soxxors, but in the sequel you could see a better game designer hard at work behind it. I would say "If these games weren't a knock-off of Chrono Trigger you could sell them", but I think that adds an element to it in fact. And you can also compare the games just to see how much character CoD has on its own despite... some quite serious plot-copyage. :P
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Andreas the Wise

No Benkern, though I have strongly considered playing them ... but the last time you asked me I'd just finished Crono Trigger and gone back to school work so I though ... better not ...

I might now though.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

I'm playing it, and finding a serious problem ... I've just rescued Matt Dusch from the prison, have to escape via the roof tops, use the time thing, and suddenly ... I'm back at the title screen. Have I found a fatal error?
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:I'm playing it, and finding a serious problem ... I've just rescued Matt Dusch from the prison, have to escape via the roof tops, use the time thing, and suddenly ... I'm back at the title screen. Have I found a fatal error?
If I look to the MCS forum I see your problels are solved. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Yes. MCS can be very helpful ....
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Ministry of Information”