Ghosts!

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Scott of Hyperborea

Ghosts!

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The counter at the bottom of the board says that 8000 people have been online since yesterday, and 40 something people are online now. It's pretty obvious there are no more than five or ten flesh-and-blood people on here, and maybe a few more lurkers or random visitors.

What's going on? Are we being haunted or something?

benkern

Post by benkern »

For some reason most micronational forums I go on these days seem to have extremely high amounts of guests. In fact, in the USSC, there's almost constantly one or two guests looking at the General Board. I would be most interested to find out the cause.
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Kaiser Letifer III

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

Bots...? Maybe. Don't ask me.. I barely know how to run this board.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

All people who aren't logged in will count as guest(every time if you come at the board, a new guest).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

benkern

Post by benkern »

I think the odd thing is that alot of Shirerithians automatically log in, I assume. I do, anyway. So I'm not generating any guests.

But that doesn't explain why every 5 minutes or however often that bar updates there's like 50 guests.
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

EriShadowMoon

Post by EriShadowMoon »

At least used to be that many actualy would not log in and would just lurk around in the shadows. I always log on but that's just me.

As for ghosts ya I brought some with me being quasi undead and all but not that many....

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Spam bots I'll bet

benkern

Post by benkern »

These ghosts have been dispelled by Ardashir I believe; there's only room enough for one undead presence on this forum. :P
By His H47,

Kaiser Letifer III

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

At one point of another we've had a number of legit undead presences...

Return to “Ministry of Information”