metzler.port5.com?

Updates and expands the website, http://www.shireroth.org
Kaiser Erik

metzler.port5.com?

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Why is the site on metzler.port5.com.... and not shireroth.port5.comI know we have hosting issues.. but shouldn't the site be on SHIREROTH.port5 not METZLER.port5? Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

ErosDarkstar

Re: metzler.port5.com?

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Since when do we have hosting space other than irs.port5.com? Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

since we keep going over bandwidth and the site gets shut down and I don't have money to send in nor a way to send it nor it in - what is it? canadian pounds or some such thing? Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

So what you're saying is you applied and obtained metzler.port5.com for us? Cool Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Phoenix the Risen

yeah... by the end of the year I project us having at least six web addresses... with at least four of them shut down by their hosts for over-bandwidth usage... we're already halfway there...(this is the problem with the party threads and en-masse RPing that have been going on - they keep reloading all the images in order to find new messages and reply and then load up the main page after they've replied... and it just eats away at our bandwidth...)So Erik... is it possible we could levy some minor taxes to get off the Free webhosting systems? It would really make my job a gazillion times easier - and then we would have a more permanent home - and the ability to do massive archives that aren't subject to winblows errors and the like... and if we ever get pissed off with EzBoard, we could host the forums there too... as a last resort of course... Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

I tried that.. no one can pay it.... If we can find a CHEAP server.. I might be able to fork out cash... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Phoenix the Risen

you tried that? how come I never heard?we could always try again... just like fifty cents or something... and once I get paid (sometime in the hopefully near future) I could fork over a considerable amount Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

in exchange for a big pile of Erb, a vote in the lands rad, my face i lights, or somother none cash reward, I may be wiling to tripple my daily bandwidth, and hold the images that way war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

for $7/month, I can get us 250 megs of space, no daily bandwidth limit, and a monthly bandwidth limit of 3 gigs. Question: is this better or worse than our current situation? Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

And for $9, we can also own http://www.shireroth.com for a year. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Phoenix the Risen

David: I do not have the power to grant you seat in the Landsraad... especially as that is not related to this issue...and Eros...HOLY FUCK, D00D!!!Our current limits are 10 meg space, and 100 meg bandwidth/month...Our current site totals... I believe 1.79 meg space and about 200 meg bandwidth/month...I would be willing to donate the $9 for shireroth.com, but I can't really say much for the rest of the costs... I would probably be willing to donate quite a bit more, but I need more information... so before you do anything... what is the server where we can get these and stuff? (I still need to shop around a bit) Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

I've talked to Erik about it, we're looking into it. We'll get back to you. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

The Money is on the way....... to your dorm... as soon as I get down there again.... with the money... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I’m willing to donate actual cash – so find a way to reach me with a place to send a money order – and I’ll do it.austi_scot@hotmail.com

lachlanpowers

Post by lachlanpowers »

Those of you who have heard of sub's hosting project.. moving from ezboard to ipb.. may not know that he was also going to include website and image hosting for people... and his price was really cheap as it would be a collective thing b/w nations.. i think he was even going to have free hostingSo before you spend money you may like to wait and see if subs project is any good.. it looks set to be launched next month as Jouker is just finishing the scripts to allow for usernames to be used across many IPB like here on ezboardMore information you can contact me or visit Aerlig or reply here and i will return

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Have money. Will have webspace soon (as in, as soon as I get to it this weekend).Have no need for silly "plans".EzBoard is fine. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Most of those plans fall through... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Erik: Need to talk to you about the website. Give me a call. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

When? Just IM me... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Return to “Ministry of Information”