Ministerial To Do List

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Ryan

Ministerial To Do List

Post by Ryan »

I am putting together a running list of major and minor projects to do for the Ministry of Information. This is what I have so far. If there are any particular requests, please post them here.

-Get our SSHIT together
--Organize that godforsaken mess

-Update the Ministry of Cartography
--Replace Bill's no-longer-functioning maps with ones linked directly to the wiki
--Update the Grand List of Feudalism
--Ditch the MAS. Fold it into the MAS at the MCS. Translate the info it contains to appropriate wiki pages.

-Update and expand the wiki
--Flesh out pages that have little information (if possible)
--Add pages for missing items

-Update the website
--Drag people out of their homes and kick them until I get the info I need
--Put together some web templates people can input info in to and then upload to the site

As I make these updates I will make an announcement for each accordingly.

Further, I am eliminating the bounty system. If you want to write an article, then write one and show it to me. I will pay you based on the level of competency and effort placed into said article.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Eoin

Re: Ministerial To Do List

Post by Eoin »

If you need a hand with specific articles or anything, give me a shout.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Work on whatever piques your interest. The nice thing about wiki pages is that multiple people can work on the same page.

It would be good if you could get pages up (if they're not already there) on Blackrock and the nations it had close relations with at the time (e.g. PBF, Bellatoria, etc). I have flags for all of them stored in my archives. So those could be added later.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Ooo can I make the MAS Wiki page?
Leo Fenrir

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Go ahead. I would like to see the material sifted through and compared to data posted at the MCS-MAS since I would like to bring the two together so that they both present the same information. You, myself, or both of us can do this. I remember most of this stuff since I was part of the original development, so if you have questions just ask me.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Ryan wrote:Further, I am eliminating the bounty system. If you want to write an article, then write one and show it to me. I will pay you based on the level of competency and effort placed into said article.
Just FYI, the bounties are for more than just the wiki articles. If you look at last month's bounties, most of them were for cultural projects/stories. Are you eliminating those too? Also, I'm pretty sure there's something in the LawBook about bounties.
*runs to check*
Yep!
3. The Ministry of Trade is empowered to distribute further money by means of paying bounties.
A while back MiniTrade "delegated" that to MiniInfo.

:) :) :)
100% Sass Free, Brought to you by Allot Inc., courtesy of the Khan/Leo
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yes, the MiniTrade is "empowered" to do so, but not required.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

What was your plan with SSHIT? Cause I'm still a part of that...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

As far as bounties go, I don't see much of a difference between putting out a bounty and waiting (forever) for someone to fill it, or just paying people ad hoc for their contributions on a case-by-case basis. And since I am only "empowered" to put out bounties, I will stick with my original plan.

As far as cultural material goes; if I'm supposed to be paying people for that then I gladly will. But for one, I can't possibly stay on top of everything everyone does here; and second, I don't see any previous pretext for these alluded payouts.

Erik - I have not had time yet to do a thorough inspection of SSHIT yet, but what I have looked at seems to be rather disjointed and spread out all over the place. By organization I mean putting together some link lists and/or translating the articles on the forum into wiki articles. For the list, I mean something like the Lac Glacei Decree Book; wherein it's basically just a list of links, in chronological order, to individual decrees. You being most familiar with the contents of that forum, you could do this yourself if you wanted and save me some extra work.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

You seem to have misunderstood the bounty system. Bounties aren't "put out", bounties are awarded afterwards upon application, or just anyway.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It won't be fast/soon, but I can keep it on my overall to-do list.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Malliki Tosha wrote:You seem to have misunderstood the bounty system. Bounties aren't "put out", bounties are awarded afterwards upon application, or just anyway.
Ok, I think I understand that better. Sorry, this system is new to me. But who does the application? Am I supposed to follow people around or do they come to me? The latter would make more sense. e.g. "Lookit what I wrote! Can I get paid for it?"

Erik - That's cool. One of us will get to it eventually.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I was considering founding a business on bounty advocacy, i.e. people would sign up to have me follow their bountyworthy doings and come bountying time I'd mention them to the MiniInfo/MiniTrade for a small cut of the income...

... but then I realised it'd take time and effort...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:I was considering founding a business on bounty advocacy, i.e. people would sign up to have me follow their bountyworthy doings and come bountying time I'd mention them to the MiniInfo/MiniTrade for a small cut of the income...

... but then I realised it'd take time and effort...
Let people take the initiative: they have to give you the links to their work. That way it's less work for you and those who actually want money and earned it, receive it. :document
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Hear the Kaiser!
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Fine by me. I've got enough work cut out for me on the other projects. :document

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

That's a good idea. Go for it Ari!

Return to “Ministry of Information”